Experiences At The Post Office?

Below are the postage rates that I pulled off of the Thai Postal Website. I will be sending a book and would prefer the rate at the bottom for 115 Baht.

I ofcourse will be going myself to check this out but I was wondering what experiences some of you guys may have had. Are the employees generally pretty good about quoting the correct rates are do they generally just tell you whats most convenient to them??

Thanks Guys!

Calculating Shipping Cost

Postage Rates

Destination : United States Of America

weight : 500 gram

Service name Service Extension service (PRICE)

Int’l Parcel-Air 950

Int’l EMS-Package 860

Int’l EMS-Document 700

Int’l Parcel-SAL 700

Int’l Parcel-Surface 550

Int’l Letter-Air 460

Int’l Printed Paper-Air 306

Int’l Small Packet-Air 306

Int’l Printed Paper (Book)-Air 306

Int’l Printed Paper (Book)-SAL 228

Int’l Small Packet-SAL 228

Int’l Letter-SAL 228

Int’l Printed Paper-SAL 228

Int’l Letter-Surf 140

Int’l Printed Paper (Book)-Surf 115

Int’l Printed Paper-Surf 115

Int’l Small Packet-Surf 115

Never had a problem. If you need boxes or envelopes they sell them too.

Some post offices will pack parcels for you, some just hand over the boxes and string for you to do.

I'm impressed with the service. I used surface and registered mail and never had a parcel go astray.

Thanks! I was just overwelmed by all the options and envisioned the clerk being the same.

This is goes along with another one that I made concerning the private postal service's that you see around, they never offer anything but air or EMS service.

The private places around offer the full monty. You can definetly get the standard services from them, they just add a touch more for the convieience of not having to trot down to the post office.

Thanks! I was just overwelmed by all the options and envisioned the clerk being the same.

This is goes along with another one that I made concerning the private postal service's that you see around, they never offer anything but air or EMS service.

The private places around offer the full monty. You can definetly get the standard services from them, they just add a touch more for the convieience of not having to trot down to the post office.

If anyone is in Pattaya and can recommend a good private office, Please let me know, I would love the conveinence for a few extra Baht!!