Just Checking ..

Having read a few posts recently about people making mistakes with the date requirements,

I was prompted to make this post to check if I have also made a blunder.

I booked my outbound flight for 26th January without giving it a second thought.

Would my 90 day report be due on 26th January or on the 27th January?

Should I have booked an earlier date to leave?

I intend to get a re-entry permit at the airport before I leave.

I'm worried that by leaving on the last day of permission to stay, upon my return I might only get a 30 day stamp

and therefore have to start all over again applying for a retirement visa.

The following images are from my passport.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

post-18347-0-99966100-1450914232_thumb.j

post-18347-0-51280000-1450914253_thumb.j

A 90 day report date is not a permit to stay date. You can leave without doing a report. It appears you applied for you extension on October 30th. Your report would be due 90 days from that date which is the 27th of January. If the report date had been the 26th you still would not of needed to do a report since that would of been your 90th day.

Your permit to stay date is the 26th of January 2017.

Why are going to get another re-entry permit at the airport. You already have a multiple re-entry permit valid until the 26th of January 2017.

I went to Immigration yesterday and asked for a certificate of residence.

The lady officer checked my passport and became agitated and went away discussed it with collegues at length. I started to get worried. Then a male officer spoke to me and asked again what I wanted and I said I need a certificate of residence so I can apply for a drivers licence. Apparently the lady thought I was applying for permanent residence! Anyway the guy doing residence certificates told me I first need to do a 90 day report.

I went to Immigration yesterday and asked for a certificate of residence.

The lady officer checked my passport and became agitated and went away discussed it with collegues at length. I started to get worried. Then a male officer spoke to me and asked again what I wanted and I said I need a certificate of residence so I can apply for a drivers licence. Apparently the lady thought I was applying for permanent residence! Anyway the guy doing residence certificates told me I first need to do a 90 day report.

Always best to know exactly what is being requested/wanted !

The Lady was correct in her assumption ......................