Immigration Airport Experiences 2016

Tywais

5 hours ago, hougourou said:

I need to renew my marriage visa (22 years and counting) within the next two weeks. This thread seems to have gone quiet for the last few months.  Any recent experiences?  Is 6 am still good for a queue number?  Are they still wanting the Kor Ror 2 marriage certificate?

Thanks for any inputs!

I did my marriage extension about two weeks ago. I arrived at about 06:25 and numbers were handed out about 07:00. I was too late. About 5 people in front of me were told all spaces were taken. Returned the next morning at 05:10 and this got me the second to last number which got us sat down with the immigration officer at about 16:00. 

Agents have their people queuing very early and they seem to take most of the spots. I would say aim for 5am and get in the correct queue. There are three queues with signs at the front saying what they cover. Marriage extension seems to be the one closest to the building. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So everyday queuing is a hassle because of these agents?????, or it just depends on the day and how many passports they have???? and then the people who queue on their own?????  

Mine is coming up and it seems the Marriage line/ Support Thai family member line is the only one everyone is referring to.  Last year was tough, so I would like to hear about experiences encompassing everyday M-F from different people. 

My belief is that the agents lead to a possible corruption factor and should be banned, unless servicing ones with medical excuses  or a person having a real family member to sit in for one. Just ridiculous as usual but I prefer to do it on my own accord.

Looking forward to hearing more stories of the new. . .

15 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

I did my marriage extension about two weeks ago. I arrived at about 06:25 and numbers were handed out about 07:00. I was too late. About 5 people in front of me were told all spaces were taken. Returned the next morning at 05:10 and this got me the second to last number which got us sat down with the immigration officer at about 16:00. 

Agents have their people queuing very early and they seem to take most of the spots. I would say aim for 5am and get in the correct queue. There are three queues with signs at the front saying what they cover. Marriage extension seems to be the one closest to the building. 

Thanks CNX and Mac for your inputs.  My wife got the KR 2 form from the CM Amphoe this morning--amazing that they could get  a copy of our marriage registration application whcih was done in Bangkok 26 years ago.  Apparently it's "online" now although it's not infallible and some folks have had to chase it down at the Amphoe where they registered their marriage.

So now all I need to do is get up in the middle of the night once or twice next week.  Oh well just once a year.  Some friends have used ringers, but I'll give it a try solo first.  Agents?  I can think of much better ways to spend 8,000 Baht!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2016 at 5:12 PM, Tywais said:

They do the same with reentry permits which is normally handled at Promenada. When you do your extension you can also do your reentry permit at the same time but only then. As for 90 day, sounds like the same exception.

This might be a stupid question, but how can they do a reentry permit for you if your new 1-year extension isn't ready yet - because the extension application has to be sent to Bangkok HQ and that takes a month. I thought I had to have the extension 100% finished before I could get a reentry permit. But I was wrong?

They do the same with reentry permits which is normally handled at Promenada. When you do your extension you can also do your reentry permit at the same time but only then. As for 90 day, sounds like the same exception.

This might be a stupid question, but how can they do a reentry permit for you if your new 1-year extension isn't ready yet - because the extension application has to be sent to Bangkok HQ and that takes a month. I thought I had to have the extension 100% finished before I could get a reentry permit. But I was wrong?

I do 1-year visa extensions based on marriage - and these application have to go to Bangkok HQ for confirmation, and that takes a month. Can I get a Re-entry Permit at the same time that I put in my application for a 1-year extension? I thought I had to wait a month until my extension was approved and stamped into my passport before I could get a new Re-Entry Permit... But I guess I was wrong?

I am very happy to be wrong in this instance.

I do 1-year visa extensions based on marriage - and these application have to go to Bangkok HQ for confirmation, and that takes a month. Can I get a Re-entry Permit at the same time that I put in my application for a 1-year extension? I thought I had to wait a month until my extension was approved and stamped into my passport before I could get a new Re-Entry Permit... But I guess I was wrong?

• 1 month later...

Just extended my marriage visa and the experience compared to last year was like night and day.

I got there way too early at 04:15, with there being 6 chairs in front of me taken by bags. I guessed paid queue sitters.
I spent the next 2+ hours talking with a Chinese student studying in Chiang Mai who wanted to practice his English.
At 04:40 a bus full (about 40) of Chinese CMU students in uniform arrived. A staff member arrived at 06:40 and thankfully processed my queue first. It turned out that I was the only marriage extension with those in front and the guy behind being business. I was given number 423 and told to be there for 08:30.

We arrived as requested, with over-flow car parking available at the spa over the road. The office, although virtually full of the Chinese students, had comfortable seating and working air conditioning, so no having to endure extreme body odour events as before. The first number called was 421, quickly followed by 422, then our 423, because those agency clients had not arrived yet. This confirmed that agents are allocated numbers prior to the queue, as I suspected from last year's observations.

