Pheu Thai attacks Prayut govt

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late to edit.

I have to admit I was over the top.

What I wanted to say is: Better this government than Thaksin or one of his puppet governments.

Many governments imaginable that are worse than the present one, much worse.

No, this one is the worst.No doubt worse governments can be imagined though the point of this is hard to understand.But in the more prosaic sense of comparing governments that actually existed, the current one (illegal, incompetent, corrupt, unelected, repressive, ludicrous, arrogant and hateful) is the worst.Worse even that of the appalling Suchinda because while his was brutal, it was mercifully brief.

The previous government had a cabinet of carefully hand-picked Thaksin cronies and tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill to cover their own two years in office. That's not something one would normally associate with democratically elected government for and by the people.

As such your description of the current government only has the normal meaningless descriptives those who have no sound reasons like to throw about. At least Pheu Thai tried to give reasoning with their accusations.

What a joke.This genius criticises a legal elected government - properly endorsed by the Thai people - for its "hand picked cronies".Yes, this completely uncritical Junta lover is complaining of "hand picked cronies" in a previous elected government.One assumes any sense of the meaning of irony flies over his head.

Thank you very much for your kind words, truly appreciated in the sense it's offered.

BTW we know the current government is not democratic, so why go into all the aspects where it isn't and be surprised? It much more surprising that a 'truly' democratic, democratically elected government isn't democratic.

No, this one is the worst.No doubt worse governments can be imagined though the point of this is hard to understand.But in the more prosaic sense of comparing governments that actually existed, the current one (illegal, incompetent, corrupt, unelected, repressive, ludicrous, arrogant and hateful) is the worst.Worse even that of the appalling Suchinda because while his was brutal, it was mercifully brief.

The previous government had a cabinet of carefully hand-picked Thaksin cronies and tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill to cover their own two years in office. That's not something one would normally associate with democratically elected government for and by the people.

As such your description of the current government only has the normal meaningless descriptives those who have no sound reasons like to throw about. At least Pheu Thai tried to give reasoning with their accusations.

What a joke.This genius criticises a legal elected government - properly endorsed by the Thai people - for its "hand picked cronies".Yes, this completely uncritical Junta lover is complaining of "hand picked cronies" in a previous elected government.One assumes any sense of the meaning of irony flies over his head.

And whether you like it or not, the current government was endorsed by the one authority that can endorse a government in Thailand.

Any political parties run by ethnic Chinese will use nepotism and cronyism as a means of securing power, covering up their unsavory activities and as a means of control.

My Chinese friends laugh at how we patronizing and arrogant Westerners try to apply our political constructs as a means of analysis.

Thaksin shuffled the "Yingluck" cabinet to suit himself and his mates; there was one occasion where she didn't know it was about to happen and told the press it wasn't going to happen. Must have missed that Skype call - or forgot!

The Shins moved their own people in - and one of those moves, made illegally, cost Yingluck her PM role. Thaksin, as a convicted criminal fugitive, wasn't elected but as the PTP owner and paymaster still governed. How very democratic that is.

Surprise surprise, the new Junta government cleared out a lot of the Shin cronies and brought their own in. And, when, if, there is an election, the next government will do the same.

And still some posters try and see this as left and right wing Western politics rather than feudal minded Chinese ethnic clans vying for control.

Surprise surprise, the new Junta government cleared out a lot of the Shin cronies and brought their own in. And, when, if, there is an election, the next government will do the same.

Are you aware of who is the current economy minister?

Can you explain me how you can criticize Thaksin amnesty bill but endorse the one proposed by the Junta for their past, present and futur actions they may have. Are you telling me you endorse their, well basically, licence to kill?

Are you telling me that the current heavy use of the Lese majesty, which was never used so much in the past, by the current "governmen", is a ncessary evil, even for a dog?

You re delusional, and should have a better look at the Thai news from international newspapers, yeah the "western ones, which can write about the current situation without any fear to be "adjusted" ?

And whether you like it or not, the current government was endorsed by the one authority that can endorse a government in Thailand.

Any political parties run by ethnic Chinese will use nepotism and cronyism as a means of securing power, covering up their unsavory activities and as a means of control.

My Chinese friends laugh at how we patronizing and arrogant Westerners try to apply our political constructs as a means of analysis.

Thaksin shuffled the "Yingluck" cabinet to suit himself and his mates; there was one occasion where she didn't know it was about to happen and told the press it wasn't going to happen. Must have missed that Skype call - or forgot!

The Shins moved their own people in - and one of those moves, made illegally, cost Yingluck her PM role. Thaksin, as a convicted criminal fugitive, wasn't elected but as the PTP owner and paymaster still governed. How very democratic that is.

And still some posters try and see this as left and right wing Western politics rather than feudal minded Chinese ethnic clans vying for control.

Are you aware of who is the current economy minister?

Can you explain me how you can criticize Thaksin amnesty bill but endorse the one proposed by the Junta for their past, present and futur actions they may have. Are you telling me you endorse their, well basically, licence to kill?

Are you telling me that the current heavy use of the Lese majesty, which was never used so much in the past, by the current "governmen", is a ncessary evil, even for a dog?

You re delusional, and should have a better look at the Thai news from international newspapers, yeah the "western ones, which can write about the current situation without any fear to be "adjusted" ?

What should IMO be 'adjusted' is the 'polarization' of any, every, discussion or exchange of opinions! How can any progress be made as long as the matter remains, single and only, what 'the others' did wrong, didn't do or not well enough, and, alas, never ever, about what could be done, what should be done, in a positive sense, turned to the future...

Did the TRT/PPP/PTP/Reds/UDD do everything wrong, nothing even a bit good? NO! Did the Dems/Yellows/PDRC do everything wrong, nothing even a bit good? NO! Did and does the military/junta/military government do everything wrong, nothing even a bit good? NO!

When the focus would be set on what could/should be done, or done better, and clearly(!) listed by each and all participants in the debate, those elements could be compared, in an unbiased way, attempting to associate, add-up, common points and similarities in the first place, NOT what opposes, creating a forward motion, at last!