Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

If you was told that you could have a hammer or a shark tooth ring to defend yourself, which would you choose (this is fair don't forget, as they can both, according to you, cause similar damage). NB: the ring can have the biggest found shark tooth in the world if you choose that option and I can have the hammer of my choice!!

Before proceeding further into this fantasy please remember that two people lost their lives in the most brutal fashion, and that others might have been failed in the aftermath. If you're bored google Derek Bentley.

Don't need to Google it, I'm old enough to know about Derek Bentley - the main difference between the B2 and Derek is that he was not guilty of his crime and hanged whereas these two are and deserve to be hanged for their crimes!!

Pal

You are right off the map !!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So i will give an update on who the conspiracy theorist say are in on cover up

The whole of Koh Tao island 15,000

The police

The doctors

The Coroner

The Dna analysts

The 4 institutes that tested Nomsods dna

The Rotti seller

The prosecution

The courts

Prayut

Sean

also a late starter the Miller Family

Specially interested of the part how they been motivated to play along..[emoji6]

October 10, 2015

“There has been a rejection of the police’s investigation report, with public prosecutors on Wednesday,

asking the authors to supply “more crucial information,” “fix certain flaws” and make the 850-page document “more succinct.”

http://time.com/3487462/thailand-koh-tao-murders-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-zaw-lin-win-zaw-htun/

Edited by iReason

October 16, 2015

“Thai police say they have perfected the case file accusing two Burmese migrant workers of murdering British tourists in southern Thailand, after prosecutors initially rejected the case for being “incomplete.”

“State attorneys refused to take up the case earlier this week, citing insufficient evidence and “flaws” in police’s investigation”

“Pol.Maj.Gen. Paween Pongsirin, deputy commander of Region 8 Police, said the case file is now "perfect."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413444909&section=12

Mon front row in the crime scene. @10 seconds.

Mon stepping over Police barrier to enter a closed crime scene:

Uncle Mon chasing Sean a few hours earlier and then shows up at the crime scene? <deleted>?

Uncle Mon and his cop buddy chased Sean with the apparent purpose of fitting him up for the crimes a week after the murders. Why would he even do that if it was the inconsequential B2 who did it? If you've got double killer(s) right on your patch (bodies found on the beach / in the sea practically in front of his inTouch resort, and blows struck with inTouch's garden hoe) why try and pin it on a random? Surely you'd want the real monsters who did that to be found and dealt with or the same thing could happen again, unless of course you were involved or protecting those who were!

Mon and a off duty policeman were filiming him there are photos also there is cctv footage from the the shop and they let him use facebook and waited till the police came and got him,

How do you think the conversation went ?

Mon : I am going to Kill you and make it look like an accident

Sean: Please don't kill me, can I use facebook ?

Mon :Ok but just don't tell anyone I am going to take you to the jungle to hang

November 7, 2015

"The public prosecutor in charge of the Koh Tao murder case says his team needs more time to work on the investigation before the two Burmese men arrested by police can be tried in court."

"Despite police's earlier insistence that the case was “perfect,” Tawatchai Siengjiew, chief of Region 8 Public Prosecutor Office, said today that the investigation is only "80 percent completed."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415364373

Amnesty International have called for an independent investigation into the trial (good luck with that!) and the UK newspapers have also highlighted in their reports that Thailand is known to use torture to extract confessions from the innocent. None of this will make any difference to the Thai authorities. Even my Thai wife is disgusted!

The MET has always review the investigation and send their conclusion to family of victims and Thai government.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/17/uk-police-thai-murder-inquiry

This year UK supreme court denies the two convicts layers access to MET report : Rejecting the application, Mr Justice Green, sitting at the High Court in London, said: "There is nothing in the report which is exculpatory or would be of material assistance to the claimants in the operation of their defence in the course of the trial."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34055589

Victim's family claim after review of investigation by MET that : They said that while “support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal” they urged the public not to “jump to conclusions” and said the “suspects have a difficult case to answer”.

Adding: “The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/06/hannah-witheridge-david-miller-families-speak-thailand

So i will give an update on who the conspiracy theorist say are in on cover up

The whole of Koh Tao island 15,000

The police

The doctors

The Coroner

The Dna analysts

The 4 institutes that tested Nomsods dna

The Rotti seller

The prosecution

The courts

Prayut

Sean

also a late starter the Miller Family

you forgot the UK Embassy and Scotland Yard

December 2, 2015

“Police Chief Somyot Pumpunmuang told journalists then that the police had conducted a “perfect investigation”

“The prosecutors in Samui asked for extra information to be included in the case file not once but on three separate occasions.

“Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha backed the police force’s investigation. Stating that the British Government had “no doubts regarding British the murder case”. (sic)

"But it wasn’t long before a statement from the UK proved that Prayuth’s claim was somewhat inaccurate, with Junior Foreign Minister Hugo Swire stating “there was a real concern in the UK about how the investigation has been handled by the Thai authorities”.

http://uk.asiancorrespondent.com/2014/12/thailand-detention-of-koh-tao-murder-suspects-extended-for-6th-time/

Edited by iReason

Did the trail ever 'confirm' who the running shirtless man in the photo was?

post-161305-0-21685000-1436621115_thumb.

Interesting that both the man and Nomsod have that bent arm characteristic.

Remarkable, who would have thought there would be two people on one small island with exactly the same left arm characteristic. Remarkable.

Maybe you should send it of to the so called gait expert.

The defense had 2 milionl thb 7 top lawyers and all the same stuff people keep posting again and again.

As an expert on Thailand maybe you could explain how this family is more powerful than the Redbull family ?

He ran over a copper drunk so the main charge would most probably be manslaughter, how come he is hiding out in Singapore and NS is walking around Thailand Freely ?

A tourist could have snapped a photo of NS and hannah at the bar by accident and noticed it months later, then made it public leaving everyone from the top down looking very stupid

So maybe you also could tell me why Prayut a person who is willing to take on Thaksin is bending over backwards for a village headman on a tiny rock ?

I would be grateful if you could supply us with evidence such as photos, dates etc that proves Nomsod is in fact walking around Thailand freely.

You are correct however to draw our attention to the crime committed by Voyaruth Yoovidhaya. It is exactly the same story, the rich do not have to attend court in Thailand even when charged for an incident which occurred 3 years ago.

Remarkable, who would have thought there would be two people on one small island with exactly the same left arm characteristic. Remarkable.

The defense had 2 milionl thb 7 top lawyers and all the same stuff people keep posting again and again.

As an expert on Thailand maybe you could explain how this family is more powerful than the Redbull family ?

He ran over a copper drunk so the main charge would most probably be manslaughter, how come he is hiding out in Singapore and NS is walking around Thailand Freely ?

A tourist could have snapped a photo of NS and hannah at the bar by accident and noticed it months later, then made it public leaving everyone from the top down looking very stupid

So maybe you also could tell me why Prayut a person who is willing to take on Thaksin is bending over backwards for a village headman on a tiny rock ?

Oh dear..try he was driving his car at the time and seen leaving...This crime in Koh Tao was done without any witnesses brave enough to come forward or were got at with money and/or threats before the damage was done... Trouble is the police were too naive and free with the early pictures and info and the cat was out of the bag...The fact that the red bull guy is still not arrested despite him being back in the country tells a story...DiscoDan the man..please try harder...the world and his wife...including you knows who has done this and time is running out for the real murderers...and you and your mates on here....And as for Prayut...there's many many high ups involved in the illegal stuff going on Koh Tao and many connections ! Hence the shutting up of media and translators etc....And most notable the silence that greeted the reenactment of the crime was telling..Thais don't like it when there livelihood is threatened and yet not a murmure...All the people there and there were so many met the B2 with silence ! Now why would that be..Give you a clue..because everyone there knew it wasn't them !as you do also despite your procrastination .. Edited by Nigeone

"What do you think about this statement of the Miller family? It looks as if they know something that you, or I, don't."

If it was a fair trial all evidence would have been heard in public.

the fact that some believe that the family "know something we don't" just goes to show what a farce both the investigation and the trial have turned out to be.

Two questions if I may,

1) where is the evidence that Nomsod was anywhere else but on the island at the time of the tragedies? The cctv footage in Bangkok has been discredited as doctored and no one has come forward to say he attended any classes or exam at that time.

2) Where is Nomsod's DNA and who cleared it? If you are going to tell us his daddy or the RTP cleared him, folk are just going to laugh at that.

who by ? the conspiracy theorists, and his phone records were also shown.

2) 4 different institutes took his dna

However, Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth Thavornsiri, the police spokesman, said that police were waiting for the results of DNA tests from three other institutes namelyP Chulalongkorn, Ramathibodi and Siriraj hospitals. He expected the results tomorrow (Saturday).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772890-initial-dna-test-clears-koh-tao-village-headmans-son-of-murder/

In the matter of Nomsods DNA testing, it was conducted by the RTP< a highly suspect organisation. The result confirms a non match with DNA IN Ms. Witheridge body.

