Phuket teenagers held over man stabbed, dead near Patong Hill

webfact

Phuket teenagers held over man stabbed, dead near Patong Hill
Eakkapop Thongtub

1450247001_1-org.jpg
The body of Somparn Potakom, 25, was found by the side of the main road over Patong Hill. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police are questioning three teenagers over the death of a man whose body was found by the side of the road near the base of the Kathu side of Patong Hill late last night (Dec 15). The man, identified as Somparn Potakom, 25, from Nakhon Sawan, had been stabbed once in the chest.

Police were called to the scene, near the entrance of Soi Boon-erb, at 11:30pm.

“The man had one stab wound to the right side of his chest. There were no others signs of assault or injury,” said Lt Swanya Eidthrong of the Thung Thong Police.

Regardless, police had Mr Somparn’s body taken to Patong Hospital for doctors to confirm the cause of death, he added.

Witnesses told police that they saw a group of teenagers earlier last night hanging out in front of a rented room 50 metres away from where Mr Somparn’s body was found.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-teenagers-held-over-man-stabbed-dead-near-patong-hill-55425.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-16

Phuket gang stabs man to death
Phuket Gazette

p11.jpeg
Somparn Pohtakarm, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police are hunting for members of a gang who jumped two men, stabbing one to death, outside of the Suwan Phu-Pha Hotel in Kathu last night.

“We have already arrested three of the gang members responsible for the attack. However, the alleged killer is reportedly on the run,” said Maj Chawalit Petchsripia of Thung Thong police station.

According to witnesses, Somparn Pohtakarm, 25, and Boonting Parnprom, 31, had gotten into an argument with the group, who also lived in the area.

“The men then dropped off a friend at the entrance of Soi Bonsai. On their way back, six or seven people attacked them,” explained Maj Chawalit.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-gang-stabs-man-death/62636?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-16

These murders are becoming common events. It seems the police are losing their hold on the thugs. If not careful Thailand will find it`s self in the same situation as the UK, where young thugs run riot and claim areas as their own where they are let off with a slap on the wrist or the courts only issuing them with light sentences. Nip it in the bud now before it becomes completely out of hand and a huge social problem.

Hey "cyberfarang" you said it,,, could it end up like the USA or

Los Angeles,, the gangs rule and neighbourhoods end up lifeless as people leave

because of the gang violence,, hope it ends quickly here we don't need the violence

it's one of the reasons i don't like being in other countries,, let's see where Germany

ends up as well,, it's not he normal way to live.

These murders are becoming common events. It seems the police are losing their hold on the thugs. If not careful Thailand will find it`s self in the same situation as the UK, where young thugs run riot and claim areas as their own where they are let off with a slap on the wrist or the courts only issuing them with light sentences. Nip it in the bud now before it becomes completely out of hand and a huge social problem.

From where I am standing, the RTP has never had a "hold on the thugs" to lose. There is no money in it for them to investigate or (unlikely) prevent such lowlife gangfights. CCTV has made it possible to investigate, but without an informant it is unlikely to get solved.

The most we can hope for is that they do not hurt innocent passers-by. Otherwise let them get on with it.

This pointless competition twixt Phuket and Pattaya over which is most lawless has got to stop!

Once more USA is trotted out as example of Homicides gone wild.

UNODC lists rates of homicide per 100k: Thailand 5.0, USA 3.8 (and UK 1.0)

Don't bother us with facts, we've already got our opinions....

I doubt if the police have ever had a hold on the thugs. The gangs appear to do what they want and no one stops them. Maybe they could have Thailand as the Hub of Gangs

Hopefully wont end up like Australia too..

Phuket has always been a little "shady". I was there 7-8 years ago and it seems it's gotten a lot worse since. won't be going back.

This pointless competition twixt Phuket and Pattaya over which is most lawless has got to stop!

Thailand was 7.0 on that list last time i checked, almost twice as many homicides as USA.

Forget any hold on Phuket's youths, the parent are in 40s, do they grow up and worked far from that famous hill.....

With due respect, I wonder if you would not mind having another go at your post, this time with a reasonable expectation as to others being able to understand your meaning.

