digital TV signal problems

Naamblar2014

Does anybody know if the digital TV broadcast infrastructure is up and running at full power yet? I have pointed my antenna towards Sriracha and get good signal at night but pretty much nothing that is watchable at least, during the day. My antenna is good for 60km and I am only about 20-25 km from Sriracha. I have heard on the TV adverts giving advice all channels available 100% beginning Jan 1. So perhaps they are still testing currently and not at full power yet. Anyone have any ideas?

If you have a smartphone this service area app will pinpoint the closest transmitter and direction you need to point your antenna.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=esrith.nbtc.BRDC&hl=th

There's a web version somewhere too.

How big is your antenna, how high up is it?

We've found that pointing accuracy is important too, adjust direction for best signal quality across all the channels.

I tried the smartphone app says "service available in this area within February 2016"

post-2109-0-88142100-1451374666_thumb.jp

online incorrectly reports me as being North of Pattaya ( I'm in Na- Jomtien ) and says point at Bangkok tried that can get the analogue signals very very weakly but nothing on Digital.

My antenna is a samart model d7e. It is a small 4 prong which when I first tested only had at 2m. At this height it picked up 6 channels in the 594000khz region. After that I put it up around 6m. Then I was able to get all up 30 channels, although the previous 6 no longer worked but I was happy. Now if these are being got from Bangkok then that is surprising, but it explains why my reception is not consistent being around 100km from Bangkok. Too bad Sriracha is not due until February. I think I would have no problems if it were on. I thought I read somewhere earlier they were due online Nov 2015. Fence post keeps moving... I have tried pointing to Rayong but not much luck. Just switched back in the direction of Sriracha and now get signal intensity of 39% but signal quality is 100%. Not sure if it's signal from Sriracha or Bangkok. Will monitor the situation. Thanks for advice from all.