Now then, the Norfolk coroner says Ms Witheridge was not raped. Therefore whatever DNA was IN her body is irrelevant to whomsoever murdered her. There is no reference to Nomsods DNA not being on that hoe or on Mr Miller's body. Where are Nomsod's phone records as his former girlfriend could not reach him by phone at that time?

It doesn't matter if the guys did it or not....or if a "mafia" family member did it....the procedures have rendering ANY conviction untenable in normal legal procedures.

What the trial has achieved though is to engender a perception amongst many people both inside and outside the country that there are elements in the Thai authorities who are prepared to execute a person regardless of innocence pr guilt just to save face or "restore harmony".

I can't see how any country that considers itself to be a free country can accept this an acceptable situation

Uncle Mon chasing Sean a few hours earlier and then shows up at the crime scene? <deleted>?

Uncle Mon and his cop buddy chased Sean with the apparent purpose of fitting him up for the crimes a week after the murders. Why would he even do that if it was the inconsequential B2 who did it? If you've got double killer(s) right on your patch (bodies found on the beach / in the sea practically in front of his inTouch resort, and blows struck with inTouch's garden hoe) why try and pin it on a random? Surely you'd want the real monsters who did that to be found and dealt with or the same thing could happen again, unless of course you were involved or protecting those who were!

Mon and a off duty policeman were filiming him there are photos also there is cctv footage from the the shop and they let him use facebook and waited till the police came and got him,

I think you're a bit vague on some of this? I was following his FB account that night but don't think you can have been. The conversation about hanging him went on at ac bar before he ran for the 7-11, got the phone off the cashier and sent a quick message for help, asking family to contact sky news. By then Mon and cop buddy were in the shop too so he snapped them and uploaded to facebook along with the comment long the lines of 'these are the guys that did it. ring leader is on the left (Mon)'. Now info is in the public domain, there is a witness (cashier), there is cctv. Can they really still carry out their threat? Cops came later and took Sean away, then also Mon. iirc this was the day he was apparently dna tested and cleared in something like 8 hours.

Do you smell a rat anywhere with unfeasibly quick dna result?

edited as got my left and right mixed up!

Edited by bunglebag

I would be grateful if you could supply us with evidence such as photos, dates etc that proves Nomsod is in fact walking around Thailand freely.

You are correct however to draw our attention to the crime committed by Voyaruth Yoovidhaya. It is exactly the same story, the rich do not have to attend court in Thailand even when charged for an incident which occurred 3 years ago.

Well he is an innocent man there is a good chance he is hiding because of all the conspiracy theorists crazies but hey it doesn't matter he is a rich thai so deserves it right ?

Interesting post there Dave,

Can I suggest it is because there is simply no one to come forward to.

In another country you might approach your local MP or similar. Thailand has no equivalent of MP because they do not have a parliament, The general has already said he wants the B2 convicted so who could someone come forward to> Sean McAnna won't be coming forward, that's for sure. Anyone caught coming forward will be in ,line for yet another of those assisted suicides.Given that coming forward would most likely be your last act on this earth it might take a while to compose your last words. In another society you might drop by the local parish priest but there is no equivalent of that here. I have long held the view that there is a weakness in the Thai social structure, there is simply no one to talk to. I went out one night to ask people in the soi to lower the noise " Or I will ring the police" Their reply " No need, we are the police" Who can you come forward to?

That makes a lot of sense Glenmohr. There is indeed nobody to talk to and if you do.....yep, makes sense, but what about just posting the story online or sending it to a foreign newspaper, something must be possible, no?

Perhaps this weakness in Thai society is pre-designed. It's an easy way to keep everyone separated and in line because separated they are. The well known Thai phrase; he not my family so I not care.

as already pointed out - who do you report it too, not the police - not anyone in Thailand actually because you can trust nobody

even if someone did manage to get someone to listen what good is it, if it is something they heard how can they prove it, would they be willing to go to court as a witness, would they be willing to put their own lives and that of their families at risk. anyone think they would actually make it to court

nope sorry, no one is going to come forward and those that are close to this filthy cowardly act have already been paid handsomely for their trouble and their silence

Is the roti seller still in business or has he retired

Sure, I am aware of what is at stake and how this society works as a whole. Let me just put it more bluntly instead of politely; Why are people so scared in this country? Is it in the DNA? Is it cultural brainwashing? Is it religion? What is it that makes people eager followers who can easily be silenced? My real question is actually a much bigger one and perhaps material for a book one day once these pastures have been left behind; Why do certain cultures rebel while others are much easier to control? It can't just be money, that's too simple

Thailand is basically a semi lawless society run by criminals and mafias often referred to as "influential people", on the face of it authorities try to put on a good show but the reality when push comes to shove the power base wins, it extends to government levels and agencies, if you are not involved then you live in fear and keep your mouth shut, all of it is driven by power and money.

