Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

11 hours ago, NancyL said:

Yeah, it would have been fun to witness the melee among the Chinese students outside Immigration.  Doesn't get that exciting in the retirement extension queue.

Find  your candid comments of the alledgely Chinese students  melee outside the Immgr Dept rather disturbing

I   have  been  innocently involved in such melees, (not at the Immgr Dept)  and  assure  you   it   is  indeed no fun    and very possibly    you  could   be a ambulance stretcher case to the nearest hospital,   fun and exciting!!!  not in my view

Edited by evenstevens

On 10/1/2017 at 12:56 PM, SammyJ said:

Can anyone tell me if Chiang Mai Immigration requires, as I have heard some immigration offices require, the MoFA stamp on the income affidavit form from one's embassy in applying for a retirement via?

I have heard this has been required in Pattaya and Hua Hin , and if required the MoFA office in 

Bkk must be use?  Or is there somewhere in Chiang Mai to obtain this stamp?

Thank you

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Find  your candid comments of the alledgely Chinese students  melee outside the Immgr Dept rather disturbing

I   have  been  innocently involved in such melees, (not at the Immgr Dept)  and  assure  you   it   is  indeed no fun    and very possibly    you  could   be a ambulance stretcher case to the nearest hospital,   fun and exciting!!!  not in my view

Oh for goodness sake, lighten up E/S.  The incident was reported by ThaiPauly a few days ago in post no. 1566.  If you actually spent time waiting in the queues at Imm. you'd know that the student visa queue isn't close to the retirement visa or start of the 90 day queue and besides, the Chinese students were fighting over the stools in front of the office that processes students visas, not the stools in the queues that us old folks use.  

I've heard from people who run language schools how difficult it is for their students to "get into" Immigration.  That their students have to turn up very early to get a queue ticket and then are put through the ringer by Immigration once they're seen.  We old folks aren't the only ones subject to the bad conditions there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NancyL said:

Oh for goodness sake, lighten up E/S.  The incident was reported by ThaiPauly a few days ago in post no. 1566.  If you actually spent time waiting in the queues at Imm. you'd know that the student visa queue isn't close to the retirement visa or start of the 90 day queue and besides, the Chinese students were fighting over the stools in front of the office that processes students visas, not the stools in the queues that us old folks use.  

I've heard from people who run language schools how difficult it is for their students to "get into" Immigration.  That their students have to turn up very early to get a queue ticket and then are put through the ringer by Immigration once they're seen.  We old folks aren't the only ones subject to the bad conditions there.

many thks for your reply     but you have appeared to miss  my main point  that any  melee outside a Govt Dept in this case Prom Immgr  Dept is a situation not to be taken lightly  what ever the circumstances are , and in your case   you  are treating it as fun and exciting     i beg to differ

.  as a old folk,   i feel the services at Prom Immgr Dept   have improved   since the bad old days at the Zoo (airport)but you  still never stop complaining for what ever reason   it may be,  and as most savvy   C/mai  expats  know    it gets you no where  at all,  :smile: a nice early evening to all

I beg to differ E/S. I do not think that immigration services have improved since the airport office days.

It may have for you and those others that use visa agents, but 10 years ago there were no visa agents and we all did them ourselves and it did not take long either.

We will see what happens when we all return to airport immigration in the not to distant future

AP office was fine a long time ago, then things got stickyer for a while but improved some time after the move to Pramanada. Are they now better than AP? No if you go way back when volumes were low. Yes if you take the you look at the period just before Pramanada.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Totally untrue!

I have been using "Agents" since 2000.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I don't recall the sheer numbers of people using agents being significant when I arrived here in 2004, but why did you need to pay an agent in the year 2000 when everything at Immigration was easy and straight forward?

8 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I beg to differ E/S. I do not think that immigration services have improved since the airport office days.

It may have for you and those others that use visa agents, but 10 years ago there were no visa agents and we all did them ourselves and it did not take long either.

