• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Patong restaurateur dies, crushed by garbage truck

Jonathan Fairfield

Patong restaurateur dies, crushed by garbage truck

1451025574_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: The owner of an Indian restaurant at the food court of the Jungceylon shopping mall in Patong has died after his motorbike slammed into the back of a parked pickup truck and he was crushed under the wheels of a passing garbage truck.

Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers sped Pakistani national Aamir Hussain, 36, from the scene of the accident, on Prabaramee Rd near the Thung Thong Police Station, to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town late yesterday afternoon (Dec 24), where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

“According to witnesses, the victim was heading toward Patong. He was zig-zagging through traffic when he crashed into the parked pickup truck,” ,” said Capt Wattanathon Bumrungthin of the Thung Thong Police.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-25

Saw three young girls yesterday,no helmets, couldn't have been more than 14 or 15, on Wiset doing the weave when a pickup stopped to make a u-turn and they slammed into the back. Plastic a flyin, but luckily I believed they were going slow enough that maybe only the driver got a little banged up.

That time of year everyone, be careful out there !

You see this Zigzagging between cars every day and no helmut. And driving against traffic on the sidewalk Farang and Thais alike. No wonder we have so many bad accidents.

This driving against the traffic amazes me...and they often do it at full speed .... and not just motorbikes, cars too ..

Survived the crash, but not the garbage truck?:

"The garbage truck driver was not aware of the accident and did not see Mr Amir lying in the road"

Well you wouldn't see things in the road, in front of you, in daylight, would you?

If you did you would flash your lights to make them get out of the way, wouldn't you?

Take note "defensive" riders.

Edited by Enoon

Survived the crash, but not the garbage truck?:

"The garbage truck driver was not aware of the accident and did not see Mr Amir lying in the road"

Well you wouldn't see things in the road, in front of you, in daylight, would you?

If you did you would flash your lights to make them get out of the way, wouldn't you?

Take note "defensive" riders.

You don't see what is just in front of your car lying on the street, at least when it appears abruptly

even more when you are sitting in a high truck

As they say, There are old scooter drivers, and there are bold scooter drivers, but there are

no old bold scooter drivers. From an ex-pat restaurant owner to a statistic in one short ride.

Some people may not consider this news but if these accidents are reported with regularity

it gives others a chance to learn from someone else's mistakes. facepalm.gif RIP.

I see a lot of motobike drivers doing crazy stuff - it will always catch up with the driver.

I was one of them a few years ago and i often talk to people who do this. According to them they are very good drivers, the faster they zigzag the better they are. They simply don't drive cars, so they don't get that every car they zig through, is breaking to let them get by and that one day one guy will be pissed off or not looking and bam they are dead or close to it.

Dead spot's from the driver's perspective - with garbage truck's we have here, it's even worse. The video I included is just for demonstrating left hand side with a regular setup - you could set up about two-three rows of pedestrians(not ones with bikes of course) in front, and depending on the vehicles length ~about a dozen starting from the backside of the truck, before the driver starts seeing them in the mirrors. Just something to think about.

Edited by jabis