New shopping district "Central Bangkok"

snoop1130

But still a million people in Thailand, without electricity! And the endless mall building carrys on.

And water...but it's of no concern to the bangkok elite and their henchmen. Everything is good as long as they have empty air-conditioned malls to aimlessly wander around to spend their worthless lives.

Gaysron just did a major face-lift and they are expanding with an office tower, so sure they are making money. The rich like spending too.

Soon we will also have this little center "The Market" across from Central World.

I was in Gaysorn 2 weeks ago but didn't see any changes. It was funny, they have tables and chairs downstairs in the hall with bottles of real champagne on the tables but there were 2 Thai? sitting there with a plastic waterbottle and 2 plastic glasses that they were drinking.

Once we visited a shop where my wife liked to go and they offered me a glass of real champagne (which i refused).

I guess Gaysorn makes money from the shop-rentals but i've never seen it busy there. If they didn't have the flyover bridge to Central World i guess totally nobody would go there.

Bangkok needs those long walkingbridges connecting every mall in the area. It's great to walk over them when it's not too hot. If they add some tree's and flowers (EM-quartier style) the tourists will love to walk there while shopping in the malls.

Gaysron just did a major face-lift and they are expanding with an office tower, so sure they are making money. The rich like spending too.

Soon we will also have this little center "The Market" across from Central World.

I was in Gaysorn 2 weeks ago but didn't see any changes. It was funny, they have tables and chairs downstairs in the hall with bottles of real champagne on the tables but there were 2 Thai? sitting there with a plastic waterbottle and 2 plastic glasses that they were drinking.

Once we visited a shop where my wife liked to go and they offered me a glass of real champagne (which i refused).

I guess Gaysorn makes money from the shop-rentals but i've never seen it busy there. If they didn't have the flyover bridge to Central World i guess totally nobody would go there.

Bangkok needs those long walkingbridges connecting every mall in the area. It's great to walk over them when it's not too hot. If they add some tree's and flowers (EM-quartier style) the tourists will love to walk there while shopping in the malls.

I remember reading some time ago (12-18 months?) that a skywalk was going to be built from the existing skywalk on Sukhumvit down Rajdamri Road. The major retailers (Central World, Gaysorn, Big C) were supposed to be footing a significant part of the cost. Maybe still in the planning stages?

I remember reading some time ago (12-18 months?) that a skywalk was going to be built from the existing skywalk on Sukhumvit down Rajdamri Road. The major retailers (Central World, Gaysorn, Big C) were supposed to be footing a significant part of the cost. Maybe still in the planning stages?

The skywalk will have a hard time crossing the expressway at soi 0, but I agree the ever expanding skywalks are great and making life a lot safer for pedestrians. You can actually walk under roof all the way from Ploenchit to MBK, if you take a little detour in various centers.

The seating arrangement at the ground floor in front of the Christmas tree was just so you could sit and enjoy the Christmas carol, which was actually very beautiful and nicely made.

Shops at Gayson are doing fine and I think the center have developed very nice over the years. Remember when it use to have the Planet Hollywood bar at the second floor? That was totally misplaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to have long skywalks but i don't need to go to Plantinum mall, have been there 5? years ago and they sold clothes for teenage girls only there. Also Phantip is still closed i guess and i don't want to buy copycopy hardware anyway.

We need skywalk from Central World to EMquartier and the MBK. For the rest there's nothing important in the city i would think.

Gaysorn is the most boring mall of all and i have never seen it busy there. I only pass it to go to Central World and use their escalator. If they didn't have that i would have never been in it. The name Gaysorn also doesn't attract me at all.

Also they should make a walkthrough from Central Chidlom to Central World, now you have to go down to the road because you can't walk through the bts-station of Chidlom after shopping there.

Walkingbridges are cool but they can allow some vendors there as well to sell fresh orangejuice or so. Build nice booths for them and show the price of the drinks.

Since i live in the subs i rarely come to the city. Takes 2-3 hours before we are at Siam and that's not worth it. We live 20-30 km away of it though but traffic/parking/skytrain is just a big pain in the butt and not worth it. I doubt we will come more often if the new bts-lines are finished. Then we need the bts-metro-bts and that also takes an hour i guess. It's a big mistake that they didn't build the whole new bts connected to the current bts.

But for you citybirds the long skywalks are great to get some excercise. We can walk in the parks here so don't really need it. I like those bridges so i can have a smoke after shopping.

We need skywalk from Central World to EMquartier and the MBK.

This is Bangkok. People will barely walk any further than from their condo building to a taxi. You think they're going to walk the 4km from Central World to Emquartier?

You think they want to sit in a taxi 30 minutes for a ride of 4 km?

In our moobaan everybody walks in the parks but only when it's cool, so early in the morning or after 5 pm.

When we are in the city visiting the malls we also walk, you don't go to the skytrain for 1 or 2 stations further. The only problem is the bad pavement at the sidewalks. If you walk from Central World to Platinum you even have to walk on the road between the taxi's and so. The sidewalks are totally full with vendors so yes skywalks are the solution.

We need skywalk from Central World to EMquartier and the MBK.

This is Bangkok. People will barely walk any further than from their condo building to a taxi. You think they're going to walk the 4km from Central World to Emquartier?

You think they want to sit in a taxi 30 minutes for a ride of 4 km?

Well, no - they'll just get the BTS like everyone else.

Great to have long skywalks but i don't need to go to Plantinum mall, have been there 5? years ago and they sold clothes for teenage girls only there. Also Phantip is still closed i guess and i don't want to buy copycopy hardware anyway.

We need skywalk from Central World to EMquartier and the MBK. For the rest there's nothing important in the city i would think.

Gaysorn is the most boring mall of all and i have never seen it busy there. I only pass it to go to Central World and use their escalator. If they didn't have that i would have never been in it. The name Gaysorn also doesn't attract me at all.

Also they should make a walkthrough from Central Chidlom to Central World, now you have to go down to the road because you can't walk through the bts-station of Chidlom after shopping there.

Walkingbridges are cool but they can allow some vendors there as well to sell fresh orangejuice or so. Build nice booths for them and show the price of the drinks.

Since i live in the subs i rarely come to the city. Takes 2-3 hours before we are at Siam and that's not worth it. We live 20-30 km away of it though but traffic/parking/skytrain is just a big pain in the butt and not worth it. I doubt we will come more often if the new bts-lines are finished. Then we need the bts-metro-bts and that also takes an hour i guess. It's a big mistake that they didn't build the whole new bts connected to the current bts.

But for you citybirds the long skywalks are great to get some excercise. We can walk in the parks here so don't really need it. I like those bridges so i can have a smoke after shopping.

Nobody goes to Platinum, it is too crowded!

Is it? What do they sell there these days?

There's no bts at Central World that's why they started building the skywalks. From there to Platinum is a very short distance but because of the crappy pavement they need a skywalk now.

At Westgate they are also building a skywalk now it seems, no idea where it leads to but construction has started under the bts-rail.

How does it get crowded if nobody goes there?

How does it get crowded if nobody goes there?

That is a good point, I never thought about it that way. Maybe they are building the skywalk so the crowd can get out of Platinum.