Thai Wife Selling Property

I'm sorry if the following question has been answered before on the Forum. If it has, can anyone refer me to the topic please?

My query relates to this:

My Thai wife and I have been married for 7 years. She is the owner of a house and some separate plots of land in, and around, Burirum. The house and the land were purchased by her 10 years ago, before we were married. She intends to sell the house now and she believes that, as she is now married, when the house is sold I will have to accompany her to the land office to endorse or agree to her selling the house.

Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for your guidance on this, I'm obliged to you. :o

I'm sorry if the following question has been answered before on the Forum. If it has, can anyone refer me to the topic please?

My query relates to this:

My Thai wife and I have been married for 7 years. She is the owner of a house and some separate plots of land in, and around, Burirum. The house and the land were purchased by her 10 years ago, before we were married. She intends to sell the house now and she believes that, as she is now married, when the house is sold I will have to accompany her to the land office to endorse or agree to her selling the house.

Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for your guidance on this, I'm obliged to you. :D

The house and land, being purchased before marriage, are outside community property laws and therefore require no consent from you for sale. All income received is "ring fenced" as being her personal property ( unless she's feeling generous :D ) In fact even if she purchased the land after marriage no permission would be required if the spouse is a foreigner. It is quite likely in a Thai/Thai marriage this would be required. However some Land Offices may wish to play safe and ask for your signature. I have been asked to sign documents before now without any basis in law. :o

The house and land, being purchased before marriage, are outside community property laws and therefore require no consent from you for sale. All income received is "ring fenced" as being her personal property ( unless she's feeling generous :D ) In fact even if she purchased the land after marriage no permission would be required if the spouse is a foreigner. It is quite likely in a Thai/Thai marriage this would be required. However some Land Offices may wish to play safe and ask for your signature. I have been asked to sign documents before now without any basis in law. :o

Thank you Dragonman.....thank you for your prompt and clear reply.