Until someone comes along that has a will and the means to address it head on nothing will change

It is all about money, nothing else matters, whoever has the money holds the power, Koh Tao is a fine example

I think you're a bit vague on some of this? I was following his FB account that night but don't think you can have been. The conversation about hanging him went on at ac bar before he ran for the 7-11, got the phone off the cashier and sent a quick message for help, asking family to contact sky news. By then Mon and cop buddy were in the shop too so he snapped them and uploaded to facebook along with the comment long the lines of 'these are the guys that did it. ring leader is on the right (Mon)'. Now info is in the public domain, there is a witness (cashier), there is cctv. Can they really still carry out their threat? Cops came later and took Sean away, then also Mon. iirc this was the day he was apparently dna tested and cleared in something like 8 hours.

In back up I was following it too.and you are right...And there is no doubt Sean was very scared...And in my opinion definately knows a lot about this matter...

Edited by Nigeone

Does anyone know what Buddhism says about conspiring to frame two innocents for murders they didn't commit? And what about Buddhists who don't come forward to tell the truth?

For months and months I was convinced that someone would come forward and speak the truth no matter what, because their religion speaks about doing good and the laws of karma but it never happened. Strange.

So of 100's of people on Koh Tao who actually know what really happened nobody came forward with their story? And all out of fear? It's impossible to cover up a story of this magnitude on such a small island! So it's kind of logical that many people know the real story. There must even be farangs who live and work on Tao who know the truth, either working in the diving industry or owning businesses. That nobody sticks their neck out for anyone anymore is maybe part of the time we live in. Can't imagine someone who knows the truth would be quiet and let 2 boys be sent to jail all their lives or even killed for a crime they didn't commit. That's impossible

Time will reveal all.

do you honestly have to have everything explained to you, the redbull incident - there was no way to falsify anything.

there most likely are photos and cctv footage from inside AC bar, not everyone will be as informed as folk here and realise how important they could be

Who said Prayut is bending over backwards, he is doing exactly what any other PM would do and relying on his police commander to manage police business, Prayut has been told that the case and evidence is sound, why should he think any different, he is no DNA expert, however he may now be slamming a few desks and knocking heads and demanding answers since Myanmar has officially made top level diplomatic noise and demanded a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaiAXSuvW9g

Yes, despite not being a policeman Mon is all over this, allowed to go wherever he wants and oh dear he's helping to contaminate the scene.

But wait, didn't the policeman testify in court that he found the clothes all neatly stacked up, yet here they are scattered all over the place, and after the police have cordoned off the area. Someone's telling big fat porkies.

For one reason or another the judge only ever had one option open to him for a verdict I feel, regardless of the most farcical prosecution ever witnessed. I would wager it was driven be fear rather than money.

What a lot of people on this thread do not seem to understand, is that Mon and Nomsod are completely above the law. Any and all laws. Local, state and federal. They are just too wealthy to be brought down. When was the last time a family worth hundreds of millions of dollars has been brought to justice here? It just does not happen. So, yes he was permitted to do whatever he wanted, and the serial killer still walks free. That is simply the way it is.

I think you're a bit vague on some of this? I was following his FB account that night but don't think you can have been. The conversation about hanging him went on at ac bar before he ran for the 7-11, got the phone off the cashier and sent a quick message for help, asking family to contact sky news. By then Mon and cop buddy were in the shop too so he snapped them and uploaded to facebook along with the comment long the lines of 'these are the guys that did it. ring leader is on the right (Mon)'. Now info is in the public domain, there is a witness (cashier), there is cctv. Can they really still carry out their threat? Cops came later and took Sean away, then also Mon. iirc this was the day he was apparently dna tested and cleared in something like 8 hours.

In back up I was following it too.and you are right...And there is no doubt Sean was very scared...And in my opinion definately knows a lot about this matter...

