recommend carpet cleaning service?

CaptHaddock

Buy some cleaning solution, a immersion big heater, a spray bottle, and a wet/dry shop vac. Get an old 5 gallon paint bucket.

Fill the bucket with water. Drop in the heater and the cleaning solution. Bring water/solution to a boil. Put solution in the spray bottle.

Spray solution on a corner to test for color bleeding. Let sit for a minute. Suck it up w/ shop vac. If everything's good, do the rest of the rug. Hang to dry.

I'm a DIY person. I also don't think you'd get a quality job here.

Thanks, but I am not interested in alternatives. I expect it is hard, but not impossible, to get a quality job done here, which is why I am asking for actual experience with a local vendor along with actual prices paid, if possible. In other situations I favor DIY, but not this.

I have used one company twice to steam clean the fixed carpets in my condo. The cost is about 2500 baht for about 40 sq m. (my condo is 70 sq m but exposed carpet is smaller). This company supplies curtains as well, but whether they accept orientals I do not know. If nobody else recommends somebody to you I will try and dig out an old receipt.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a follow-up. I looked up in the Australian and New Zealand Women's Group Bangkok Guide for carpet cleaners and called three of the recommended outfits. One is a general cleaner run by Thais. Their price was about $.160/sq. foot. They wanted to clean the rugs in my home. Not a good idea, however. I called two Indian carpet dealers who also do cleaning, but only of carpets. Their prices were quite close at about $2.09/sq. foot. So, I hired Oriental Carpets (Thailand) Co., Ltd. which is located on Sukhumwit soi 33. First I had them take just the two smallest rugs as a trial. They brought them back in a few days clean, dry, not puckered, and with no smell of chemicals. I then had them take the three larger carpets which they just brought back today. All pickups and deliveries were exactly on time. The price of $2.09/sq foot compares favorably with prices in the US for which I saw estimates of $2.50 to $5.00 per sq. foot. So, I think the price was in line with what I would expect.

I am delighted with the results. My rugs look like new with vivid colors again. It is possible to get excellent service in Thailand. I recommend the company without reservation:

www.orientalcarpetsthailand.com

• 1 year later...

Carpets are expensive products, so you would certainly want someone experienced to handle them. Everyone around uses the same method to clean them like put some powder, readymade solution, soap and bleach, give them a scrub wash and then finally vacuum dry them. If you want to give pamper wash to your carpet, I would suggest trying this company called CarpetThailand. They have a brilliant and unique method of giving your carpet a herbal wash and the herbal solutions they use are homemade. Find out the number from their website www.carpetthailand.com and enquire about the information you want to know. See if it works for you. Cheers...!!!

Edited by gauravsingh

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2015 at 7:39 AM, CaptHaddock said:

Thanks, but I am not interested in alternatives. I expect it is hard, but not impossible, to get a quality job done here, which is why I am asking for actual experience with a local vendor along with actual prices paid, if possible. In other situations I favor DIY, but not this.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your views with us. I am new in Bangkok. Does anyone recommend me a cleaning service provider that can provide upholstery cleaning, carpet cleaning, Floor cleaning all three in services? So in this way, I could my time...

• 7 months later...
On 4/25/2017 at 8:47 AM, jackwills said:

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your views with us. I am new in Bangkok. Does anyone recommend me a cleaning service provider that can provide upholstery cleaning, carpet cleaning, Floor cleaning all three in services? So in this way, I could my time...

Anyone know a carpet cleaning service in the Pattaya/Jomtien area for ordinary  bedroom carpets ?

About 40 sq. mt 

• 2 weeks later...

Difficult to  find , however   a lady recently  cleaned my carpet quite well , has all  the proper heavy duty machine(s) etc
and got all the heavy water  stains out . They have an office in the VT residence   housing  estate   - right next to the Jomtien market and

opposite the 7/11 ( Soi 5 ). About 50   metres inside on the  right - ask for WU.

• 1 year later...
On 12/16/2015 at 8:49 AM, mcfish said:

I was looking myself a while back and there were a few in the yellow pages and they Come out to you and steam clean, not cheap but don't remember the exact price. Just Google yellow pages

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

all kinds of carpets sofa bed cleaning Bangkok phatthanakan soi 41 tel 0864033039

On 12/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, Jim1000 said:

Difficult to  find , however   a lady recently  cleaned my carpet quite well , has all  the proper heavy duty machine(s) etc
and got all the heavy water  stains out . They have an office in the VT residence   housing  estate   - right next to the Jomtien market and

opposite the 7/11 ( Soi 5 ). About 50   metres inside on the  right - ask for WU.

all kinds of carpets sofa bed cleaning Bangkok phatthanakan soi 41 tel 0864033039