We meet Pattaya KFC worker seen feeding foreign disabled customer

webfact

Yes, but let's consider how hard it must be getting-around in a wheelchair here!? It's like negotiating a bloody obstacle course when I go on my frequent long walks in Bangkok!

Good karma will no doubt be forthcoming to this young lady.

Having a wheelchair can be considered lucky in this part of the world. The majority of crippled/handicapped can't afford them.

Edited by tropo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't fake that kind of true concern for people.

I hope Karma repays her and the other co-workers' kindness soon and generously.

I think you can, if it is being performed by staff who have been instructed to and are being paid to do it... and then photos are posted on Facebook.

You can't fake that kind of true concern for people.

I hope Karma repays her and the other co-workers' kindness soon and generously.

I think you can, if it is being performed by staff who have been instructed to and are being paid to do it... and then photos are posted on Facebook.

Gee, I guess so, but it was nice to think that it was genuine. There was something about the staff chipping in to cover half his bill, but I guess that's just a lie or done for show too, huh?

Thanks for setting me straight on that, even if I feel worse now. Season's greetings to you too,

Edited by Inn Between

strange the way they do news theses days, I mean "lady helps guy in wheelchair", hardly news but I guess a nice story, but "news reporters meet lady who helped a guy in wheelchair", not newsworthy by any stretch of the imagination, save it for facebook

Edited by phycokiller

passifier.gif

Such cynical bitter and nasty people to make such horrible comments.

Get a life you sad lot.

​As to the comment re Thai working 'The few that do'…..From my experience both in Issan and Bangkok Thai people work very hard for long hours and a pittance amount of Baht.

Merry Christmas Humbugs!

Brilliant.. <3

I see many acts of kind heartedness from Thai people, and all people.

In so many ways it's a beautiful country .

I hope we can all take something from this and give random acts of kindness to those that are less fortunate.

How about KFC puts both those employees on a fast track management course so they may have a career - if they want it - and give them a bonus / pay rise.

Businesses can do very very well from this type of publicity and they should show their gratitude to their employees

How about KFC puts both those employees on a fast track management course so they may have a career - if they want it - and give them a bonus / pay rise.

Businesses can do very very well from this type of publicity and they should show their gratitude to their employees

So you never thought for a second this was done for publicity and they were told (by their boss) to do it for the photo op... which just happened to land in the local paper.

If that handicapped foreigner made it to Thailand, it's pretty certain he can either feed himself or has minders to feed him and he had more than enough money to pay for the food.

So you never thought for a second this was done for publicity and they were told (by their boss) to do it for the photo op... which just happened to land in the local paper.

If that handicapped foreigner made it to Thailand, it's pretty certain he can either feed himself or has minders to feed him and he had more than enough money to pay for the food.

You put the point before I did, the chaps who are in a wheelchairs usually have powerfull arms, and can feed themselves.

It's thanks to people like that I really love Thailand. I have had psoriasis sins I was 8 years old. Back home most people have avoided me and been scared of me because of it but here they just ask what it is, I just tell them that's it's "saket ngern" and then there are no more questions about it. For example I can't go for a massage back home because most massage therapists are afraid of it and here they just ask if they can use oil and ointments on my psoriasis!

So the acceptance and help many/most Thais are showing to us with any kind of disability or problem is one of the things that I love most about Thailand!

Soi Biker, I did not say anything of the sort, what I said was it's possible.

So you think he might have been pretending.

Why? Just for a laugh?

I just said "possibly". So you believe that all the begging that goes on is genuine?

Why? Just for a laugh? I don't understand this part.

You think it's possible that this guy was pretending to be disabled.

Why do you think he would do so? Because he found it amusing to make the girl feed him? Because he has a fetish for being hand-fed fried chicken?

Plenty of fetishes involve food. Being hand fed is one of them.

Disabled people can have fetishes too.

But I am NOT saying that this is what has happened here.

The rise of social media has given rise to a situation where the line between the genuine and the fabricated is very blurry….and certain people have achieved a diabolical proficiency in mastering the latter….i haven't bothered but if you see this pic on Facebook it will have at least a few hundred likes, since likes are the new social currency that informs your friends how caring and nice you are…..companies like kfc think that sort of social media circe jerk sells chicken wings. It doesn't…it creates a feel good vibe all around and after the 24 hour news cycle refreshes, they see what new social media stunt they can create.

Still, the photo shows what it shows….a nice gesture….far better than hammering farangs and looting them blind.

Edited by JHolmesJr

I'm sure most of us would be spoon fed if we turned up for meals without the full amount to pay! Being in a wheelchair is one thing not having enough money to pay for your food is another. I have Crohns disease but would never try to get a meal at half price because of it! I would go to 7/11 instead, plenty of cheap snacks their.

Because I suspect you were referring to tourist hot spot areas such as Bangkok and Pattaya not rural Phetchabun which is nowhere near Cambodia for a start and quite possibly somewhere you've never been.

Do you know the area well enough to distinguish the nationality of its disabled residents I ask ?

That would be a great test for the caring KFC staff - send in some poor and crippled Thais and/or Cambodians and see how well they are looked after. Get some nice photos of a hand feeding session and then call the reporters.

Im a bit puzzled.........the disabled man came on his own to KFC? If yes, hoe could he move his wc while not being able to feed himself? And then ordering a meal of 199 while having just 100?

Respect for the KFC lady, but strong doubts regarding the disabled.

Yeah, like how did a handicapped foreigner in a wheelchair turn up at KFC without a minder or money? Was he abandoned? People like that don't usually get around on their own.

At last the real face of the greater majority of Thai people, we are not all bad as you can plainly or wish to see.

This girl needs to be in the headlines for her act.

The really sad thing about this story is exactly that....how did you put it....

"This girl needs to be in the headlines for her act."

Has humanity and kindness become such a rare thing amongst us human beings, have we sunk so low that when it is observed in action it.... "needs to be in the headlines".

God help us all if that is the case....what should hit the headlines is when one of us refuses to show love and consideration to our fellow man.

This is one of the reasons I find myself becoming more and more "reclusive" the older I get.

It is exactly actions and kindness like this that need to be reported to remind us all of our humanity.

You put the point before I did, the chaps who are in a wheelchairs usually have powerfull arms, and can feed themselves.

He COULD have become disabled whilst living in Thailand.

Strong arms because of a wheelchair? I doubt Stephen Hawkins would have agreed with you.

As usual, certain posters always looking for the conspiracy theories.