I think you really need to let go, long enough, with what you are playing with, and to do a bit of research, before making stupid comments.

Fact 1.1 per 100,000 for 2015

Geez, some of my fellow countrymen really do have something wrong.

What planet are you from?

"...are becoming common event ...police losing their hold on thugs..same situation as the UK....nip it in the bud now before it becomes completely out of hand and a huge social problem"

This is Phuket of today....

where it has been along with Pattaya, the scum capitol of the world.t It's well known to be controlled by what is known as the "Russian Mafia", and their downstream street gangs for many years.

Have a quiet word with one of the local taxi drivers, who may tell you that they are forced to charge the same exorbitant fare by the organization that controls them. If you speak Thai they may also let you know the fear of reprisals they will encounter if they, or anyone, disobey the rules.

Maybe you remarks are naïve, because you remember the Phuket of many years ago, but today it is not following, but leading the unsavory trends of not only inThailand but in the world.

To go with popular media reports, have you not read that illegal motorcycle gangs and even IS are trying to get a foothold into once this paradise of long gone years, but now just a scourge on modern society.

Edited by mankondang

What planet are you from?

"...are becoming common event ...police losing their hold on thugs..same situation as the UK....nip it in the bud now before it becomes completely out of hand and a huge social problem"

This is Phuket of today....

where it has been along with Pattaya, the scum capitol of the world.t It's well known to be controlled by what is known as the "Russian Mafia", and their downstream street gangs for many years.

Have a quiet word with one of the local taxi drivers, who may tell you that they are forced to charge the same exorbitant fare by the organization that controls them. If you speak Thai they may also let you know the fear of reprisals they will encounter if they, or anyone, disobey the rules.

Maybe you remarks are naïve, because you remember the Phuket of many years ago, but today it is not following, but leading the unsavory trends of not only inThailand but in the world.

To go with popular media reports, have you not read that illegal motorcycle gangs and even IS are trying to get a foothold into once this paradise of long gone years, but now just a scourge on modern society.

What planet are YOU from?

I don't think you can compare Pattaya with Poo ket, yes there are some problems in Pattaya but nowhere near as many as Poo Ket has. The RTP in Pattaya will follow up most complains but the incompetent lazy gits in Poo Ket

don't seem to have a clue.

AND if you are a Hi So you are always innocent

How true!. I caught the thugs that broke into my house but the Aussie police let them go because they were under 16. They were 15.

I had my car broklen into 3 times in oz. My house broken into twice and my wifes shopping trolly full of food stolen outside woolworths. This was over a period .of two years. Never had anything like this happened to me during 25 years living in Thailand. I could go on.....

Every day now murder and mayhem. I notice over the past two years lawlessness has increased significantly if the Thai Visa news is anything to go by. Thailand is becoming a dangerous place to live. The stalwarts of the farang community can say what they like and defend Thailand because many live securely within their own personal environments. But to many who don't have that security it means nothing. I live in the burbs of BKK but every day it becomes more of a hardship for me to look out for my welfare. One never knows when death is just around the corner.

Phuket has always been a little "shady". I was there 7-8 years ago and it seems it's gotten a lot worse since. won't be going back.

Do you go to Thailand at all then ? Incidents like this are unfortunately happening all over Thailand,it`s not only a Phuket or Pattaya problem.

Do you go to Thailand at all then ? Incidents like this are unfortunately happening all over Thailand,it`s not only a Phuket or Pattaya problem.

Never happened once in The city I lived in. Of course, that city is not BKK/Patpong, Samui, Pattaya, Koh Tao, Phuket, etc.

I certainly am not an expert on Red Light districts you're (probably) talking about?

I have seen the ping pong show. Gross.

Edited by SiSePuede419

Never happened once in The city I lived in. Of course, that city is not BKK/Patpong, Samui, Pattaya, Koh Tao, Phuket, etc.

I certainly am not an expert on Red Light districts you're (probably) talking about?

I have seen the ping pong show. Gross.

Sorry,hard to understand what you`re trying to say........can you please give it another try coffee1.gif ??

Edited by Yahooka