Thai consulate Laos.

16th December ---I was unable to go to the UK to get my non immigrant O visa, ( I year, for over 55 years bank statements 3 months of proof of income. )

So I went to Laos Thai consulate, as usual before the morning closure at 11-30 submitting my forms---my condo deeds--my house lease documents of Thai owner---my Thai driving licence got through immigration with my address printed on it----photo copies of passport and Laos visa + plus entry stamp.

2 windows open window 1 Thai lady officer said she can only give me tourist 60 days, if I want a non immigrant I have to show 800,000 in the bank bla bla.

I went back to a desk outside to question the officers decision who said go to window 1 and the man will deal with it. I returned to the queue and he said yes your deeds and guarantee of residence was fine for the 90 day visa (as I had this on many occasions) at 12 noon after over 2 hours it was put in order.

I spent my night there, returning at 1-30pm afternoon with my number to wait. at 3-20 pm the first lady officer appeared and said her boss stated exactly what she said-----60 days OR retirement visa option. so I then had to wait everyone had gone---I was alone at 4-30 when she came with the 60 day visa, and said after 59 days I should go to the immigration office at Udon and get another 30 day extension.

To finalise. the second officer male at window one is experienced he said sorry but the lady at window 2 is new, that is why she gave me the wrong info.

At the end of the day when the lady gave me the 60 day visa---she said the window 2 male officer is not the boss and the boss backed her.

WHAT a frigging situation for a long term dweller here who was doing the required thing, Non immigrant 90 day was always a choice in Laos consulate, if you were unable to go to UK.

A 12 month non immigrant, multiple entry "O" visa issued on the basis of retirement is only available in the UK to those in receipt of a State Pension.

Single entry "O" visas issued in Vientiane to those over the age of 50 normally require evidence of 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 65k Bht month to be provided..

A 12 month non immigrant, multiple entry "O" visa issued on the basis of retirement is only available in the UK to those in receipt of a State Pension.

Single entry "O" visas issued in Vientiane to those over the age of 50 normally require evidence of 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 65k Bht month to be provided..

Understand now, from experience of yesterday, last year I got the N.Im. o Visa from Thai Con-Laos for 3 months. with showing my address Deeds--Lease. Thai d.licence. and all the other photo copies needed.

LIVE and LEARN. Uniformity would be ideal, if you show in home country bank details for (3 months ) to get a 1 year visa---why the heck do the Thai consulate change things, why they not allow the 3 month one ---beats me.

Be in Laos 1st thing morning as the number given to you when submitting your documents is the order you receive the next day after 1-30 pm.

UNLIKE a short time ago at 1-30pm the next day a sudden rush in, secured a low number to get back to the border early.

I wonder if things will change next month ??? by the way just to add the form not so long ago I saved--ha ha I filled in added the 2 photos---ready to save time----the new format forms had replaced the old ones. so I had to start to fill in the new version .

Why do Thailand discourage long stayers, by making things difficult especially after living here 14 years, at a time when they are crying out for tourists.

My suggestion is for gods sake TAT and immigration department get your acts together and keep your best customers here rather than have them leave and find fresh pastures.