We were handled by a pleasant guy from the south in a relaxed, even laid back way, rather than the bureaucratic, I'm it way of the previous women. Last year we had to make 2 trips, as I had no choice but to let my previous visa lapse and obtain a new one upon my return from the UK, meaning I was processed as a new marriage, needing an up-to-date KR2 from the Amphur. I asked then if I would need a KR2 in the future and was told 'no'. Not wishing to have another 2 day event, we visited the Amphur yesterday and got a new KR2, just in case, and, of course, it was asked for. I had only made one copy of it and in the past this would have meant my wife running to the copy shop, but the officer strolled off and made a copy himself. He accepted photos showing our address and also of us inside the house, which last year was not needed. At the end I asked him about the KR2 and he said it is required, but an original is OK as they do not expire.

He said he was the only officer handling marriage extensions because they don't get many now. Obviously a result of the other offices being opened in Lampang, Lamphun, etc.

It took about an hour with the officer, then the usual 30-40 minute wait for the sign-off and passport return, with the photo being taken during the wait.

• 1 month later...

As this is my very first post, i would like to thank all users for their efforts in providing lots of useful information on this website,

thank you very much everybody !

Here is my question:

As i have to renew my Non-Immigrant-ED Visa soon, i have phoned Immigration yesterday and got told that all services have moved to Promenada.

I have been doing my ED-Visa at Airport-Immigration for years already, have they truly moved ED-Services to Promenada now?

Again, thank you very much! 

To make it more clear, i will rephrase my question:

Have Airport-Immigration Visa-ED Services moved to Promenada?

As i have to renew my Non-Immigrant-ED Visa soon, i have phoned Immigration yesterday and got told that all services have moved to Promenada.

Can anyone confirm this information?

If so, i would also like to know where exactly at Promenada ED-Visas are processed.

Thank you very much!

53 minutes ago, Monkol said:

To make it more clear, i will rephrase my question:

Have Airport-Immigration Visa-ED Services moved to Promenada?

Can anyone confirm this information?

If so, i would also like to know where exactly at Promenada ED-Visas are processed.

Thank you very much!

Yes, the Airport Immigration Office is now closed, with all services moving to Promenada wef 6th December.

NOTEINSTIEN

" If so, i would also like to know where exactly at Promenada ED-Visas are processed. "

At the main entry doors to the Immigration Office you will see several rows of stool for those waiting to sit on.

Each row has a sign at the front stating what that row is for, "90 Day Report", "Retirement Visa", "Education Visa" etc.

When you think you have found the correct row chat to somebody in that row to make sure you have the right one, oh and bring a book to read!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all and Happy New Year....I need to renew my marriage visa soon,so if anybody did it recently,I would appreciate any info...what time need to show up to get processed,any new requirements for paperwork etc.

Thanks in advance...

33 minutes ago, funcat said:

Hi all and Happy New Year....I need to renew my marriage visa soon,so if anybody did it recently,I would appreciate any info...what time need to show up to get processed,any new requirements for paperwork etc.

Thanks in advance...

Now done at the Imm. Promenada office.  Excellent report of recent experience here:

31 minutes ago, funcat said:

Thanks in advance...

Well the big change is that you will need to go to Promenada.....

However, as they now get few marriage extensions, no need to get there before opening time.

They require a copy of KR2, but your original is OK.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Hi there,  i need to extend my business visa tomorrow.

This is still done at the Airport office ?

Thanks for your answer.

Never mind , just visited Promenade and its there.

Only question i have now is that they put a sign on Que 9 am till 11 am for residence certificate.

This means for business there is not Que any more , or i just go at 9 am ?

3 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Only question i have now is that they put a sign on Que 9 am till 11 am for residence certificate.

This means for business there is not Que any more , or i just go at 9 am ?

If it'll help, here's the sign - which relates only to residence certificates:

PromenadaImmigrationUpstairs1.jpg

On 3/12/2017 at 5:56 PM, terminatorchiangmai said:

Will go there tomorrow at 9 and see , otherwise i have a one day overstay which i can live with.

Don't think it will be to busy for business visa extension.

Thanks

Update , they start handing out the Que numbers at 08:30.

Yesterday there was a guy in front of me with 6 passports , he had 4 kids so no more numbers left for me.

Today i went at 8:15 ,with a one day overstay , only me for business visa Que number 1.

Start to like the Promenada Immigration  now.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, Atum said:

No... I wanted the same, and queued like a good boy from 4.30am. Got the Marriage 1st month and then queued for the re-entry! Cannot! Come back in a month... good job it JUST fits in with my travel arrangements! So NO re entry for a month after applying for a marriage extension!

Archived