Minor Change in 90 Day Reporting at Nonthaburi Immigration

Just got back from Nonthaburi Immigration for my 90 day report. Before they wanted a copy of the passport face page, visa page and now a copy both front and back of the Departure Card. I always take a full set of passport copies just in case and today, I needed the one copy of my Departure Card. Just a word to the wise for those using Nonthaburi Immigration as now I saw only one lady from before. It seems the entire office has been replaced by new personnel.

a copy both front and back of the Departure Card.

Really, back of the departure card???

Are they finally going nuts?

Or lack of wastepaper?

This is empty except for a very little print on the lower left probably describing the document type in Thai.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Or lack of wastepaper?

This is empty except for a very little print on the lower left probably describing the document type in Thai.

I believe older TM6's actually had information on the back as well.

I believe older TM6's actually had information on the back as well.

That would make sense.

My card form 2011 is blank on the back.

Do they not use the bar code from your previous report?

Thats the point. But as usual every office has its own pace.

I cross my fingers that my online reporting will continue to work.

Do they not use the bar code from your previous report? For more or less a year now, at Jomtien you haven't needed any photocopies or the reporting form. They've just read the bar code from the last report, printed out the new one and sent you on your way. I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that that was the common practice now.

No bar code on new report date on 90 day report in KK

Do they not use the bar code from your previous report? For more or less a year now, at Jomtien you haven't needed any photocopies or the reporting form. They've just read the bar code from the last report, printed out the new one and sent you on your way. I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that that was the common practice now.

No bar code on new report date on 90 day report in KK

Not all offices have been doing the bar code. My previous report receipt had one for the first time. But the one I have now from a mailed in report is written and stamped not printed out.

I have needed nothing more than my passport and a TM47 for all my reports done in person. Offices that want more than that are a rarity.

Or lack of wastepaper?

This is Thailand, as the OP said, there have been changes of staff, this would not be Thailand if some new staff took charge without making

changes for the sake of change. Just another case of people in charge loving their authority.

Us "guests" just love the way we are sometimes treated, don't we?

I was in Nonthaburi Immigration today, but not for my 90 day. I was doing my retirement extension, but ever staff member in there today were the same as were there since I've been here, which is a few years now. Maybe yesterday was some special day and they were off for some meeting or training?