What is the cheapest new car that's OK?

flyDelight

Yep, we'll need your budget, and also what "OK" means to you...

If by "mini" cars you mean eco cars, what are your thoughts on cars like the Honda City/Jazz? Still too small? How small is too small, but also, how big is too big to be a small city car? :P

Edited by IMHO

Any of the eco-cars are great around town - that's what they are designed for. If it's mainly for a driver and one passenger, they are perfect. Then there is slightly larger jazz / city vios, etc. A bit larger but use more fuel too, and more expensive. Jazz is a good one for hauling large amounts of stuff around.

Like others said, what is your budget?

If by "mini" cars you mean eco cars, what are your thoughts on cars like the Honda City/Jazz? Still too small? How small is too small, but also, how big is too big to be a small city car? :P

Good morning, not OK are those typical old lady cars like Daihatsu Charade etc. that's crap. I rented a Honda Jazz some years ago and I think this is a great car for normal use. Just I think Honda brand is in the higher price range right? I do like the small Peugeot 1 series cars they are awesome. Had a Mazda BT50 once, great car also. Can I find a new car between 300k-400k? Edited by flyDelight

If by "mini" cars you mean eco cars, what are your thoughts on cars like the Honda City/Jazz? Still too small? How small is too small, but also, how big is too big to be a small city car? tongue.png

Good morning, not OK are those typical old lady cars like Daihatsu Charade etc. that's crap. I rented a Honda Jazz some years ago and I think this is a great car for normal use. Just I think Honda brand is in the higher price range right? I do like the small Peugeot 1 series cars they are awesome. Had a Mazda BT50 once, great car also. Can I find a new car between 300k-400k?

Not sure what a Peugeot 1 series is ? if you mean the 1007, have seen some here but your be paying around 700,000 baht for a 9 year old one..

VW Up is about the same size but expect to pay 1.8 million or so.. so makes a new + bigger Honda Jazz/City with a start price of under 600,000 baht look cheap..

Starting @ 529,000 baht the all New Mazda 2 is nice

Not similar, my question is simple, what is the cheapest car.

no new cars less than 400,000 baht

similar thread here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878743-best-car-for-under-half-a-million-baht/

Yeah the basic swift manual gear is 442K, but a basic nissan march is 392K. They are pretty bare bones though. Better choice in the 500-600K range. For less than 400K and a 'decent' car;, you would need to buy second hand I think.

Brio + March both look cool, gonna check then both in January. Thanks for all answers!

I test drove the brio one time while getting my honda serviced. It goes very well and economy was good. I steered away from it as it is very small and the boot / trunk is tiny. There is also more evidence of cost cutting (not completely spray painted in the engine bay, trunk, etc. It's cheaper than some of the other brands, and will be cheaper still after new taxes are introduced.

You can get a new car for cheaper than 400K

http://www.suzuki.co.th/webpage/celerio/price.html

But for the money, I would much rather get a secondhand Mazda 2 for the same price. The Celario is a super crappy econobox. The swift isn't bad for the >450-500K range. Other alternatives would be outgoing mitsubishi Mirage, Honda Brio and Nissan March. All float around the 400K mark at their lowest options.

How about a Top Model car for under 400,000 baht ? lot better than a base model new ?

1 year old Chevrolet Sonic 1.6 LTZ, plenty about For Sale, 4 door or 5 door hatch.. cost new 719,000 [Chevy website] so at under 400,000 baht in a year must be a good deal and cannot lose a lot more in the next few years

My friend's Suzuki is the Swift model. As I mentioned in a previous post, the car is bigger than I expected and I was surprised to see that it even has the keyless ignition. Not that I will ever buy another car while living upcountry because of road conditions but that Suzuki would be my choice if I were living in civilization.

The runout Ford Fiesta 1.5L 6AT Ambiente has a promotional MSRP of 494K with free insurance, and I reckon you could get them down from that too....

I called 3 different Ford Dealers and none had this available. Actually, all of them told me there were none available in Thailand. Does anyone know a dealer with this car and promotion at this time? Thanks in advance.

The runout Ford Fiesta 1.5L 6AT Ambiente has a promotional MSRP of 494K with free insurance, and I reckon you could get them down from that too....

I called 3 different Ford Dealers and none had this available. Actually, all of them told me there were none available in Thailand. Does anyone know a dealer with this car and promotion at this time? Thanks in advance.

I believe JAS21 mentioned he knew of a dealer with inventory in another thread....