Where to get metalworking done in Pattaya?

Hal65

Weird question I know; I'm trying to have one of these made. It's called a trap bar and it's used for weightlifting:

dual-handle-trap-bar-web2-specs_1.jpg

Importing it from the US will cost me over 10,000 baht for a hunk of metal. Hopefully I can have it done here cheaper.

Edited by Hal65

Any little back street fab shop will knock one of these up for you, just take the drawing with dimensions required.

I'd suggest the motorbike sidecar fabricators on the railway road just before the SSCC junction (heading south) as your first port of call.

Thanks, glad to hear it. I live here but have no idea what area you are talking about (I am mostly in my little bubble around BR Soi 9). How could I get to the railway road and SSCC junction you speak of?

Thanks, glad to hear it. I live here but have no idea what area you are talking about (I am mostly in my little bubble around BR Soi 9). How could I get to the railway road and SSCC junction you speak of?

The railway road runs virtually parallel to Sukhumvit Rd, about 500m east of it for the most part.

The easiest way to get there would be on your own bike (or a motorbike taxi).

The quickest route at the moment (due to the Sukhumvit tunnel fiasco) would be to get on Highway 7 in central Pattaya, take the 1st exit off (this is then the railway road heading north), make a U-turn at the 1st junction and head back that way. Soi Siam Country Club road is the 1st crossroads that you come to.