New Zealand, new flag

rooster59

New Zealand, new flag

post-247607-0-14768600-1449881312_thumb.

New Zealanders have chosen a design for a possible new national flag that features the country’s iconic silver fern alongside the four stars of the Southern Cross constellation.

It is too close to call between two flags with the same design but different colours.

The winner go head-to-head with the current flag next March.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-12

We are all very envious of New Zealand, a country with so few major problems to worry about (seriously), that they have so much time and energy to devote to such a high priority as designing a new national flag.

ha, so true. I am here now and it is a great country. I plan to wrap things up in Thailand over the next couple years and get my kids educated in nz. will miss Thailand but I hope I can fit in a trip back here and there.

2nd hand story here so I'll make it brief.

Canuck guy told it to me years after it happened.

Canuck is working in Abu Dhabi with a Kiwi friend. Kiwi guy's birthday is coming in a month or 2, so he manages to find an inflatable sheep sex toy as a gag gift while on vacation back in Canada.

Abu Dhabi customs finds it, pull it out of his bag and they start blowing it up in front of Allah & everybody at the airport.

Said he never wanted to crawl under a rock so bad in all his life.

They kept it. clap2.gif

Edit:

Oh yeah, this in reference to my sheep post above.

Edited by jaywalker

best of a bad bunch. we are part of the best club in the world, the commonwealth. taking off the union jack off our flag is like a child divorcing its mother.

THANK YOU!!!

By the way, me too, am preparing everything for a move to South Island so the kids can be educated there, and learn what it means for the 'outdoor life'. ;)

We are all very envious of New Zealand, a country with so few major problems to worry about (seriously), that they have so much time and energy to devote to such a high priority as designing a new national flag.

Corruption is not exactly encouraged. The Kiwis do a magnificent job, if only they'd stop sending their rugby teams over to Oz!!

tongue.png

Canuck is working in Abu Dhabi with a Kiwi friend. Kiwi guy's birthday is coming in a month or 2, so he manages to find an inflatable sheep sex toy as a gag gift while on vacation back in Canada.

Abu Dhabi customs finds it, pull it out of his bag and they start blowing it up in front of Allah & everybody at the airport.

They kept it. clap2.gif

Edit:

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Good one cousin!!

Great work thus far due to our Kiwi friends. Lets see if we Australians can follow suit now there is no more influence from "Little Johnny Rotten" and his farcical republic referendum of 1999.

Edited by bdenner

You're joking right?

Benefit scroungers run amok, immigrant problems, asylum seeker problems, mass unemployment.

State pension cutbacks for citizens, while they spend all their money on welfare abroad.

Looks like any other bankrupt western country to me.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

tongue.png

They kept it. clap2.gif

Edit:

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Good one cousin!!

Canada is a source of inflatable sheep sex toys?????blink.png

You're joking right?

Benefit scroungers run amok, immigrant problems, asylum seeker problems, mass unemployment.

State pension cutbacks for citizens, while they spend all their money on welfare abroad.

Looks like any other bankrupt western country to me.

are you talking about NZ? I am here at the moment and it seems to be a great country. very strong tourism and dairy industries, unemployment under 6 percent. what asylum seekers? my parents are retired here. despite being very well off they get more in retirement benefits than my gross salary in thaialand.