Visa on arrival (extended) expiring. Can I re enter?

Hi

I extended for 30 days my initial visa on arrival.

I know i can extend it for 7 days and after that

i must get out of thailand.

My question is

Can i fly out to a nearby country for

a few days and come back into thailand and get

another 1 month visa on arrival (extendable for

one month i guess)?

I heard one must wait 3 months before re entering thailand.

Pls advise

Thank you

There is no 30 day "visa on arrival" available only 30 day "visa exempt entries " for those from certain countries.

You can try for another "visa exempt entry but why not just apply for a Tourist Visa in a nearby country ?

A Tourist Visa would provide a 60 day stay which could be extended by another 30 days at any immigration office.

• Like 1

Visa on Arrival is available for a few nationalities and gives a stay of 15 days at a cost of 1,000 Baht.

What you have is a Visa Exempt Entry.

There is nothing to stop you leaving and returning straight away to receive another 30 days by air, 15 or 30 days by land.

Visa on Arrival is available for a few nationalities and gives a stay of 15 days at a cost of 1,000 Baht.

There is nothing to stop you leaving and returning straight away to receive another 30 days by air, 15 or 30 days by land.

thank you for your replies.

So one person can fly out and back in (and get a 1 month exempt entry, renewable) forever or there is a maximum time limit?

I ve heard one can stay max 6 months in one year.

Can you please advise?

I really appreciate

thank you for your replies.

So one person can fly out and back in (and get a 1 month exempt entry, renewable) forever or there is a maximum time limit?

I ve heard one can stay max 6 months in one year.

Can you please advise?

I really appreciate

You will not be able to do the fly out and back forever. Perhaps you could do it a couple of times before they question you about what you are doing because you would appear to be living here on visa exempt entries.

There is no 6 month limit in one year.

You should get a single entry tourist visa that would give you a total stay of 90 days without leaving the country.

Hello

I plan to go to Kuala Lumpur from phuket to get a second visa exempt.

Do you know how long i have to stay out of Thailand to get this second visa exempt ?

Let's say i landed in KL wednesday at 21:00 and come back thuersday at 07:00 , it would be OK ?

That will be fine,you could turn around and go back as quick as you wanted.

I've been to Laos once for 2 minutes up at Tha Li border.

• Like 1

You may though depending on your circumstances encounter a problem boarding at KL if you are not in possession of a valid visa and have no proof of onward ticket/travel out of Thailand within the 30 days.

I have no experience of this at KL but have encountered problems at Heathrow in London.

Maybe others can give you more information about this potential issue.

That's assuming you don't have proof of onward travel.

I think its best to explain your situation with immigration or a consulate overseas and ask them what is the best for your situation. Australians can get a 30 day visa exempt or visa on demand for the first entry....after thta its a 15 day one so the tourist visa is your best bet.

I think its best to explain your situation with immigration or a consulate overseas and ask them what is the best for your situation. Australians can get a 30 day visa exempt or visa on demand for the first entry....after thta its a 15 day one so the tourist visa is your best bet.

It is always 30 days by air. By land it is 15 days.