Immigration Health Surcharge FLR Dependant Question

I need to pay the health surcharge as part of my wife's FLR application. Although she has a dependant daughter, the daughter is not part of this application as still in Thailand.

When starting the process to pay the health surcharge it asks "do you have any dependants?" and obviously if you click yes, it requires details.

Is this like the FLR(M) form where it wants details regardless of who's applying or will it attempt to charge me for anyone I list? There is a disclaimer about confirming truthful details before you get to the paying stage, so it's not clear what to do.

Anybody?

I've just gone ahead, agreed to the truthful info declaration and paid for the one person applying. The FLR(M) application contains all info about dependants not applying, so presumably it's not needed here when paying the IHS. I want this application in the post tomorrow, so that's that done.

Mods - feel free to delete this thread.

As you discovered, although dependents do need to be entered on the form unless they, too, are applying only the applicant has to pay the surcharge and the application fee.

It is, of course, vital that any dependents are entered on the form. Not doing so will only cause major problems if those dependents should apply for a UK visa in the future; even a visit one.

E.g. "You are applying to visit your mother xxxxx in the UK, but in her settlement visa and leave to remain applications she said she had no children; Refused!"

It is, of course, vital that any dependents are entered on the form. Not doing so will only cause major problems if those dependents should apply for a UK visa in the future; even a visit one.

Yes. I gave all the info required in the form regarding my wife's daughter and mentioned where appropriate that an application for her daughter would be made after my wife's (hopefully successful) FLR application. Also stuck in a letter of support largely paving the way for a future child application. The application was posted this morning so now it's back to the waiting game. Glad it's done and not looking forward to her daughter's application, but thankful for the breather for a few weeks.