Looking for reviews of uk versions of Thai tv models

narkeddiver

Hi,

Does anyone know how to find the equivalent uk model code for various Thai TVs?

For example one tv I'm looking at is the Panasonic TH-55CX600T but I can't find any reviews in English for it so I'm guessing it was released with a different model number in the uk

I'm also looking at various Sony, Toshiba, LG and Samsung sets

Cheers

Yes models sold here are often specific to both region and country and suspect the TH would indicate specific model for Thailand. Others may have it at the end of product. Expect you would have to compare specs (other than tuner and software) to come up with same model but for other country. As TV's are now changed very often and built by computers do not expect such reviews are of much value anyhow.

Its indeed very hard to exactly decipher the whole model number.

Does it have Firefox OS or not e.g.?

Search for

"Panasonic CX600 4K TV - Hands-on review"

and you find a review video with no too enthusiastic assessment.

In the video it is called a "low cost 4k" or so for about 1000 USD.

PowerBuy wants 50000 ! Baht (~ 1380 USD).

http://4k.com/tv/a-review-of-the-panasonic-50-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-60hz-cx600-series-tc-50cx600u/

08:35 16:02 7:27Updated Nov 2015: Looks like this TV is no longer available for sale, check out the Highly Rated Samsung JU7100 or the SUHD JS8500 Series.

which are probably not available in Thailand whistling.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

i recently bought that model

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850754-buying-a-new-tv/page-2

it's good - the models above are a big step up in price, and not really necessary yet - will happily see me through until Panasonic release a flat OLED screen in Thailand (or LG).

very nice screen - like all tv's have a read about the default settings which tend to give a crap oversaturated, over compensated setup to impress in the shop...

I used the thx tuneup app and an ipad, and it's more than good enough and big enough at 55".

i mention a sony 800 model in that link which is cheaper, and also gets goos reviews for its screen quality which is what matters. it is 'only' hd not the 4k, but as i mention 4k really only means better software and so on for now as 4k media is ome way off anyway - and a decent 1080p download is more than excellent already...

i use a Minix x8-h android box for all smart functions like Plex or Kodi - so that side of things, the tv's own smart functions are less important - the Panasonic does seem to find my NAS drive etc ok, but haven't bothered to really use that side of it.

got mine at emporium for around that 50,000 baht , a wedge of free gift vouchers, a free wall mount rack (seems quite a decent one , will use for another tv later on), and obviously ( in Thailand) free delivery, unpack and bolt up to the stand i have at home. ( Comparing prices to the uk or even more absurd to the US, makes as much sense as whingeing about car prices compared to the US - yes, taxes will up the price a bit but delivery and service makes up some of the difference, and the price is what it is.)

Just be mindful that the additional "T" or "TH" found on units here can sometimes mean entirely different firmware with a lot of the PQ controls *gone*.

I was very disappointed about that when I bought my Panasonic 65" VT series a few years ago. Luckily, it makes very accurate colors out of the box.

As for 4K UHD vs 1080P - you'd have to be mad to save the few Baht on an outdated 1080P panel now, IMHO :P LCD PQ tech has come leaps and bounds in the past 2 years, and all that new tech is only available on 4K models - it doesn't matter what 1080P panel you look at, it has worse PQ - independent of pixel count.

At the moment I am looking at 3 (4) TV sets

Panasonic TH-55CX600T / TH-50CX600T - 45,990 / 36,990

LG 55UF770T-SMART - 35,990

Samsung UA55JU6000KXXT - 39,990

The Panasonic seems to price itself out of the game unless the pq is 10,000 THB better than the LG

The Samsung is 3D, which I don't really need so I'm hoping there is an equivalent non-3D version for a few thousand baht cheaper

Any thoughts / experiences with these?

Edited by narkeddiver

The Panasonic seems to price itself out of the game unless the pq is 10,000 THB better than the LG

The Samsung is 3D, which I don't really need so I'm hoping there is an equivalent non-3D version for a few thousand baht cheaper

The LG 55UF670T is the same as the 770T minus 3D, and can be had for just 26,990 Baht: http://www.cdiscount.co.th/electronics-cameras/tv-video/lg-uhd-web-os-2-0-tv-55-niw-run-55uf680t/f-25000001-ha1751sd25727cdt.html

http://www.lg.com/th/tv/lg-55UF670T

The LG 55UF670T is the same as the 770T minus 3D, and can be had for just 26,990 Baht: http://www.cdiscount.co.th/electronics-cameras/tv-video/lg-uhd-web-os-2-0-tv-55-niw-run-55uf680t/f-25000001-ha1751sd25727cdt.html

http://www.lg.com/th/tv/lg-55UF670T

That's the model I ended up with - a little more expensive - 28k but 10 month interest free that also got me and the Mrs a few other items at 10 months interest free

I'm currently watching Luther upscaled from 1080p to 4K - awesome :)