• SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a dame, eh? What does that even mean? Like a female? What century are you posting from?

Don't really care. Totally used to homophobic and also misogynistic comments on this forum. I guess it's a release for some people. Whatever.

Anyway. To those who think it's "sad" to want to win POTY and to campaign to win POTY, I disagree. It's normal to want to win any contest. Also, I think this contest has SOME value, no it's not the Oscars, or I wouldn't bother with it at all.

Edited by Jingthing

Well the real posters are coming out. I voted for nancy but must admit I don't know who she is. After seeing her lies and true natureI deleted my vote and voted vilagefarang. I recommend all others delete votes for the two sad posters and revote.

Who was the other one?

I lost respect for Nancy too and also Naam, of there was ever any there to start with.

I'll vote now for Village farang as he is honest,

I'm a dame, eh? What does that even mean? Like a female? What century are you posting from?

Don't really care. Totally used to homophobic and also misogynistic comments on this forum. I guess it's a release for some people. Whatever.

Anyway. To those who think it's "sad" to want to win POTY and to campaign to win POTY, I disagree. It's normal to want to win any contest. Also, I think this contest has SOME value, no it's not the Oscars, or I wouldn't bother with it at all.

misogynistic? you mean you are a female? wow ok that's a surprise darling

dear you REALLY should understand the role of 'neutral' Poll Master/Madam

but you cannot resist your 'fiddling' and your 'meddling' and you 'fussing' over your 'favored' candidate

relax, take a bath darling... stop the 'mincing' and let the process evolve

misogynistic? you mean you are a female? wow ok that's a surprise darling

dear you REALLY should understand the role of 'neutral' Poll Master/Madam

but you cannot resist your 'fiddling' and your 'meddling' and you 'fussing' over your 'favored' candidate

relax, take a bath darling... stop the 'mincing' and let the process evolve

I don't know where you get this idea of a neutral PollLord from, but please don't bring your bizarre fantasies to this thread

I like Chef but not being a native speaker things are really stacked against him and that is unfortunate in my opinion.

I think anyone who has to directly beg for votes has a problem. Likewise if you can’t win and instead whine and turn to sour grapes or scorched earth out of spite, that is not very attractive.
I am a polarizing individual who lacks mass appeal, I get that. I don’t sing, dance or tell jokes and I don’t beg. When people paint Thailand in a negative light I try show an alternative view through pictures I have taken and experiences I have had. By not agreeing with the complainers I make enemies but I simply don’t see things the way they do. I don't agree with the null vote but I won't tell anyone they shouldn't go that route. People know what they want without being told so just let them make up their own minds, or don't.

Well the real posters are coming out. I voted for nancy but must admit I don't know who she is. After seeing her lies and true natureI deleted my vote and voted vilagefarang. I recommend all others delete votes for the two sad posters and revote.

Who was the other one?

I lost respect for Nancy too and also Naam, of there was ever any there to start with.

I'm so sorry, did I have your respect back when I was posted cat images lifted from the internet?

I like Chef but not being a native speaker things are really stacked against him and that is unfortunate in my opinion.

I think anyone who has to directly beg for votes has a problem. Likewise if you cant win and instead whine and turn to sour grapes or scorched earth out of spite, that is not very attractive.

I am a polarizing individual who lacks mass appeal, I get that. I dont sing, dance or tell jokes and I dont beg. When people paint Thailand in a negative light I try show an alternative view through pictures I have taken and experiences I have had. By not agreeing with the complainers I make enemies but I simply dont see things the way they do. I don't agree with the null vote but I won't tell anyone they shouldn't go that route. People know what they want without being told so just let them make up their own minds, or don't.

I'd rather vote null than vote for a pseudo-intellectual bore.

Mincing? Doubling down on the homophobic code, huh? Fascinating.

stick to what you're good at. You do the mincing, let someone else do the stuffing

So original. Maybe POTY 2016 for you. Quality!

Edited by Jingthing

I think anyone who has to directly beg for votes has a problem. Likewise if you can’t win and instead whine and turn to sour grapes or scorched earth out of spite, that is not very attractive.
I am a polarizing individual who lacks mass appeal, I get that. I don’t sing, dance or tell jokes and I don’t beg. When people paint Thailand in a negative light I try show an alternative view through pictures I have taken and experiences I have had. By not agreeing with the complainers I make enemies but I simply don’t see things the way they do. I don't agree with the null vote but I won't tell anyone they shouldn't go that route. People know what they want without being told so just let them make up their own minds, or don't.

VF, that's a very compelling case for defining your BRAND. clap2.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif I didn't get it before. Now I get it totally. If you had done that much sooner, and REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT, you probably would have been in this. Yeah, I know, overt campaigning, against your brand. In my opinion however, if you're on voting list and you're posting on the voting thread, you ARE campaigning even if you're campaign brand is that campaigning is beneath me.

It could be my POV comes from being a political junkie with an understanding of politics in the real world. I mentioned the Oscars. Do you think that's pure? There is campaigning and it often WORKS. That doesn't mean the winners are worthless, they may or may not be. But campaigning is just part of politics and if you have any kind of contest where people are on a list, that's politics.

