Medical insurance for Farang in Thailand

willyumiii

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning to everyone, thank's for your posts, I read everything but at least I don't understand... For me is the first time, now I live in Italy but on the next 4 mounts I'm going to live in Isaan with my wife.
We're 30 years, and if we want to have (and we need to have) an health insurance, can you give me some links to consult to get started informing me? Really need 50000 bath for years as start price?

Sorry for my English...

Thank's William

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/26/2017 at 11:13 AM, kamalabob2 said:

I had a 66,000 baht four night Buriram Hospital stay paid in full by BUPA in March 2017. I was not thrilled with the experience of the surgeon, or condition of the VIP room but I was lazy and did not check with other hospitals in March.   Earlier this week BUPA paid 168,017 baht of a non invasive inguinal hernia operation by an excellent surgeon at the Bangkok Korat Hospital. I was two nights in a VIP room of that  private hospital.  I paid 160 baht for a home medicine that was not covered. The other 4 take home medicines were covered and I have zero complaints. Each of these recent 2017 medical procedures there was no red tape, no run around, no hesitation from BUPA.  The hospital admission staff accepted BUPA with a phone call to verify my policy status.  I pay for the 2 million baht Platinum policy. There was a world of difference in hospital experiences for me. My insurance broker Eric Dohlon in Phuket advised me to consider a more prominent hospital if I was not satisfied with my March experience. I am the same age as the OP and I have had good experiences with BUPA since 2008. 

Entrance bangkok Korat Hospital.jpg

How much is the 2 million policy per month? 

On 2/22/2016 at 7:29 AM, JESSVANPELT said:

By far the best in Thailand is Bupa, best service prompt payment never a hassle and cheaper then most. I have several friends who have it and have never had a problem. Its also good in other countries except USA

You can get a quote right from the internet and if you sign up and go one year with out incident they rebate 10% back to you.

How do they rebate it?  I might be a new expat shortly and I plan to buy BUPA. Looking online the rates and policies seem fine, certainly something I would do for my first year, and refine or change later if things don't work out.  If I pay all upfront for the year, how would they rebate?  I don't have any Thai banking setup.  Would I need to have some sort of Thai account to process things?  I don't mind doing that, but I don' t plan to be regularly or monthly transferring funds.  I will bring over 4 or 5 months of USD at a time, as I will have to return to the states at least twice a year for some business things. 

11 hours ago, Yasoh said:

Good morning to everyone, thank's for your posts, I read everything but at least I don't understand... For me is the first time, now I live in Italy but on the next 4 mounts I'm going to live in Isaan with my wife.
We're 30 years, and if we want to have (and we need to have) an health insurance, can you give me some links to consult to get started informing me? Really need 50000 bath for years as start price?

Sorry for my English...

Thank's William

If you're only 30 years old then the health insurance premiums are much lower compared to a 50 year old, for example.

For an indication regarding pricing see this link for a basic health insurance policy, Health 1st available through Bangkok Bank, only 13,100 baht per person.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/Bancassurance/LifeInsurance/Pages/Health1st.aspx

However, for specific information regarding policies available in Thailand, you should contact one of the ThaiVisa Forum insurance sponsors such as AA Insurance Brokers.

If you're only 30 years old then the health insurance premiums are much lower compared to a 50 year old, for example.

For an indication regarding pricing see this link for a basic health insurance policy, Health 1st available through Bangkok Bank, only 13,100 baht per person.
http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/Bancassurance/LifeInsurance/Pages/Health1st.aspx

However, for specific information regarding policies available in Thailand, you should contact one of the ThaiVisa Forum insurance sponsors such as AA Insurance Brokers.

Thanks a lot, really [emoji6]

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

How do they rebate it?  I might be a new expat shortly and I plan to buy BUPA. Looking online the rates and policies seem fine, certainly something I would do for my first year, and refine or change later if things don't work out.  If I pay all upfront for the year, how would they rebate?  I don't have any Thai banking setup.  Would I need to have some sort of Thai account to process things?  I don't mind doing that, but I don' t plan to be regularly or monthly transferring funds.  I will bring over 4 or 5 months of USD at a time, as I will have to return to the states at least twice a year for some business things. 

They send me a bank draft for the amount directly to my residence, 4 straight years now

• 3 weeks later...

Archived