US police department's offer helpful hints for surviving a mass shooting

webfact

US police department's offer helpful hints for surviving a mass shooting
Rohan Smithnews.com.au

RUN. Hide. Fight. That’s the message from police departments across the US to average Joes who find themselves in the firing line of a mass shooting.

This year, more than 350 gun massacres have rocked neighbourhoods across the US. Since President Barack Obama moved into the Oval Office, there have been three times that many.

To help police deal with the inevitable next attack, departments have taken to educating the public on how to protect themselves. The strategy is simpler than you might think.

Dallas police last week offered tips and tricks to concerned citizens at a library. The sit-in was casual — it included snacks and drinks — but the topics were deadly serious.

“I wish I didn’t have to do this,” officer Dave Wilson told the Dallas Morning News. “But the fact of the matter is we don’t live in the same world I was born in.”

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-police-departments-offer-helpful-hints-for-surviving-a-mass-shooting/news-story/1f441de39c646b21f6d09cdf56e3ee4d

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2015-12-14

In what's become a worrying trend, gun training courses are springing up in the US in response to recent mass shootings.

Right. You never see one of these nut jobs enter a police station or a gun club and open fire. I wonder why?

Make a cheap 6 shot gun that everyone over the age of 16 can afford. Most of the mass killings could be stopped if the people in the schools,churches, offices etc. could shoot back !

What a fantastic idea, give everyone a 6 shot gun and all problems are over....lol. If the kids have a fight while they are drunk, great tools at their disposal. Just hope you are not nearby!

Edited by schietkop

350 gun massacres

This is a lie. Included in that number are all gun deaths such as those of domestic violence where only one person is killed. There has only be 4 gun massacres where more than tour people were killed.

Interesting that you brought up the Everytown Mass Murder scam.

I did a survey last night of their site and came up with some rather astonishing information.

For starters, Everytown has come up with a mass shooting definition that says four or more individuals must have been shot. There are no minimum number of deaths required to qualify as a mass shooting and, indeed, no deaths are required for an incident to qualify.

Now some facts:

1. A total of 353 shootings are identified as mass shootings.

2. Of these there were 151 shooting incidents that did not result in a death.

3. There were an additional 99 shootings where only one death was involved.

4. Of the total of 353 shooting 281 of them the shooter is unknown.

5. An additional 7 shooters have not had their identity disclosed by the authorities.

Not being satisfied with the mass shooting definition, I decided to survey the site using the FBI accepted definition of any mass shooting where four or more deaths were involved.

I discovered the following facts:

1. There were 40 shooting incidents that involved 4 or more deaths as the FBI requires.

2. Of these 40 incidents, the shooter is unknown in 15 of them. Many drive by shootings.

3. Of the 40 shootings, 28 of them were family related and occurred in private homes.

4. Of the 12 remaining mass shootings not family related, the results are:

+++++ Six of them were random street shootings with the shooters and motives unknown.

+++++ One was in a barber shop. The shooter was described as insane.

+++++ One was the Waco, TX, biker gang shootings.

+++++ One was the South Carolina AME Church shooting by an Anti Christian terrorist. Dylan Roof. (gun free zone)

+++++ One was the Tennessee US Navy Reserve Center shooting by an Islamic terrorist, Mohammed Abdulaziz. (gun free zone)

+++++ One was the Umpqua Community College shooting by an anti Christian terrorist, Chris Harper (gun free zone)

+++++ One was the San Bernardino, CA, shooting at the Christmas party by two Islamic terrorists. Farook and Malik. (gun free zone)

Everytown's shooting tracker is a joke but feel free to draw your own conclusions.

The information is on their site found here: http://www.shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

Edited by chuckd