Domestic Flight Help- Straight After Arriving From England Please

Hi guys,i arrive around 6 30 pm on 22nd dec.from england via dubai

basically i am wanting a flight straight to chiang mai that evening 8pm onwards

whats the situation regarding domestic departures? is it similar to don muang,where as you can just purchase a ticket on one of the floors from one of airline counters(air asia,one to go etc)

are the ticket offices still close to the domestic check ins ?

btw i am also looking forward to not having the long walk that was at don muang :o

thanks in advance

whats the situation regarding domestic departures? is it similar to don muang,where as you can just purchase a ticket on one of the floors from one of airline counters(air asia,one to go etc)

btw i am also looking forward to not having the long walk that was at don muang :o

thanks in advance

From International Arrivals Level 2 go up moving ramps or lift to Departures Level 4 and go to left as you arrive on floor for Domestic. Ticket offices are along there but why not book before you travel online with Thai or Air Asia and get a cheap E ticket, you can even do it in the 3 hours wait at Dubai online.

My Airport Guide http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/index.htm

thanks in advance

Prior book the flight if you can with the flood situation in the country many ofthe buses are not running, the flights are likely to be busy :D

thanks in advance

Prior book the flight if you can with the flood situation in the country many ofthe buses are not running, the flights are likely to be busy :D

yes i heard about the flooding.but im not going for another 2 months.so should be fine then surely?

You want to fly on the Friday night before Christmas without a reservation? Good luck, because you'll need it! I realize Thailand is not a Christian nation, but still lot's and lot's of tourists are arriving that time for a break between Christmas and New Years. My guess is that all flights will be fully booked long before you get there. Absolutely I'd make a reservation and well in advance at that if I was flying at that time. For that matter, any Friday night I'd make a reservation as many Thais like to get away for the weekend and often the flights are fully booked even on just an average weekend.

You want to fly on the Friday night before Christmas without a reservation? Good luck, because you'll need it! I realize Thailand is not a Christian nation, but still lot's and lot's of tourists are arriving that time for a break between Christmas and New Years. My guess is that all flights will be fully booked long before you get there. Absolutely I'd make a reservation and well in advance at that if I was flying at that time. For that matter, any Friday night I'd make a reservation as many Thais like to get away for the weekend and often the flights are fully booked even on just an average weekend.

thanks for the advice

i have just booked a flight from england online.

i arrive around 7pm so have booked the thai airways flight at 22.30pm to c mai

thought best to book the last flight incase delayed getting to bk by a few hours.

thanks again,didnt want to risk just turning up and all the flghts gone!

Sad but true the Thai airways flight online cost 5750 baht return or £82 and Air Asia cost 1400 baht return on that time and day £20 return!. TIT. Sorry Foxy......

Well, there aren't any 1400 Baht seats available when I just checked now. the cheapest I saw was over 3,000 Baht, including taxes and fees. Maybe that 1400 Baht prices was without taxes and fees? Or you mistakenly were looking at one way? And that 3,000 Baht price can go up to over 4,000 Baht, depending on which fare you get. The cheapest fares are promotional fares which have just about every restriction you can think of. Also they only have a 15 kg. checked baggage allowance and seem to be quite strict about that, forcing you to pay some very hefty overweight charges if you're over the limit. Oh, and what would happen if they're eventually successful in their bid to move operations back to Don Muang? It would mean having to pay for a taxi to take you between the airports and a chance you might miss your flight. So you want to save 2,700 Baht, and be stuck with a ticket that cannot be changed or refunded, and has less baggage allowance, and forced into their horrible boarding process where everyone is pushing and shoving trying to be the first on the plane, and which you possibly might have to transfer to another airport to get, and which you'd have no recourse if you missed the flight? For some people it's a good deal. For other's it's a terrible deal. My personal preference is I'd stick with THAI.

Sad but true the Thai airways flight online cost 5750 baht return or £82 and Air Asia cost 1400 baht return on that time and day £20 return!. TIT. Sorry Foxy......

5750???

i paid 2600 baht(one way) last night with thai airways.travelocity.co.uk.about £35

will pay about 1500 to fly back to bk airport on around 20 jan with air asia or one two go.so all in all i think iv done ok for the time of the year

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

5750???

i paid 2600 baht(one way) last night with thai airways.travelocity.co.uk.about £35

will pay about 1500 to fly back to bk airport on around 20 jan with air asia or one two go.so all in all i think iv done ok for the time of the year

Hi CMF,

Why not upgrade to buisness class, this should then give you access to the buisness lounge, where you should be able to wait in a little more comfort, especially after the long flight.