Sony PSN taking 100 baht every time I use my card

barry553

I had a problem yesterday trying to buy a game from Playstation Network. I used a Thai bank card which I had used quite a few times before. I was asked to put in the 3 numbers at the back of the card to verify the card but after that I was told there was an error. I must have tried a few times because when I checked my bank account Sony had charged me 100 baht 5 times. So in total they had taken 500 baht. I was not able to download the game.

This is not the first time they have charged 100 baht. The last few times I have bought games, usually 2000 baht a time, they add this extra charge of 100 baht. They sometimes refund but the last few times they didn't. I scrutinized my bank statement to check for this.

I sent an email and then rang them up. What they said dumbfounded me. They said the 100 baht was for card verification. It's not Sony it is my own bank who has taken my money from my account.They will not refund it. I checked with the bank and they said tell Sony if they didn't take the money (which according to my statement they did) then who did?

I can't believe the way the customer service point blank refused to help until I asked to speak to someone senior. A really shoddy service.

I am disappointed with their ignorant customer service staff who brazenly tried to bullshit me.

I am going to chase them up even though it's not a lot of money.

I am also reluctant to use their services again. They just can't be trusted.

I had a problem yesterday trying to buy a game from Playstation Network. I used a Thai bank card which I had used quite a few times before. I was asked to put in the 3 numbers at the back of the card to verify the card but after that I was told there was an error. I must have tried a few times because when I checked my bank account Sony had charged me 100 baht 5 times. So in total they had taken 500 baht. I was not able to download the game.

This is not the first time they have charged 100 baht. The last few times I have bought games, usually 2000 baht a time, they add this extra charge of 100 baht. They sometimes refund but the last few times they didn't. I scrutinized my bank statement to check for this.

I sent an email and then rang them up. What they said dumbfounded me. They said the 100 baht was for card verification. It's not Sony it is my own bank who has taken my money from my account.They will not refund it. I checked with the bank and they said tell Sony if they didn't take the money (which according to my statement they did) then who did?

I can't believe the way the customer service point blank refused to help until I asked to speak to someone senior. A really shoddy service.

I am disappointed with their ignorant customer service staff who brazenly tried to bullshit me.

I am going to chase them up even though it's not a lot of money.

I am also reluctant to use their services again. They just can't be trusted.

Take a pic of your bank statement and send it to them and say what's this then

Then post the same post as above on ps4 fourm so more playstation user read it

And don't give up till u get a refund then ask for a free month on playstation live for your trouble

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have sent them an email and will chase them up. As to your other point, I like the convenience of buying digitally sometimes and they also have sales from time to time where the game is a lot cheaper than the disc. Also the prices for games here are generally static, not like the UK where it is a more competitive market. After this incident I will probably just buy the physical games.

I have sent them an email and will chase them up. As to your other point, I like the convenience of buying digitally sometimes and they also have sales from time to time where the game is a lot cheaper than the disc. Also the prices for games here are generally static, not like the UK where it is a more competitive market. After this incident I will probably just buy the physical games.

Yes you are right there but I only buy new games so no sales

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quite strange. Or I miss something. I have a PSN account (actually PSN+). I setup my Bangkok Bank credit card as method of payment the first time i setup the PSN account. When i am buying game, there is no extra cost, just the price announced. I only buy games through PSN. The last i bought last month were COD and Need for speed on PS4.

• 1 year later...

I just bought Titanfall 2 which on sale for 812 on the PS network. They deducted 100 baht extra for whatever reason. Last month i had pre ordered horizon zero dawn and they deducted 100 baht too but i thought it was ok because it was my first time purchase. I dont understand why the F+++ are they doing this to customers? i cant believe this issue is dating back to 2015. and they still have this

16832208_10154930946930871_8036196433776243727_n.jpg

Archived