We will see what happens when we all return to airport immigration in the not to distant future

as for the early AM  bird  line  sitters    such as yourself    conditions at   Promenada  Immgr  Dept    is   leaps and bounds ahead   of the Zoo days    in its heyday      where     lining up in the car park    and scrums  to be packed down   waiting  for  the whistle to be  blown to get  in first     was very common each day

btw    i have used  different agents   on and off    since the early 2002   , your  2007  number is so wrong    and not even close:smile: honestly cobber  in my view Promenada Immgr Dept  Officers are doing a fine job ,considering the circumstances involved , and services have improved  since the final yrs at the Zoo but  a further improvement can be acheived,  and sincerely do hope the new zoo:smile:can  provide this    a nice arvo to all

• Like 1

as for the early AM  bird  line  sitters    such as yourself    conditions at   Promenada  Immgr  Dept    is   leaps and bounds ahead   of the Zoo days    in its heyday      where     lining up in the car park    and scrums  to be packed down   waiting  for  the whistle to be  blown to get  in first     was very common each day

btw    i have used  different agents   on and off    since the early 2002   , your  2007  number is so wrong    and not even close:smile: honestly cobber  in my view Promenada Immgr Dept  Officers are doing a fine job ,considering the circumstances involved , and services have improved  since the final yrs at the Zoo but  a further improvement can be acheived,  and sincerely do hope the new zoo:smile:can  provide this    a nice arvo to all

Yeah well you stick to your thinking and I'll stick to mine, then we are both right.

• Like 2

How long ago was CM immigration at the Zoo ?

I do recall CM immigration being by the airport, but I have never heard of it being at the Zoo.

When did it move ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How long ago was CM immigration at the Zoo ?

I do recall CM immigration being by the airport, but I have never heard of it being at the Zoo.

When did it move ?

It was never at the zoo....E/S just likes to be dramatic, he calls the zoo what we call Airport Immigration, God knows why, it was never worse than Prom

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Maybe I am wrong here, but I don't recall the sheer numbers of people using agents being significant when I arrived here in 2004, but why did you need to pay an agent in the year 2000 when everything at Immigration was easy and straight forward?

When extending, for example a retirement visa, at the airport location you could book an appointment online.

It was very simple and no waiting.Appointments were kept  on time.I always took the 1pm slot and was out in 45 minutes.

There were agents jumping the 90 day queue, with a handfull of passports, but no way was the number of agents as many as there are today.

Of course the online booking system suddenly became redundant as did the bar code in the passport system which saved reams of paperwork.There was never any logical reason given

While foreigner population has probably more than doubled over the last few years the  Immigration Dept lacks the organisation and incentive to provide more officers to cater for the growing  population. Unless the new office, back at the old site with minimal parking, is manned by more officers nothing will change 

Why only CM has this problem we will never know but former colleagues of mine,now retired, that are spread over Phuket ,Jomtien , Pattaya,Hua Hin tell to me that Agents are rarely used by long term residents as there is simply no waiting time and when I mention the TM 30 rort, and subsequent fines, they simply have no idea what I am talking about 

Edited by Sparkles
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

It was never at the zoo....E/S just likes to be dramatic, he calls the zoo what we call Airport Immigration, God knows why, it was never worse than Prom

E/S does have a habit of calling things by names other then the names they are known by.

It can get confusing .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Well, if you actually thought the immigration was once at Chiang Mai Zoo, then you are dafter than I thought you were!
emoji23.png

I guess my comment went straight over your head.

I do think that its quite derogatory to refer to CM immigration as chimps and the office as a zoo .

I do suspect that you on line abusive guys are the same ones who wai the officers 

I guess my comment went straight over your head.

I do think that its quite derogatory to refer to CM immigration as chimps and the office as a zoo .

I do suspect that you on line abusive guys are the same ones who wai the officers 

Too little too late Max.[emoji2] you did think it was at the Zoo, bless!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Too little too late Max.emoji2.png you did think it was at the Zoo, bless!

I did ask a question, asking whether it was there are not

Asking whether or not it was there, can hardly be construed as thinking that is was there

I can see from your posts that you are rather juvenile , so rather then let this descend into childish bickering, I shall leave it at that .

No doubt you will make some immature comment, trying to prolong the bickering

• Haha 1

I have been to the Airport Immigration office numerous time .

The personel  were always efficient and helpful , it wasnt their fault that their office was too small or that there were not enough officers , they used to complain as well .

I have always found them to be most helpful .

They didnt arrest me when I showed up on an overstay , which they could have .

They didnt arrest my friend who had no permit to be there , which they should have

They were all most helpful in trying to find a solution to the  problems

Got quite a lot of "off the record " advice

I do resent people calling the place a "zoo" and the immigration officers "chimps"