Non Imm O via spouse extension Question

OK, I was just reading the requirements for my non imm o extension based on marriage. This is my 9th extension and I always check the requirements every year because they always change. I usually put 400,000 in the bank for 2 months which is no issue but I read something interesting under the financial requirements. Have a look below:

Have the required financial resources:
a. Husband of a Thai lady - An average annual income of 40,000 Baht per month or a
money deposit of not less than 400,000 Baht for the past two months.
b. Parent(s) - One must have an average annual income of 40,000 Baht per month or a
money deposit of not less than 400,000 Baht.
Can anyone tell me if you're parents to a half Thai/foreign child does that mean under "b" that either parent (Thai or not Thai) can show proof of funds of 40,000B a month income? or is it still just the foreigner have to show the funds? If my wife(thai) can show the 40,000B income per month it would save me a lot of time with transfers etc. And what about the 400,000B in the Bank. Can my wife show that instead of me? It doesn't stat a time frame. This info was posted on Oct 2015.
Does anyone know if there are any changes from last year applying for the Non Imm O extension via spouse? I'm applying in Rayong. Thanks for any info!!

No and no.

The "parent" is of course you. Its "your" extension. But if you have a Thai wife you will do it based on her (married to her).

Even if there is a way to do it based on your child (registered father) it will still be your income/money to proof.

The 400'000 Baht has to be in a Thai bank account solely to your name.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Its best to read the translation of the original police order:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280314

ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU No. 327/2557

Subject: Criteria and Conditions for Consideration of an Alien’s Application fo r a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand

and then read chapter :"2.18".

The text still leaves room for interpretation, but its all about the "alien" (thats you tongue.png ) who has to fullfil requirements.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

OK! Thanks for clearing that up.

They shouldn't put the s in Parent(s) . It makes it sound like they mean both parents.

It is badly written but it is referring to the foreign parent applying for the extension.

There is no hard and fast rule that if you are married you can't apply as a parent. I've had two extensions granted as a parent at two different offices with my wife present and the bank balance topped up on the day of application. So if seasoned funds or proof of income is an issue it's worth asking at the office processing the application.

OK! Thanks for clearing that up.

They shouldn't put the s in Parent(s) . It makes it sound like they mean both parents.

It is badly written but it is referring to the foreign parent applying for the extension.

There is no hard and fast rule that if you are married you can't apply as a parent. I've had two extensions granted as a parent at two different offices with my wife present and the bank balance topped up on the day of application. So if seasoned funds or proof of income is an issue it's worth asking at the office processing the application.

Money not an issue but I've never heard you can apply as a parent. So what's the difference? Do you need to show the 400,000B in the bank for 2 months or you just have to show 400,000B at the time of applying for the extension without the 2 month period?

No mention of any seasoning.

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.

That clause is meant to be for a single parent (male or female). Most immigration offices interpret it that way and not will allow you do an extension based upon being a parent if married.

Some offices also want seasoning for the extension based upon being a parent.