where is three-ply toilet paper?

winterbalm

Proper toilet paper is unavailable or unpopular because it is not needed. Thai people do not like to walk around with feacal matter smeared about their anuses like Farangs often do. Thus the ubiquitous bidet hoses colloquially known as "bum guns". Toilet paper is only for drying. An alternative is to purchase baby wipes which are available at every supermarket, chemists, and mini-mart.

I have learnt "the fold" as i also miss decent toilet paper.

Pull off 5 sheets. fold into a V to the top overlaps by about an inch. Bring the bottom of the V up to the top - decent ply and no unintentional finger penetration :)

Thaivisa - the repository of useful ex-pat information.......

Proper toilet paper is unavailable or unpopular because it is not needed. Thai people do not like to walk around with feacal matter smeared about their anuses like Farangs often do. Thus the ubiquitous bidet hoses colloquially known as "bum guns". Toilet paper is only for drying. An alternative is to purchase baby wipes which are available at every supermarket, chemists, and mini-mart.

those hoses are not very user friendly

water pressure can be a little bit too high

although cleaning oneself with water is more hygienic than with toilet paper

but even better is the combination of the two

2 Questions; 1 are you serious? and 2 how long have you been here and have you not tried the Hand Bidet Sprayer that almost every bathroom has? Toilet Paper(especially here in Thailand) is obsolete and honestly just plain nasty. Would you wipe your hands after touching poop and consider them clean? Time to leave the Dark Ages behind(pun intended) and move up to washing with water. See www.bathroomsprayers.com. DSCN9921.jpg

2 Questions; 1 are you serious? and 2 how long have you been here and have you not tried the Hand Bidet Sprayer that almost every bathroom has? Toilet Paper(especially here in Thailand) is obsolete and honestly just plain nasty. Would you wipe your hands after touching poop and consider them clean?

1. indeed I am

2. I only visit for holidays

other people may consider nasty washing your dirty bottom with your bare hands

I have been using the sprayers I just don't find them very comfortable to use and still I miss a decent toilet paper

Edited by winterbalm

Get with the program or get used to dags and dingleberries. Thai bog roll is rubbish.

My prize possesion is the TOTO washlet fitted in my condo, by the way. (Not the NEOREST, I'm not spending $3000 on a toilet bowl!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Questions; 1 are you serious? and 2 how long have you been here and have you not tried the Hand Bidet Sprayer that almost every bathroom has? Toilet Paper(especially here in Thailand) is obsolete and honestly just plain nasty. Would you wipe your hands after touching poop and consider them clean? Time to leave the Dark Ages behind(pun intended) and move up to washing with water.

There is no way I'm walking around (and eating) with stinky hands. Give me toilet paper over a bum gun any day of the week. Especially since a lot of Thai toilets don't even have running water to speak of. Tough to use a bum gun with no running water. Or soap to wash my stinky fingers. Just a basin with a pan that's used to flush the mess down the "no moving parts" basin.

95% of my sit-downs are followed by a shower, (handy time, and in the BKK heat, I usually need a shower anyway). I freely admit that I try to hold it until I'm on home court to facilitate the shower.

In my eyes, bum guns are simply a concession to the fact that paper costs money- and bum guns are harder to steal than a roll of TP. Nothing new or zoomy about them...

Sometimes, all to often I'm afraid, reason and common sense are no where to be found. Washing with a Hand Bidet Sprayer(Bum Gun) means you will have stinky hands but wiping with dry toilet paper means they will be clean,,,,yeah right. People are just attached to their toilet paper, much like their toilet paper is attached(cling-ons) to them.

Just answer the OP (makes a change) try Tesco or Big C. Both have Cellox 3 ply ultra soft, both smelly and non-smelly (perfumed) at around 240 for 24 rolls. Don't mix it up with the stuff that is extra long rolls (has a picture of 1 roll = 2 or 3 rolls).

Just answer the OP (makes a change) try Tesco or Big C. Both have Cellox 3 ply ultra soft, both smelly and non-smelly (perfumed) at around 240 for 24 rolls. Don't mix it up with the stuff that is extra long rolls (has a picture of 1 roll = 2 or 3 rolls).

thanks for the tip!

although I would prefer 4 roll packaging

2 Questions; 1 are you serious? and 2 how long have you been here and have you not tried the Hand Bidet Sprayer that almost every bathroom has? Toilet Paper(especially here in Thailand) is obsolete and honestly just plain nasty. Would you wipe your hands after touching poop and consider them clean? Time to leave the Dark Ages behind(pun intended) and move up to washing with water.

There is no way I'm walking around (and eating) with stinky hands. Give me toilet paper over a bum gun any day of the week. Especially since a lot of Thai toilets don't even have running water to speak of. Tough to use a bum gun with no running water. Or soap to wash my stinky fingers. Just a basin with a pan that's used to flush the mess down the "no moving parts" basin.

95% of my sit-downs are followed by a shower, (handy time, and in the BKK heat, I usually need a shower anyway). I freely admit that I try to hold it until I'm on home court to facilitate the shower.

In my eyes, bum guns are simply a concession to the fact that paper costs money- and bum guns are harder to steal than a roll of TP. Nothing new or zoomy about them...

Some people really ought to cover their ar5es when they speak.

God knows what backwater area you live in but almost every condo, house, restaurant, coffee shop, cinema or pub in which I've set foot in Thailand, there's been a flush toilet with a bum gun and toilet paper.

Bum gun for cleaning, toilet paper for drying so you don't walk out with a water patch on your ar5e

People suggesting that using a bum gun leaves you with stinky fingers obviously don't know how to use them.

You're not supposed to jam the damn thing up your ar5e - you're supposed to spray from a small distance.

Edited by Cypress Hill

Some people really ought to cover their ar5es when they speak.

God knows what backwater area you live in but almost every condo, house, restaurant, coffee shop, cinema or pub in which I've set foot in Thailand, there's been a flush toilet with a bum gun and toilet paper.

Bum gun for cleaning, toilet paper for drying so you don't walk out with a water patch on your ar5e

People suggesting that using a bum gun leaves you with stinky fingers obviously don't know how to use them.

You're not supposed to jam the damn thing up your ar5e - you're supposed to spray from a small distance.

You are spot on...for regular use but if you happen to get the runs from some dodgy Thai food "jamming it" up your ass and getting cleaned inside and out can be a great relief! Stinky fingers though...never, hand washing is always requisite for me. Viva la spray....

Ha Ha

if some can"t use bum gun and lived not cleaned. HOW you cam touch bum gun and still be NOT stinky finger?

Bum gun in publick toulet its realy unhygienic.

Eat a lot of protein, meat and such, almost no carbs and and little vegetable. Kind of a paleo diet. Then you will be going only a couple of times a week at best. You might be screaming a bit through the process but there will be almost nothing to clean after. Just use a long straw to blow a few dry particles away and you'll be clean as a whistle.

Edited by The Dancer