Need help bringing tree back to life

csabo

Just as a begiining i would remove the string cord thatwill ringbark it and ensure that it does die. I would also reomve the aloe vera and transplant that into it own separate pot to remove competition..

I wouldo repot the plant into a separate , slightly larger pot with a good freedraining soil mixture . Then you will be able to concentrate on why it is defoliating .

How long has it been in that position since being taken from the nursery. It could very well be it is now in a position that it is not liking being the position that is so open to wind and pollution from the road. move it to a sunny sheltered position and see how it reacts.

lets us know how it goes in a few weeks.

That is clearly a Bougainvillea and these shrubs have one idiosyncrasy: The More you water them; the More they will lose their flowers; so "regular watering" is good, but not more than maybe twice a week !

This specimen is is dire need of re-potting to a substantially larger pot, or free ground.

Other than than; follow XEN's instructions and you will see an improvement very quickly.

402.gif402.gif402.gif

Completely cut back to the thick wood, repot into a slightly bigger pot, it’s very hard to kill these plants.

The ones in the picture were dug up out of open ground, roots trimmed, and cut back to the thick wood, not one branch left on, that was just over two months ago.

post-9958-0-54667500-1451888959_thumb.jp

post-9958-0-33012100-1451888979_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, repotted as open land was not an option. Also left it near the road which is where I bought it from so should not have mattered. Left the aloe as it was done by the guy I hired to repot and he said it was ok. Trimmed back a lot and stepped up the water a little bit. She is on her way back. Thanks for the help.post-200208-14533413272782_thumb.jpg