Dog Spaying.

Stoker58

There's a reasonably prices and fairly decent Dog Hospital just off Soi Khao Noi. We took our 2 there to be desexed and they also have accommodation if you're going away although we didn't like the cages they put them in nad weren't convinced of the treatment they get when boarding. Medical services are reasonably priced and very good. There's a map for them on Facebook.

Boonsamphan Animal Hospital
Address
Soi Khao Noi, Pattaya, Bang Lamung, East Pattaya, Chonburi, 20260
Phone
038 376 715

There are many veterinarian in Pattaya. You will not believe that there are 80 animal clinics.

Depend on your location and your dog.

If you have a small breed dog should go to the expert.

I recommend Naklua veterinary on Naklua road, opposite Bangkok Bank naklua. Tel. 038225640. english speaking.

There are many veterinarian in Pattaya. You will not believe that there are 80 animal clinics.

Depend on your location and your dog.

If you have a small breed dog should go to the expert.

I recommend Naklua veterinary on Naklua road, opposite Bangkok Bank naklua. Tel. 038225640. english speaking.

Yes good vet 1500 baht,Govt vet by fire station 3rd rd 500 baht

In my area of Issan I had a female spayed at the local vets which was successful. The problem is she still goes into heat so I have all the associated problems with male dogs going crazy and trying to get to her and into my compound. She may not get pregnant but I wanted to eliminate these other "associated" problems. When you get your bitch neutered please make sure they do the proper procedure not just the Thai way.

In my area of Issan I had a female spayed at the local vets which was successful. The problem is she still goes into heat so I have all the associated problems with male dogs going crazy and trying to get to her and into my compound. She may not get pregnant but I wanted to eliminate these other "associated" problems. When you get your bitch neutered please make sure they do the proper procedure not just the Thai way.

Good point. Any ideas how to check? No point asking a Thai because they will always say everything is 200% perfect. Farang ask too many questions.

Good point. Any ideas how to check? No point asking a Thai because they will always say everything is 200% perfect. Farang ask too many questions.

I was out of the country when it was done but from other posts it seems they removed the uterus but left in the ovaries. My understanding is this allows her to go into heat but not get pregnant. A complete waste in my opinion.

I was out of the country when it was done but from other posts it seems they removed the uterus but left in the ovaries. My understanding is this allows her to go into heat but not get pregnant. A complete waste in my opinion.

Isn't it the other way around ? Tieing off the ovaries > still in heat , removing uterus & ovaries (hysterectomy) > all clear.

Only advice i can offer is make sure, probably best by recomendation , they do a good job. Had my cat done and.regular as clockwork the boys would come sniffing !!! .<deleted> !!

Turns out its a regular thing that a little bit is left behind of what i'm notsure but apparently it produces a smell and bingo the boys are there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ain't down to the cost I wouldn't have wanted to put her through having an 2nd op. Again thinking of my own limited experience with.ops wouldn't have been a nice experience . Besides she's dead now

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BuaBS - I think I got it correct from my research, if you leave one, both or a partial ovary in they can come into heat even if the uterus is removed. To the OP insist the vet do a canine version of a full hysterectomy not a partial where the ovaries are left in. I will end up having to have the my dogs ovaries removed to prevent the heat cycle and the associated problems. I never would have imagined a vet would only do the uterus so it is better to specify. Now I have to pay for 2 procedures and I don't like putting her thru the additional discomfort and trauma.

Edited by gerry1953