KODI live TV

bkkmick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Holmes. I have Genesis and I seem to have messed up Dexter - it won't let me register. It's stuck.

I'll look at UK Turk,

Cheers

First try this….

Go to the add ons list under system>addons>my addons>video addons> dexter

Using the contextual menu, bring up the configure button for dexter and click on 'default'….this restores all defaults.

Then clear cache and restart Kodi….get back into the Dexter contextual menu config page, enter your email and password and click ok.

Then try.

If it doesn't work, use TV Addons Maintenance Tool (if you have it)…unistal dexter, clear cache restart Kodi and instal dexter again.

Kodi is a frikkin pain but thats how it is.

Thanks Holmes. I have Genesis and I seem to have messed up Dexter - it won't let me register. It's stuck.

I'll look at UK Turk,

Cheers

I had the same problem with Dexter. I uninstalled and then installed again. When you reregister be sure to click on the link in the email they send. It arrived in my spam folder so I missed it at first.

I think the best add on for live UK TV is FilmOnTV. I never seem to have many buffering problems. I first saw Turks UK TV on NaviX but it always buffered too much so I ended up giving up on it until I saw it on FilmOnTV.

There is an app called UKTVnow, which you can install from Playstore.

Has quite a bit of UK channels and sports. Runs outside Kodi using mx player.

Edit: Correction, is not available from Playstore, but has to be downoaded from their website or Facebook. Google is your friend.

Edited by TheCruncher

there are 2 ways to get tv,movies etc on kodi, either install addons one at a time or install a ' build' whch comes with the addons preinstalled, look on youtube lots of stuff on there.

Yes before I was running black box is it ?

And now the kodisrael repository,lots of add ons from that.

Another way for real time TV is the iVue with i4atv addon, which still works OK for time being and for some reason gives more channels of schedule than FTVguide.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Hi send you a PM, but it seems you don't get a notifcation, to ask which addons you use to open the channels of Ivue.

I installed it and agree that it offers way more interesting channels as FTV guide, but many channels it ask me to choose stream, so maybe you could advise me there which addons I should integrate..

• 3 weeks later...

and there is the difference between the free FTV Guide and all the others, which will (all the other guides addons - NOT the FTV Guide) also most likely stop on about 01FEB16 as many did last weekend . so enjoy the few days you have left ..

The FTV Guide (there are 8 active and 1 custom guide in FTV Guide - press the "C" button and select settings as normal ) will continue to work and work ..

post-63721-0-83348800-1453342007_thumb.p

Edited by joncl

and there is the difference between the free FTV Guide and all the others, which will (all the other guides addons - NOT the FTV Guide) also most likely stop on about 01FEB16 as many did last weekend . so enjoy the few days you have left ..

The FTV Guide (there are 8 active and 1 custom guide in FTV Guide - press the "C" button and select settings as normal ) will continue to work and work ..

What is special about February 1? I indeed noticed that something serious is happening in the Kodi community since the start of this year, but I don't know the reason.

Edited by TheCruncher

lots of addon have disappeared this year, ivue has gone and been reinvented as ivue2, zeus has gone, genises has gone, lots of iptv stalker clones have stopped working.

I am on spinz tv build at the moment, everything work on that build they have renegades epg, working with israelive and others.

a lot of addons are going paid for such as dexter pro. ivu2 at the moment if free with a password, but i feel will go paid for or seriouly reduced access

lots of addon have disappeared this year, ivue has gone and been reinvented as ivue2, zeus has gone, genises has gone, lots of iptv stalker clones have stopped working.

I am on spinz tv build at the moment, everything work on that build they have renegades epg, working with israelive and others.

a lot of addons are going paid for such as dexter pro. ivu2 at the moment if free with a password, but i feel will go paid for or seriouly reduced access

Genesis is still up and functioning.

Genesis is still up and functioning.

Genesis has stopped developing months ago, it's just waiting for them to completely take it down.

I see that Jonci liked your post, so he must have seen my question to him, but fails to respond.

Can we take this is that his post was just a rumor?

I used to occasionally use the TVaddons version of Kodi and it seemed to work OK most of the time but lately it has become hard work to the point that I can't be bothered with it anymore!

It seems to have gotten bloated….you do need to maintain it every few days….delete cache folders, packages….general sprucing up.

Install the noobsandnerds community portal (use google for instructions)….they have a maintenance tool that will do the maintenance for you.

I used the Genesis addon because I could download and watch later. One reason for downloading was to watch at the weekend while I was back in the village, I am OK during the week as I have reasonable internet in the city.

Are there any similar addons to Genesis with the download feature or is there a better way to do it ? Thanks.

Kodi is a pain in the ass all round.

The easier, at least for me, is to go down the Roku path. I run both a US & UK Roku account boxes.

As for the UK one, it's all free and hassle free. Run either a VPN, DNS mask, or both on your router and it's seamless.

post-97442-0-10661900-1453451262_thumb.j

Kodi is a pain in the ass all round.

It is..if you don't know what you are doing.

TBH, many people aren't expert at it, myself included…but there are forums that make it very easy.

I have figured out enough to know that you don't need every add-on out there.

Pick a few good ones….genesis, 1 channel, ice films, salt, alluc, the royal we, entertainment hub, media torrent….that will do you for latest films and tv shows…all you need.

For free tv, there's dextertv, worldnewslive and turks playlists….but better to get a paid iptv subscription….far more reliable.

Avoid custom builds as the tv there will never work well…it might for a few hours and then get blocked.

Keep Kodi lean by doing regular maintenance (removing system gunk like package folders, cache, image thumb folders and the like) and it works very well.

I used the Genesis addon because I could download and watch later. One reason for downloading was to watch at the weekend while I was back in the village, I am OK during the week as I have reasonable internet in the city.

Are there any similar addons to Genesis with the download feature or is there a better way to do it ? Thanks.

I was under the impression that Genesis uses torrents.