Latest requirements for a single-entry tourist visa - Dec 18, 2015

I'd just like to be very sure before heading out to the consulate as I have a long way to travel.

Can someone please tell me what are the latest requirements for the single-entry tourist visa?

Also if anyone happens to have tried in Cebu then I'd really appreciate some advice about that particular office. If not then just the requirements alone would be a great help.

Thanks

• Like 1

There are "stated requirements"; then there are the "actual in practice requirements"; then there are the variations on "stated requirements" at each consulate - even varying within the same country; then there are the variations on the "actual in practice requirements" depending on the person you deal with at a particular consulate.

You mentioned Cebu, but I do not find any recent reports of anyone having success there. The last report I found indicated that their hours of operation are variable. If you try this, we would very much appreciate what you discover (I go to Cebu, occasionally).

In general, you can CYA (cover your a__) by having proof of funds, a ticket entering and leaving Thailand within the visa period (60 days), and a hotel booking covering at least the first few days in Thailand. Those are not necessary in all cases (both consulates in Laos, Penang, and some in other countries do not require them), but only the most difficult consulates (Kuala Lumpur) *might* deny a visa, even if you have those.

2 years ago while in Cebu I called the Thai consulate and was told NO and advised me to go to Manila The reasoning was they only help locals I did not go to the consulate just made a phone call I did not want to waist a whole day on my first trip to Cebu and get turned down. my one year Visa had expired while I was out of the country I did mange to board the plane after them questioning me and seeing other one year visas they let me board but I did buy a ticket on Air Asia just in case I was ask at the airport and I was NOT so no issues at all

Things change a lot and that was 2 years ago, but some places have never been friendly and stay that way and Cebu is one of those so as of 2 years ago Cebu was a no go for a Tourist Visa

one poster mentions KL, I had never had any issues their even while having back to back tourist visas in the past, it is hit and miss and sometimes it is just pure luck or even how you dress and act.

good luck

Edited by genobkk