KODI live TV

bkkmick

I used the Genesis addon because I could download and watch later. One reason for downloading was to watch at the weekend while I was back in the village, I am OK during the week as I have reasonable internet in the city.

Are there any similar addons to Genesis with the download feature or is there a better way to do it ? Thanks.

I was under the impression that Genesis uses torrents.

What is a torrent, is it a bad thing? The download from Genesis was an MP4 file.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kodi is a pain in the ass all round.

It is..if you don't know what you are doing.

TBH, many people aren't expert at it, myself included…but there are forums that make it very easy.

I have figured out enough to know that you don't need every add-on out there.

Pick a few good ones….genesis, 1 channel, ice films, salt, alluc, the royal we, entertainment hub, media torrent….that will do you for latest films and tv shows…all you need.

For free tv, there's dextertv, worldnewslive and turks playlists….but better to get a paid iptv subscription….far more reliable.

Avoid custom builds as the tv there will never work well…it might for a few hours and then get blocked.

Keep Kodi lean by doing regular maintenance (removing system gunk like package folders, cache, image thumb folders and the like) and it works very well.

I did a clean up but I find it slow going, 1% buffering, no link etc.. Is it the international gateway or maybe my ISP doing something? I don't use it much but do users require some kind of VPN? Any thoughts appreciated, Thanks.

TBH, many people aren't expert at it, myself included…but there are forums that make it very easy.

Pick a few good ones….genesis, 1 channel, ice films, salt, alluc, the royal we, entertainment hub, media torrent….that will do you for latest films and tv shows…all you need.

For free tv, there's dextertv, worldnewslive and turks playlists….but better to get a paid iptv subscription….far more reliable.

Avoid custom builds as the tv there will never work well…it might for a few hours and then get blocked.

Keep Kodi lean by doing regular maintenance (removing system gunk like package folders, cache, image thumb folders and the like) and it works very well.

I did a clean up but I find it slow going, 1% buffering, no link etc.. Is it the international gateway or maybe my ISP doing something? I don't use it much but do users require some kind of VPN? Any thoughts appreciated, Thanks.

Genesis is dead. Use Salts or 1Channel instead.

If you have the tvaddons maintenance tools, you will find an advanced settings tab in there….click on and install the one that says 'Tuxens' Settings….it helps alleviate buffering issues.

Myself No do not use a VPN on Kodi..

Have a play about with addons every so often look to see if there is anything better.. but don't need anything more.. Have Phoenix, Filmon, FYI Network, The Beast, and Hallmark Channels.

up to a point you only need Phoenix and or Filmon + another if your into Live sports

The Build I use is Andy's Build downloaded from kodimaster.com. It is fully loaded with Turs, FTV, Filmon and even has a section for British soaps. The repo is http://kodimaster.com/repo and just install the wizard and select andys build from the kodimaster builds section.

I installed this on the unit I received today. IT SUCKS. MOST of it does not work at all. Even the fix is broken. Maybe I will try again when the version 8 comes out and the channels have been tested.

The Build I use is Andy's Build downloaded from kodimaster.com. It is fully loaded with Turs, FTV, Filmon and even has a section for British soaps. The repo is http://kodimaster.com/repo and just install the wizard and select andys build from the kodimaster builds section.

I installed this on the unit I received today. IT SUCKS. MOST of it does not work at all. Even the fix is broken. Maybe I will try again when the version 8 comes out and the channels have been tested.

Yup…all the build suck when it comes to live tv….because they are trying to steal from the IPTV providers (who also steal their supply from the big tap)….the IPTV close the loophole and then the builds are useless.

I create my own build….everything I want…nothing I don't.

Really? It's been working fine for me all evening.

http://www.redeneobux.com/en/tutorial-como-instalar-install-download-addon-plugin-lambda-tv-genesis-xbmc-kodi/

I have Kodi 15.2 and the instructions on the link do not take me there. I can't even get lambda never mind genesis because when I go to install from zip i get a list of all my sd internal and external cards, no zip files or access to them by any link. Any help out there?

I have Kodi 15.2 and the instructions on the link do not take me there. I can't even get lambda never mind genesis because when I go to install from zip i get a list of all my sd internal and external cards, no zip files or access to them by any link. Any help out there?

Just instal the the fusion directory from tvaddons.ag (many tutorials on how to do it)

It comes with an add-on installer that definitely has Genesis and all the othe cool video add ons.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

http://www.redeneobux.com/en/tutorial-como-instalar-install-download-addon-plugin-lambda-tv-genesis-xbmc-kodi/

I suggest you read again.

Just instal the the fusion directory from tvaddons.ag (many tutorials on how to do it)

It comes with an add-on installer that definitely has Genesis and all the othe cool video add ons.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

And make your box in 1 time congested with hundreds of addons you will never use and others who are invalid already

Dont talk nonsense cruncher, you have no idea how it works....all the addons arent installed when you download the tv addons download installer.

Its like an appstore for kodi addons,...the addon only downloads when you click on one and it asks your permission for installation.

Sheesh.

So, after a good nights sleep I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled. Then I went to the tvaddons site and followed the instructions to install fusion from the website. If I was able to do it then hey, it wasn't that hard. Fusion was not on my list of options as I noted previously, so with a little research on the aforementioned site, everything was there that I needed. Thanks for the link.

So, after a good nights sleep I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled. Then I went to the tvaddons site and followed the instructions to install fusion from the website. If I was able to do it then hey, it wasn't that hard. Fusion was not on my list of options as I noted previously, so with a little research on the aforementioned site, everything was there that I needed. Thanks for the link.

No worries…tvaddons has all the good video add ons anyway….and they provide regular add-on updates….in the sidebar that pops out it's better to choose the option to be notified if there is an update instead of automatically installing.

Also, another good resource to have is the Noobs and Nerds Community Portal…..for it's maintenance tool. It's installed in a similar fashion to the fusion directory. You will be amazed how much cache junk it cleans out when I run it once a week (almost 200+MB).

http://120.24.252.100/forums/index.php?topic=4852.0

Kodi 15.2 is remarkably stable now and I'm loving it so far.

There is an app called UKTVnow, which you can install from Playstore.

Has quite a bit of UK channels and sports. Runs outside Kodi using mx player.

Edit: Correction, is not available from Playstore, but has to be downoaded from their website or Facebook. Google is your friend.

This is a reseller of the Filmon mentioned above.

Edit: Correction, is not available from Playstore, but has to be downoaded from their website or Facebook. Google is your friend.

I don't think it is a reseller of filmon, because I'm not aware of sports channels on filmon, and UKTVnow has lots of sports channels.

http://www.uktvnow.net/

Edited by TheCruncher

UKTV Now free last time I used it? I gave up after they took it off Kodi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dexter IPTV

Anyone using DexterPro as of late? It's a paid donation based service unlike Dexter, which I think is now defunct, and offers over 300 channels on Kodi or other platforms fro 4UKP/month.

Q. If you are using it, is it any good? When I tried I got unbearable buffering (live football unwatchable) on some channels whilst other channels were good.

I'm unsure if it is because I'm trying from the location I'm at? Waste of time complaining to the service provider as their service PR is poor, but the cost is minimal so guess I'll walk after just one month subscription if channels don't improve.

Edited by WorriedNoodle

Dexter IPTV

Anyone using DexterPro as of late? It's a paid donation based service unlike Dexter, which I think is now defunct, and offers over 300 channels on Kodi or other platforms fro 4UKP/month.

Q. If you are using it, is it any good? When I tried I got unbearable buffering (live football unwatchable) on some channels whilst other channels were good.

I'm unsure if it is because I'm trying from the location I'm at? Waste of time complaining to the service provider as their service PR is poor, but the cost is minimal so guess I'll walk after just one month subscription if channels don't improve.

My subscription ended just last week, although it was only 3 Pound I couldn't be bothered to renew it, because as you say lots of buffering and many channels not loading.

All they offer is available for free as well because they nick it from other sources, and as reliable / unreliable as Dexter, so why should you pay for it

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You have to remember that none of the sky channels are officially available in Thailand and with all things internet its only as fast as the slowest link in the chain
And Thailand still has a limited bandwidth to the outside world+ monitoring and censoring apparatus to slow things down even more.

28 minutes ago, Aquaman2016 said:

SportsDevil is currently very good. You can access Sky Sports direct, but if there are issues with the playback you can also access matches through alternative streams. I have been watching the cricket for the past 3 days without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks, the cricket was why i was playing with Kodi, what route are you using on sports devil for sky sports 2, is it HD quality? 

For years always watched F1 on  www.VIPBox.tv or www.VIPBoxsports.me, I did post on here some years ago... many said they were very bad sites and added loads of crap that could not be removed, had a number of bad personal messages...

I never had any problem with the direct website myself used it for many years,  now you can watch the same site via SportsDevil on Kodi

I never rely on just one place, another Free one is http://motorsports-stream.com/live/formula1-live-stream/channel-1/

there are many, both in Kodi and direct websites

Can only say about Motorsports and I watch many.... so guess it would be the same for any other type of sports.