Felangs publicly disrespecting the Thai National anthem

luke000

Bit of a strange song to stand for, given the lyrics.

Of course the OP can't understand Thai and doesn't know the lyrics.

Maybe one day someone will translate the words into English......................

The Thai national anthem has been (accurately) translated to English.whistling.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand for it in public.

When drunk I sing it works as a good ice breaker.

There is a saying as many will know,when in Rome do as the Romans do.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/when_in_Rome,_do_as_the_Romans_do

I do everything I can to reduce the risk of conflict between myself and the local population and showing respect in this way is one of those.

What other expats male or female choose to do is their business and not mine but the sooner you learn to accept some minimal hassle free aspects of living here you will be left in peace.

Why go out of your way to make yourself a potential target when something like this takes a minute to participate in.

It's funny how people will post on here that they don't participate or have little respect for the national anthem because they they can't own land etc.

Yet they dare not say boo to a goose regarding certain other aspects of living in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Double standards indeed.

If you had actually ever been to Rome, then you would have already known the difference. I definitely agree, about the "showing respect" for Thai culture & traditions. However, I totally disagree about laying my personal (head-trip) values off on other people, unless they pose a Public Health or Safety threat, by their actions. Some of you blokes really do need to "get-a-life", for a change.

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Not her country, not her anthem.

Why should she stand up?

Because She appeared to be obnoxious and arrogant .

If She genuinely has no respect for Thailand, one must question why She bothers coming here

Playing the "Mr. Pinocchio" role was definitely not a smart choice. If the Thai people @ the scene did not take issue with it, then why didn't you follow that lead, instead, by minding your own business?coffee1.gif

Apparently, you've been surviving in life, totally by the Grace of God, especially since the wisdom of "street-smarts" (obviously) has yet to prevail, even @ this late stage of your own life! Grow up, bloke. Happy New Year wai.gif

Please read my post numbered # 79 as you quite clearly havent already, Thanks

I was speaking to her as one adult to another , not a pair of street kids dissing each other about reds and blues and post code wars ,

We are two grown ups ,not two street kids encroaching on each others territory ,adults

Bit of a strange song to stand for, given the lyrics.

Of course the OP can't understand Thai and doesn't know the lyrics.

Maybe one day someone will translate the words into English......................

The Thai national anthem has been (accurately) translated to English.whistling.gif

Yes I know, that was my point, I was being sarcastic

I stand for it in public.

When drunk I sing it works as a good ice breaker.

There is a saying as many will know,when in Rome do as the Romans do.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/when_in_Rome,_do_as_the_Romans_do

I do everything I can to reduce the risk of conflict between myself and the local population and showing respect in this way is one of those.

What other expats male or female choose to do is their business and not mine but the sooner you learn to accept some minimal hassle free aspects of living here you will be left in peace.

Why go out of your way to make yourself a potential target when something like this takes a minute to participate in.

It's funny how people will post on here that they don't participate or have little respect for the national anthem because they they can't own land etc.

Yet they dare not say boo to a goose regarding certain other aspects of living in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Double standards indeed.

If you had actually ever been to Rome, then you would have already know the difference.

It is a saying and it maters not whether youve been to Rome or not .

It means, when you are in a different place, act in a way the locals do

Will not stand to respect a

monarchy however have no issues standing to a 'national song' Like the French have.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Thai National anthem is about the Country, there is a different song for the Monarchy .

So, you should have no issues about standing for the Thai NA

If that's the case than I've no issues But The one i m thinking of is the one on b 4 every film that was originally accompanied by a film showing the king walking through a village and small boat with everyone at his feet.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You and I are opposites then because I am glad to stand up and show my respect for a great man who has advanced the quality of life for the Thai people tremendously over his lifetime.

Shame on you.

If his brother was still alive, and you knew the facts, you might change your opinion.

You're insulting the King of Thailand on a public forum???!!!

Wow.

Not her country, not her anthem.

Why should she stand up?

If She genuinely has no respect for Thailand, one must question why She bothers coming here

Playing the "Mr. Pinocchio" role was definitely not a smart choice. If the Thai people @ the scene did not take issue with it, then why didn't you follow that lead, instead, by minding your own business?coffee1.gif

Apparently, you've been surviving in life, totally by the Grace of God, especially since the wisdom of "street-smarts" (obviously) has yet to prevail, even @ this late stage of your own life! Grow up, bloke. Happy New Year wai.gif

I was speaking to her as one adult to another , not a pair of street kids dissing each other about reds and blues and post code wars ,

We are two grown ups ,not two street kids encroaching on each others territory ,adults

Again, wise adult people understand the universal value of "minding their own business". Obviously, you don't! Happy New Year & Cheerscoffee1.gif

I will always stand up for the anthem here because that's the deal here.

If the lady didn't want to stand up that's none of the op's business.

And what I do, is none of your business, either .

Next time make the same gesture to a Russian mafioso instead of some lady and see what happens you important man.

Again, wise adult people understand the universal value of "minding their own business". Obviously, you don't! Happy New Year & Cheerscoffee1.gif

I do like to help and assist people where necessary .

I was in the Cub Scouts when I was younger, made it to sixer

Next time make the same gesture to a Russian mafioso instead of some lady and see what happens you important man.

I do not discriminate on whom I assist, if a Russian guy needs assistance, I would assist him

Atleast one difference being I could care a less if a Russian mafioso gets himself in a jam but if I see someone from my neck of the woods possibly getting in a jam for not knowing better than I lend a hand.

Ofcourse, I have sure met guys like you folks above who care about nothing and no one except themselves. Alot more Americans that way than Aussies or Canadians.

Atleast one difference being I could care a less if a Russian mafioso gets himself in a jam but if I see someone from my neck of the woods possibly getting in a jam for not knowing better than I lend a hand.

Ofcourse, I have sure met guys like you folks above who care about nothing and no one except themselves. Alot more Americans that way than Aussies or Canadians.

I am Serbian.

The irony of you telling this man "his" business seems to deflate your position.

Edited by ClutchClark

Here is a video of Chiang mai walking street, just outside the Temple , just as the Thai NA begins to be played .

Any Foreigner who ignores it and continues with their shopping, is acting disgracefully IMO

In your opinion.

Are you Thai ?

No, you are a knob.

I don't mind respecting their culture.

I do find it funny when farangs LOVE it and feel more Thai when they become an instant sheep.

If USA made you stand before a movie to listen to Barack Obama, would you then like it??

If it was the Superbowl final and just before the game when the Stars and stripes is being played, if a Japanese player sat down on the pitch during the anthem, would you fully support his actions?.

Yes, maybe I shouldnt try to help people and gesture to them to stand up, maybe I should just stand there and shout out to them "Oi mate, you are a knob" :)

Well, you are a knob.

You are not Thai, you obviously have not read the history books (elder brother), enjoy your 2 week holiday.

Yes, maybe I shouldnt try to help people and gesture to them to stand up, maybe I should just stand there and shout out to them "Oi mate, you are a knob" smile.png

Well, you are a knob.

You are not Thai, you obviously have not read the history books (elder brother), enjoy your 2 week holiday.

Merry Xmas, y'all, and be happy cheesy.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen