Yellow house book missing

Hi, I used visa 2 britain to get a renewed passport for my son in October,All done but now its 90 day sign in and my yellow book is missing. I have searched everywhere to no avail. The last time i used it was to get sons passport along with lots of other paperwork . I believe everything was returned bar the house book

but cant be sure so i have Emailed them to check. My question is if they havent got it how do i get a new one, I have copies of house book pages. Is it a relatively

easy task or not so easy anyone been there done that. Help appreciated. pete

why bother. Yellow house book serves no purpose whatsoever. I've been here the last 16 years on the retirement Visa and I can't think of ever having any use for. I wouldn't want it even if somebody gave it to me. It can be argued that it is a document confirming your place of residence. But there are many other ways of doing that. It's of no use opening bank accounts, driving licences, immigration or anything else.

why bother. Yellow house book serves no purpose whatsoever. I've been here the last 16 years on the retirement Visa and I can't think of ever having any use for. I wouldn't want it even if somebody gave it to me. It can be argued that it is a document confirming your place of residence. But there are many other ways of doing that. It's of no use opening bank accounts, driving licences, immigration or anything else.

It is very useful. Many of us are not pensioners and are in the process of getting Thai citizenship. A yellow book is needed. If you want Permanent Residency, it is required.

I've used mine over the years for a few things - renewing driver's license, getting into national Parks free etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again, my house book still missing so i made a police report , 10 mins and 20 bht later i went to the housing office 10 mins and 20bht later on my way home with new yellow book . Easy and cheap as chips No cheaper than chips cheers guys, peteinpatts....