Dental recommendation in Pattaya

Mikl777

Try the search function. There have been many threads about dentistry here over the years.

What sort of response is that? Why not be helpful to the guy?

There are only "many threads about dentistry here over the years" because people have helped others.

OP, I've been to these people many times over the past few years

Pattaya Smile Dental Clinic

www.dentalpattayabeach.com
Their English is pretty good, and their service and quality is great. Price (as far as I can compare) is very reasonable. They're directly opposite the Tucom building on Pattaya Tai Road. Note there are a couple with similar names almost beside each other so you'll need to make sure they're the ones.
Good luck.
Regards
TL

Try the search function. There have been many threads about dentistry here over the years.

There are only "many threads about dentistry here over the years" because people have helped others.

Indeed there are. And I have (helpfully) contributed to many of them.

I just dont see the point of repeating dribs and drabs of the same information unless there is something new to add.

So the OP should start with a search which will reveal a multitude of varied comments that he should find very interesting.

I would recommend Studio Smile -- Dr. Tapasit - he rec'd his dentistry training in the US and practiced there for 7 years. He speaks excellent English. For about 13 years he practiced at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya - when he left and opened his own clinic with some other dentists, many Expats here followed him to his new location. His clinic is next to the Dolphin Roundabout in North Pattaya -- info and map can be found on Studio Smile website: http://www.studiosmilethailand.com/OUR_DENTISTS.html

I would recommend Studio Smile -- Dr. Tapasit - he rec'd his dentistry training in the US and practiced there for 7 years. He speaks excellent English. For about 13 years he practiced at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya - when he left and opened his own clinic with some other dentists, many Expats here followed him to his new location. His clinic is next to the Dolphin Roundabout in North Pattaya -- info and map can be found on Studio Smile website: http://www.studiosmilethailand.com/OUR_DENTISTS.html

2nd that...

I just dont see the point of repeating dribs and drabs of the same information unless there is something new to add.

So the OP should start with a search which will reveal a multitude of varied comments that he should find very interesting.

I'm not understanding why you seem to know that there is nothing new to add?

I've just added a recommendation and so have others.

Good luck OP, I hope you find a good dentist. There are many in Pattaya, and the standard in general is quite high by any accounts I've heard from friends.

Regards

TL

So why bother replying if you have nothing to say. Is it so hard to refrain from a pointless chirp or maybe to be helpull.

I have several times tried the search engine with no success and have refrained from asking a question because of clever dicks like you

I'm sure any of the dentists in the Tukcom area can perform the basic procedures you are looking for. A check up and teeth whitening would be be bread and butter for any of them. I can recommend Dr Cherry at smile dental center, she's just completed 2 implants for me last week and I'm happy with the results.

http://www.dentalcenterpattaya.com/

There are 5 - 6 shops in this area but it's the blue shop across from Tukcom.

Just beware of dentists that over service and want to fill anything that looks like a cavity. The same goes the other way with under service...busy practices will want to get you out of the chair asap resulting in a half done job.

I just had my teeth zoomed, its a whitening system at Bangkok pattaya hospital it was on special offer from 15,000 down to 9,000 phone every month to see if its on special offer then go that's what I did I waited about 3.4 months to get it done cheap don't use a clinic they con you, dental work I always go to either Bangkok pattaya or international hospitals.

when the offer is on its on all of the branches of bkk/pattaya

The best advice I can give is look at the equipment. For advanced dentistry, if it looks about 20 years old, walk out. Adequate for simple fillings.

Thai dentists tend to recommend as much work as they think your wallet can stand, so it's a good idea to get an opinion in your home country as a cross-check.

Avoid dental practices promising same day implants like the plague. They don't tell you the failure rate is 40% to 50%. Properly done implants take about six months from start to finish, with a failure rate less than 5%.

I just had my teeth zoomed, its a whitening system at Bangkok pattaya hospital it was on special offer from 15,000 down to 9,000 phone every month to see if its on special offer then go that's what I did I waited about 3.4 months to get it done cheap don't use a clinic they con you, dental work I always go to either Bangkok pattaya or international hospitals.

when the offer is on its on all of the branches of bkk/pattaya

Please elaborate on what you mean by whitening system. Simple bleach and trays? I am interested in an effective whitening treatment that works and hopefully won't affect tooth sensitivity, which beaching can.

It's clear that he is the best but more expensive than others also....

Absolutely!!! I could not agree with Khun Soi Sanuk any more.

Dr. Tapasit has had a great education and practical experience in the United States before arriving here in Thailand to begin working as a dentist and as stated above Dr. Tapasit has had pretty much the best experience and reputation a dentist could receive here on the Eastern Seaboard.

His popularity and extensive patient list of expat executives and residence and vast experience working with foreigners on holiday in Thailand make him a most excellent choice for sure.

As well....he is a great family man and person to know as a friend.

Get a great dentist and a new friend!

It's clear that he is the best but more expensive than others also....

You are also correct.....and quite fortunately you always get more than you pay for with Dr. Tapasit at Studio Smile!

Edited by The Boz

I go to the dental center at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I had a motorcycle accident and had some facial and dental injuries. I had an implant done there this year and need some repair work done next year. They have an excellent dental staff there. I highly recommend them. It might be a bit more pricey but I go for quality above pricing with dental work. I don't want to worry about cleanliness or quality.

I'm surprised that no one has yet recommended Dr. Warin at Dental Care Center on Pattaya Klang. He seems to always show up on most "best dentist" lists. Check out his website for details:

www.pattayadentalcare.com

I will second the rec however note that he is closed until the 4th Jan and then fully booked until the 9th - or was last week.

I'm surprised that no one has yet recommended Dr. Warin at Dental Care Center on Pattaya Klang. He seems to always show up on most "best dentist" lists. Check out his website for details:

www.pattayadentalcare.com

I will second the rec however note that he is closed until the 4th Jan and then fully booked until the 9th - or was last week.

+1

So why bother replying if you have nothing to say. Is it so hard to refrain from a pointless chirp or maybe to be helpull.

I have several times tried the search engine with no success and have refrained from asking a question because of clever dicks like you

I did have something to say: I suggested that the OP should try the search function first.

Other posters in this thread seem to have tried it with some success so I dont see why it should not be within the grasp of everyone.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/882062-dental-recommendation-in-pattaya/#entry10244094

I would like to thank everyone that responded to my post. I did search previous posts but I nevertheless posted because this can be a fluid subject and especially in the health field, the more recommendations the better. I also find that when I travel, it is never possible to anticipate all the idiosyncrasies that might occur, making local expertise invaluable. The lack of warnings/advisories is in itself helpful.

Respectively, if you have not already found one I highly recommend the following as I have used her since 2009. I am from the USA (DC area) where there are lots of dental options but even prior to retiring to LOS, I would use her on my annual Thailand vacations.

Phone # 038-429-357

Her office is located just off of Pattaya Klang between Beach road and 2nd road.

She is extremely competent and isn't very pricey.

Regards

Dr. Warin, trained and accredited in USA,he was recommended to me 2+ years ago by another Aussie (who has lived in Pattaya for 8 years); used by many ex-pats from European countries too.

He will discus the options and is quick and efficient ... Phone 038720079