Yes definitely genuinely scared for his life. One or two defenders later tried to say he was probably out of it but his posts were very lucid and free of errors. Think his getting onto facebook saved his life that night. I feared for his life too before the police arrived.

Regarding what he might know - At a minimum I would think he heard the talk on Sairee the next day(s) and, like some others, knows something. When talking to reporters before leaving he didn't give any conrete leads but kind of implied he knew more by saying something along the lines of look for those who didn't turn up for work the next day. Whether he was ever more involved in terms of knowledge or actions I don't know. I've never felt he is a readable as a lot of others. I think he might be on the spectrum.

I think you're a bit vague on some of this? I was following his FB account that night but don't think you can have been. The conversation about hanging him went on at ac bar before he ran for the 7-11, got the phone off the cashier and sent a quick message for help, asking family to contact sky news. By then Mon and cop buddy were in the shop too so he snapped them and uploaded to facebook along with the comment long the lines of 'these are the guys that did it. ring leader is on the left (Mon)'. Now info is in the public domain, there is a witness (cashier), there is cctv. Can they really still carry out their threat? Cops came later and took Sean away, then also Mon. iirc this was the day he was apparently dna tested and cleared in something like 8 hours.

You were following his fb account that night ? so you knew him before the incident ? or you are taking the word of someone who has a criminal record for kiddie porn as gospel ?

and Mon and the copper can't be very good runners gets in the shop gets the workers phone goes on internet send messages and photos maybe they gave chase on tortoises

Also 2 peoples DNA found So they would have had to have found another person to hang as well.

Sean like many will know the thai police forces reputation and with a conviction for kiddy porn and cuts to his arm, and he knew David which makes a perfect scapegoat if they had said the dna matched I doubt anyone would have questioned his guilt, but this is why you should never judge a book by its cover.

You were following his fb account that night ? so you knew him before the incident ? or you are taking the word of someone who has a criminal record for kiddie porn as gospel ?

and Mon and the copper can't be very good runners gets in the shop gets the workers phone goes on internet send messages and photos maybe they gave chase on tortoises

Also 2 peoples DNA found So they would have had to have found another person to hang as well.

Sean like many will know the thai police forces reputation and with a conviction for kiddy porn and cuts to his arm, and he knew David which makes a perfect scapegoat if they had said the dna matched I doubt anyone would have questioned his guilt, but this is why you should never judge a book by its cover.

You clearly haven't a clue what went on that night with Sean being threatened...I suggest before you make a bigger fool of yourself you do some research...Also I don't see anyone saying Sean did it....just that he probably knows something of relevance. And yes quite a few were following his Facebook account and that of his sister that night !! And no I would think no one before then knew him...That will give you something to get your head around !! Edited by Nigeone

I think you're a bit vague on some of this? I was following his FB account that night but don't think you can have been. The conversation about hanging him went on at ac bar before he ran for the 7-11, got the phone off the cashier and sent a quick message for help, asking family to contact sky news. By then Mon and cop buddy were in the shop too so he snapped them and uploaded to facebook along with the comment long the lines of 'these are the guys that did it. ring leader is on the right (Mon)'. Now info is in the public domain, there is a witness (cashier), there is cctv. Can they really still carry out their threat? Cops came later and took Sean away, then also Mon. This was the day he was apparently dna tested and cleared in something like 8 hours. This was also before the chief investigator got relocated with someone more 'on side'

Here is the initial reporting of Sean:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terrified-pal-murdered-brit-pair-4303495

I think Sean was too jacked at 7-11 up but he did manage to post onto Facebook and uncle Mon and Mr Policeman really couldn't do anything at 7-11. It was probably the best decision Sean ever made in his life to do what he did.

I can't find any info on what Sean, Mon and Mr Policeman discussed at 7-11 but do you think the staff at 7-11 is going to open their mouths? I can guarantee it wasn't an invitation for tea.

I'm sorry but DNA can be contaminated through cross contamination, planting, etc especially if the police want to pin it on defendants that have zero ability to defend themselves. It's like taking sheep to the slaughterhouse no chance in hell.

It really is sad that Thailand has this "do you know who am I ? culture, but they do and on a little remote island like this can be a perfect little environment for those who have so much power in their little world that they can do whatever they want.

There are only a few people with the power to make this happen on that island.

I was also following his fb account that night, purely for the fact his name was mentioned on this very forum after his "boss of AC bar did it" comment.

So please stop posting your nonsense.