Another Penang Update

Two friends of mine went there tuesday (holiday in Malaysia). They all went for Non B. They refused quite a few, but not them. All single entries. No work around it. There were about 120 people wednesday at the consulate, whereas on a normal day it would be around 20.

Women crying, screaming, etc. Quite a scene, apparently, when passports were handed back.

Sad situation. I do not know about you, but I am loosing sleep over it. I have no 400k in the ###### bank and both it or the 40k must be in the bank 3 months prior to applying for an extended O.

The thought of spending close to 40k on airfare to Blighty and 1 week hotel, the costs for me are simply extraordinary.

SNIPER - consider a trip to KhunMing (check spelling - China) - its not packed out every week with 30 days runners is a lot more "user friendly".

Tim

Singapore is also an option - cheap flights on Air Asia from BKK and friendly/helpful embassy staff.

I just returned from there and got my one year non-immigrant O (multi-entry).

Singapore is also an option - cheap flights on Air Asia from BKK and friendly/helpful embassy staff.

From all reports, Singapore is a good option for a non-'O' visa with the proper paperwork, but it has never been a good option for back-to-back tourist visas unless something has changed recently.

From all reports, Singapore is a good option for a non-'O' visa with the proper paperwork, but it has never been a good option for back-to-back tourist visas unless something has changed recently.

From most of my friends experiences with the Singapore consulate and non-b's has not been so good.

I agree sniperteam6, it's a big lump of cash to pod out that could be well spent here in Thailand, why are they shooting themselves in the foot on this one. I'm sure there would be far easier ways to keep track of people staying in Thailand than this.

OliG