What happened to the ozzie couple who tried to open a resort on an island 5 yrs ago

ghworker2010

Around 5 years ago I remember hearing about an Australian couple who were caught up in a deal to develop a big resort on one of the islands - somewhere close to sihanoukville.

I remember reading an interview about them when they were in PP. The deal had turned sour and I think I remember them saying that they were going to take it to court.

Any long term farang living in Cambodia might recall the circumstances better that I can. I wanted to know what was the end result for them- hopefully not 6 foot under. Did they have any success with beating the dodgy situation involving the resort

cheers

Thank you.

Just tried booking a room for Xmas, but they are booked up (unless we go 22/12 - 25/12 but I don't fancy checking out on Xmas Day, also only Jungle rooms available.)

US$ 4300 per day (all inclusive) for one of their 2 bedroom Jungle Villas

I vaguely remember that it wasnt that easy for these 2. Im sure that they had problems with corruption or something. I thought a Cambodian developer was fighting with them or something.

Whatever is the true story, its good that they have succeeded in making the resort. It looks nice...

If the Aussie couple paid 15 grand to kick the natives out and are charging punters 4300 bucks a night, I am pretty sure they are fairly bulletproof in Cambodia.

Edit: just read that elitedaily article and was a little bit sick in my mouth. Just think where all that affluent piss and shit effluent goes....

If the Aussie couple paid 15 grand to kick the natives out and are charging punters 4300 bucks a night, I am pretty sure they are fairly bulletproof in Cambodia.

Edit: just read that elitedaily article and was a little bit sick in my mouth. Just think where all that affluent piss and shit effluent goes....

I never heard of anyone willing to pay 4300 US dollars per night for a bed in Thailand, unless it was full of teenage nymphs, same goes for Cambodia , but then again who knows.

I never heard of anyone willing to pay 4300 US dollars per night for a bed in Thailand, unless it was full of teenage nymphs, same goes for Cambodia , but then again who knows.

You just do not move around in the right HISO circles. tongue.pngrolleyes.gifwink.png

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g325573-d2335506-Reviews-Song_Saa_Private_Island-Sihanoukville_Sihanoukville_Province.html

song-saa-samjamphoto-14-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived