Chiang Mai Highway Police Prepare Three Helpful Projects for New Year

webfact

Highway Police Prepare Three Helpful Projects for New Year
by CityNews

highway-police-1024x683.jpg

CityNews – Chiang Mai Highway Police have begun three projects to ensure safety of drivers, residents and tourists, including giving away free items to help drivers stay fresh, and encouraging cycling around the city.

The projects were implemented by Police Major General Somchai Kaosamran, commander of the Highway Police. The three projects are the “Highway Police Camping,” the “Cycle Safely with Highway Police Campaign,” and “Don’t Drive While Sleepy.”

The Don’t Drive While Sleep campaign will see free branded consumables and other refreshing items given away at motorway services in Nakhorn Ratchasima, Kamphaeng Phet and Chiang Mai.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/highway-police-prepare-three-helpful-projects-for-new-year/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2015-12-23

Could they do something about the number of drivers who consider 1m from the car in front to be a suitable distance?

Today, I was driving into Chiang Mai along the Highway 11. My wife commented on the number of sppray painted outlines of accidents on the road. I pointed out how close all the cars were driving together. Pointed out how the car behind was keeping its distance from me, and I was keeping my distance from the car in front. All of a sudden, breaklights everywhere ahead, a truck had somehow managed to land in the central reservation. I slowed quickly, the car behind me was able to slow safely, but the three cars in front, all bumper to bumper before, had ended up all crumpled up together. Keep your distance, message driven home.

Only not to the DTAC pick up driver who saw the same accident as me, who then proceded to follow me within a few metres for the rest of the journey up highway 11, when I was at 100kmph in heavy traffic passing much slower cars. Why don't people learn?

If you read what I wrote, I was on highway 11, supposedly a motorway, though the speed limit could be 90 and could be 120kph. I've driven through the speed trap under the bridge at the Don Chan intersection at 100kph numerous times and never received a ticket.

If you read what I wrote, I was on highway 11, supposedly a motorway, though the speed limit could be 90 and could be 120kph. I've driven through the speed trap under the bridge at the Don Chan intersection at 100kph numerous times and never received a ticket.

Ignore him. Some folk like to pick a fight with their own shadow wink.png

aside from that, the police are useless, ignore them too whistling.gif

Why don't people learn the speed limit...100kph?

Could be wrong, often am, but I thought it was 80 around town and 90 on the open road except for the motorways then up to 120.

Speed limits are a bit of a mystery around the outskirts of the city, eg approaching the underpass at Big C Mae Hia large 65 kmh signs are painted on the road, whcih will of course disapear in time, but they are totally ignored and 100 kmh + seems the norm.

My wife at 53 has just got her first driving livence and I am trying to educate her how to stay alive on these roads with the idiots that use them,called defensive driving,She has no desire to speed and asked me yesterday why are there never any police catching these clowns or how much permanent speed cameras are needed on that stretch.

Hang Dong Rd because its straight and not so many traffic lights,crossing it by foot to catch a songteaw into the city is an absolute accident waiting to happen and does.

How about installing more traffic lights with camera;s.

Specially at the area's around the schools.

The rural road from pa-dead going in to town is a disaster every day in the morning and late afternoon.

If there is no police that time its total chaos.

Selfish people blocking the road so no one can make a turn and therefore blocking the rest of the traffic.

Traffic lights with camera;s would save 3 policeman every day.

Sorry still sleeping while driving, must have been dreaming.