Edited by Jingthing

Mincing? Doubling down on the homophobic code, huh? Fascinating.

stick to what you're good at. You do the mincing, let someone else do the stuffing

At this time of year some like mince pies, right now I am Hank Marvin, would love some mince n tatties.

Carry on, same old mince.

Who was the other one?

I'm so sorry, did I have your respect back when I was posted cat images lifted from the internet?

I never saw any such images. How long have you been on this forum, I don't recall meeting you.

VF, that's a very compelling case for defining your BRAND. clap2.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif I didn't get it before. Now I get it totally. If you had done that much sooner, and REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT, you probably would have been in this. Yeah, I know, overt campaigning, against your brand. In my opinion however, if you're on voting list and you're posting on the voting thread, you ARE campaigning even if you're campaign brand is that campaigning is beneath me.

Stop derailing posters campaigning JT....

Stick to hosting the show :)

At this time of year some like mince pies, right now I am Hank Marvin, would love some mince n tatties.

Carry on, same old mince.

You need a mince pie, or a good bit of stuffing. You're a Shadow of your former self.

I took the Miner to one of our locals

"Mind now, Tom Jones will be on later, but this is Indian Country", and sure enough, soon as we opened the door, they struck up with Apache

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

I think anyone who has to directly beg for votes has a problem. Likewise if you cant win and instead whine and turn to sour grapes or scorched earth out of spite, that is not very attractive.

I am a polarizing individual who lacks mass appeal, I get that. I dont sing, dance or tell jokes and I dont beg. When people paint Thailand in a negative light I try show an alternative view through pictures I have taken and experiences I have had. By not agreeing with the complainers I make enemies but I simply dont see things the way they do. I don't agree with the null vote but I won't tell anyone they shouldn't go that route. People know what they want without being told so just let them make up their own minds, or don't.

I'd rather vote null than vote for a pseudo-intellectual bore.

You, Mr SB, strike me as the most intelligent of the five candidates. You're also the best writer.

And you're the wittiest, too.

But you still ain't gonna win!

===

On the subject of pseuds and pretentiousness, I'm afraid Mr VF shot himself in the foot quite badly a few pages back.

Saying that you're "disappointed" to find you're the most intelligent person in a room is something no genuinely clever person or accomplished intellectual would ever say.

Mr VF is his own worst enemy.

Where, EXACTLY, does it say that JT is suppose to be neutral? He's not a mod. I can totally sympathize with him. He's taken on the thankless job of being the Poll Lord and now people who are unwilling to do any of the work themselves are finding fault with him.

Where does it say, exactly, that the criteria for selection of a POTY has to be limited to one's posts on Thai Visa? How about making one's community a better place to live? Look at Crazy Chef -- helping all those wealthy tourists who have more money than sense to eat right so they don't die premature deaths. And me, helping all the Chiang Mai retirees who have more sense than money to find their way back to their home country once they've lost their sense so they don't die horrible deaths because they don't get free health care in Thailand.

It's a little unclear what the rest of the pack has done to make the world a better place.

you think it's ok for the self- appointed Poll-God not to be neutral? I mean REALLY?

I'm guessing you haven't been witness to any of the previous POTY contests.

The thing that riles me about Nancy is that, she is loved and respected where she lives. Without a doubt, and does good for the expat community.

But what has she added to TVF? Has she ever been on the Ladies Forum, In the Pub, on the Pets part, or even down to Bedlam to see my sooper dooper cat thread? I don't think so. Or i don't remember.

Whereas the others bop about, and add to the whole Forum - whether with humour, or song or advice.

That's what makes a POTY. Not someone who is blinkered in one area.

By the way - it looks like i may win Bedlamite of the Year!!! (BOTTY)!! I am up against some tough adversaries!!

Nerverdie, you know you want to vote for me there, don't you?!!

POTY 2015 GRAND FINALE STANDINGS
click me to see frantic stuff
post-37101-0-09569400-1451324842_thumb.gTwo more days! --
Transam holds firmly to high octane lead. NancyL in free fall? Null Party grows; may be the secret mystery sauce going into the end stretch.
Transam 73 votes
NancyL 60 votes
Null Vote* 50 votes
villagefarang 22 votes
Crazy Chef 1 -- 8 votes
SoiBiker 7 votes
THE POTTIES Committee in Milwaukee thanks you for voting.
POTY WINNER is crowned at midnight 30 December.
* Null Vote may not be eligible for the POTY crown.
No rights reserved.
Edited by Jingthing

The thing that riles me about Nancy is that, she is loved and respected where she lives. Without a doubt, and does good for the expat community.

But what has she added to TVF? Has she ever been on the Ladies Forum, In the Pub, on the Pets part, or even down to Bedlam to see my sooper dooper cat thread? I don't think so. Or i don't remember.

Whereas the others bop about, and add to the whole Forum - whether with humour, or song or advice.

That's what makes a POTY. Not someone who is blinkered in one area.

By the way - it looks like i may win Bedlamite of the Year!!! (BOTTY)!! I am up against some tough adversaries!!

I agree. She's a big fish in a small pond, but POTY should be someone who's had an impact on the forum as a whole.

Unfortunately, due to the failure to attract much attention to this poll, her small but loyal following is enough to have a major impact on the whole thing - and she seems unable to grasp why this might not be a popular move on the wider forum.