“halloween” Party In Thailand

BKK90210

Yeah, most of the expat bars (and probably alot of the Thai catered ones too) will have some Halloween party.

No trick or treating tho to the best of my knowledge.

Last year I went to the Witches Tavern (very apt name) on Thong Lor, which was very good. Might be going back again this year.

If your into the backpacker scene, Ko San road is always buzzing on Halloween.

I've got a funny story about this.

Years ago when I first arrived in Thailand we decided to have a Halloween party for all our staff - an introduction for our Thai staff to something Farang.

After some thought I decided to go as 'Farang-kinstein' (well I thought it was a good idea).

I set about designing a costume and came up with a huge green Guava Pear (Farang), constructed of Chicken wire and Pappier Mache.

Painting myself green, fake stitches across my forehead and bolted collar to my neck I made tracks to my car.

Then it dawned on me - I can't drive in this outfit..... I'll take the Bht Bus.

So I set off and stood at the side of the Narlkua Road, for what appeared to be ages. Bht Bus after Bht Bus passed without stopping, some slowed and then sped off.

Eventually a Bht Bus did stop, I walked around the back to climb in only to find it full of Girls heading to work in the bars (We might assume they were mostly up country Isaan girls).

I struggled into the Bhat Bus, sort of crouching near the rear at the step (I couldn't sit down because of the outfit).

It was then I noticed the look on the face of my fellow passengers - all where terrified, clutching each other and trembling.

Being in a party mood, and as way of a greeting, I let out a suitably Farang-kinstein groan.

That did it.

They went into full panic mode, screaming, crying, and when the driver pulled over to see what the din was, they fled screaming up the road, leaving behind a trail of discarded flip flops.

Edit (My spelling is fright)

Edited by GuestHouse

GUESTHOUSE ; Thanks for sharing the story…….Loveee to see that vintage clips! :o:D:D

OH I also design my own outfit every year – hate buying those ready-made cheap rubber/polyester chinese imports.

Last year I was…..The Blood-Covered Vampire. But this year I have several choices …….

The Ghost Bride - nice to be a girl for a change

Pretty Maid – either have to shave my legs or wear very thick stockings

Pumpkin Bells - but this might make me look fatter and for sure I wouldn’t be able to get/fit in a car,

or The Ghost Who Didn't Want to be a Ghost - this one will be a bit harder to comeup with the design concept (as = to no clue yet), and I have only 2 weeks left!

Edited by BKK90210

I've got a funny story about this.

Would like to have seen that. :o

I remember some time ago my wife came home and gave me a bouquet of flowers. I asked what they were for and she said Haloween. Had to explain to her the meaning and that it involved ghosts, at which point she wasn't interested any more. :D

MY god (ok not the appropriate term when discussing halloween)

Us Irish really do infulence the world!!!!

Our ancient pagan roots and festival have now reached Thailand!!! Where next?? Maybe il start a paddys day parade when i get rich and live there. i hear they have one in japan now :o