It's about time ThaiVisa started its own transport service to Utapao Airport

thairookie

I shall recount my experience travelling from Pattaya to Utapao Airport.

I picked up a number posted by a TV member. The transport company is known The Crane Company (TCC). I actually saw their van parked at Utapao Airport and can confirm that the number given is the same as the number printed on the van.

For 3 days in Pattaya I called up TCC but nobody picked up the call. Likewise, nobody called back. So much for reliability.

Then I picked up another number given by a poster in Tripadvisor. According to the poster, if you fly by AirAsia you can call this number and there will be vans to pick you up at Central Festival (entrance directly opposition Baron Beach Hotel).

I called and a lady picked up the call. Later another chap by the name of Khun Somrat called me to confirm the date and time. I was happy because it would only cost me 250 baht.

On that fateful day, Khun Somrat failed to turn up at Central Festival. I called his mobile and he told me there was no booking from AirAsia. So what the poster in tripadvisor forum failed to mention was the van is only available if you book the AirAsia to Pattaya City flight, and not AirAsia to Utapao flight. If you book the flight to Pattaya City, AirAsia will arrange for Khun Somrat to pick you up at Central Festival.

It's about time ThaiVisa had its own transport service to Utapao Airport. I ended up paying 900 baht from Central Festival after the taxi driver quoted me 1,000 baht.