British tourist vanishes in Thailand after telling parents a 'man would not let him leave'

webfact

British tourist vanishes in Thailand after telling parents a 'man would not let him leave'
By James Rothwell

Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, sent a disturbing message to his family before he disappeared

jj.jpg
Missing: Jordan Jacobs, 21, Wiltshire, who was last seen on Ko Phi Phi Don island, Thailand. Photo: Facebook

LONDON: -- A British man has gone missing in Thailand just days before he was due to come home for Christmas.

Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, sent a disturbing message to his family before he disappeared which said he was sorry he would never see them again.

He was last seen the previous day on one of the Phi Phi Islands after he accepted a free ride with a local man from mainland Thailand.

Worried about his welfare, Mr Jacobs' family urged him to get in touch and he did so a few hours later, telling his mother the Thai man would not allow him to leave.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12055094/British-tourist-vanishes-in-Thailand-after-telling-parents-a-man-would-not-let-him-leave.html

-- The Telegraph 2015-12-17

-----------------------------------

Hope for British backpacker missing on Phi Phi
Phuket Gazette

bp.jpeg
During the last conversation with his family, Mr Jacobs alleged that a man would not let him leave. His flight home from Bangkok is scheduled for today.

PHUKET: -- The family of a British backpacker reported missing five days ago from Phi Phi Don remain worried about his safety and whereabouts following a brief Facebook message he sent during a social media campaign launched to find him.

Jordan Lewis Jacobs, 21, has been on the road since September 2014, having postponed his return to the United Kingdom by several months – his scheduled flight home from Bangkok departs today.

On December 12, Mr Jacobs borrowed a fellow tourist's phone at PP Restaurant and called his family in the UK.

“My mum has just told me that when he called on Saturday, he said he went to a Buddhist temple and was really upset he wouldn’t see any of us again,” Mr Jacob’s sister, Emily Jacobs, told the Phuket Gazette last night.

According to Emily, some man had told her brother something like, ‘You need to study it. It’ll open your eyes’.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Hope-British-backpacker-missing-Phi-Phi/62638?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-17

LATEST

British backpacker Jordan Jacobs 'found on Thai beach'

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....-on-thai-beach/

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on Facebook ... originating from a conversation with his sister Emily....

During my conversation with Emily

Hi areeya. Yeah it's my brother. Been missing for 4 days. I've had contact yesterday and he said he was in trouble. Thank you for the number.
I'll pass this on to my mum
He's not safe.

He was in krabi at a hostel on Friday with a group of other backpackers he's been with for a while. They've told us he met a man at a laundrette who offered to take him to the phi phi islands for free on his boat. His friends stayed behind to wait for a message from him for accommodation.

The evening later my mum had a message on Facebook from him. She said it didn't make sense but basically he said he wasn't coming home as his past had caught up on him. She asked him to call. A few hours later he called off of another phone and was crying. He said he couldn't leave because the man wouldn't let him go. He said everyone around him was scared of this man. We tracked down the owner of the restaurant and the persons phone he borrowed at the restaurant that he made the call. They both said Jordan had no belongings or shoes and was running through the restaurant asking for help and a phone. This was the last we heard from Jordan for 2 days.
My mum then contacted police and posted messages on Facebook to try and get help.
He then posted a message on Facebook saying he was ok. But messaged my mum saying it's all to big and the police can't help. Don't call the police.
I managed to call him and he told me my family are not safe if he comes home. That he couldn't tell us why. He said he had left the island but wouldn't give anymore details.

The other backpackers haven't seen him since the hostel.

Our embassy said we can't do anything if we come to Thailand
No more then what the police are doing
We are trying to track down the owner of the laundrette. The tourist police are speaking to locals to the laundrette

My dad is heading to Thailand.
I've contacted British news stations but it's not helped yet.

Scam. Sorry to be controversial, but this has happened just as he is meant to come home. He'll be asking for money next...

There is a waiting airline ticket booked months ago

His point is, maybe he doesn't want to go home.

Could all you 'scam' theorists put some money on it? I'll be happy to lighten your wallet by any amount.

Or better still, set out your theory, point by point, as to how you've reached your brilliant deduction.

Simple; he's been travelling for over a year and doesn't want to come home. Maybe in that time he's got himself in some trouble too (if he is telling any truths in the exchange with his sister). Regardless, the dream holiday is over and he doesn't fancy the reality of "home".

This is just my opinion, nothing more. Chill.

I really hope he's safe and comes out of this OK.

Thaivisa expats - 'must be a scammer or on drugs'

Thais on CSI LA Facebook post - 'again and again this happens, when will police take a hardline with the mafia instead of arresting scapegoats, Thailand has changed and tourists would be better off going elsewhere'

Details sounds delirious

My family isn't safe if go back home

My past come back

Big trouble but cannot tell you

Don't call police

Big trouble but can do/receive phone calls

Uhmm

If really in trouble point your location on gmaps and ask for a police blitz

My guess the dude is well high with no willing to go back home. So messed up can't estimate the damage is doing to his family

Details sounds delirious

My family isn't safe if go back home

My past come back

Big trouble but cannot tell you

Don't call police

Big trouble but can do/receive phone calls

Uhmm

If really in trouble point your location on gmaps and ask for a police blitz

My guess the dude is well high with no willing to go back home. So messed up can't estimate the damage is doing to his family

This message to me sounds like the man who is controlling him ... just had the guy sign in and then type this message ... get people to stop looking for him.

Drugs sounds like to me and got tied up with a local drug dealing thug who could well be blackmailing him to not spill the beans or he will have others take care of him - or he 'claims' that he can get police to put this lowly underling in jail ... The whole plot gets lost in a haze of drugs...

A young guy who thought he was TOO KOOL to get messed up in a drug affair... I have seen it in the USA many times watching the younger set be cool... and stupid...

Edited by JDGRUEN