Warranty From Dealer On 2nd Hand Cars

Firefan

Title says it all really. While I am aware that the standard here from a dealer is "bought as seen" I wonder whether any buyers have managed to negotiate say 1 month "warrenty"/free labour or whatever when buying from dealer. (leaving out high end used from authorized BMW/Benz dealers).

Cheers!

Title says it all really. While I am aware that the standard here from a dealer is "bought as seen" I wonder whether any buyers have managed to negotiate say 1 month "warrenty"/free labour or whatever when buying from dealer. (leaving out high end used from authorized BMW/Benz dealers).

Cheers!

That made me laugh...

would you offer a warranty to a thai knowing their driving behaviors? probably the reason why there is no such offer for 2nd hand cars.

i did however find a place that said they would guarantee their cars for 2 weeks or a month i can't quite remember, but they were selling cars in the 10-25million range... porches, ferarris, lambos, etc... it's on rachada if you're interested.

Theres a garage on the sukhumvit near north pattaya road that gives a 6 month written garantee on the engine of a secondhand car over 200.000 bht, woulden't like to put it to the test much myself tho ?

Cheers!

Hey FF,

How are you? With my car I got offered 6 months warranty on the engine, that seems to the standard with most tents!

Mosthly cardealers get theyr cars in consigment. So they get maybe 10'000 Baht comission if the car is sold. So how can they give a warranty when the car not belong to them?

I think they normally won't touch a car, unless they can make a profit of 40k-100k on it, so that's how they usually give an engine warranty for 6 months, as odds are the buyer can't possibly wreck it in that amount of time!