1,304 vehicles impounded from drunk drivers

rooster59

'Also on Dec 31, the authorities found 2,362 violations of the ban by vehicles for public transport and private cars. Altogether 27 cars were impounded and 2,104 drivers charged with violation of traffic law'

Give yourself a big hand boys another successful crackdown....

Oh hang on a minute, 2,362 offences with car drivers over the limit and 27 cars impounded....

Hhmmm surely they cannot be calling this a victory can somebody cleverer than me work out what the %age of drivers to cars off the road is.....

So how many cars do they impound in your country?

I can tell you exactly how many drivers would be banned from driving for a year if they are caught drink driving in the UK- 100%

I can tell you how many will also receive fines and points on their licenses - 100%

I can tell you how many of the 100% will also have an increase in their insurance premiums - 100%

How many of the 100% would be allowed to get back in their car and carry on with their journey whilst over the limit not 100% this time - 0%

There really are some completely retarded statements on this board from supposedly educated people.....

Of the 2,362 car drivers pulled up for being over the limit guess what, all 2,362 would be charged and if it was found any of them had done this previously they would be looking at a possible prison sentence, how many of the 2,362 the Thai's are proudly proclaiming they have caught over the limit will receive a ban do you reckon, 100%, 50%, 0%.....

you tell a lot but avoid the question

Mhhmm, yes sorry about that I had thought that most people could see the need for impounding is unnecessary in a country with a rule of law and good policing, my mistake...

To answer your question more clearly for you there will probably be no car's impounded, here's why...

The reason for this is none of the drivers over the limit will be allowed to carry on with their journeys or be allowed to carry on driving their vehicles until they have sobered up so in a way it is short term impounding I guess but not in the way the Thai's are doing it, also I believe all the people will already have been arrested and taken to the Police station for a more advanced test than the roadside one

They will then be allowed to continue driving (once sober!!) until their court case which will then hand down a minimum 1 year ban though I have been informed the usual first time conviction actually results in an 18 month ban, the fines, points, criminal record and so forth

Once they have been banned they are no longer covered by insurance if they are caught again their car can be seized and crushed for driving without insurance and they will also probably get the ban lengthened and maybe even jail time, clear enough?

Edited by mark131v

Just look at the photo with people sitting in the back of the ute. I'll bet they drove off from the check point exactly the same.

Add all the unlicenced kids driving motorbikes, therefore uninsured, some with pillion passengers, unroadworthy and with no idea of road rules.

Thai's have no realistic value of life, even their own and until they enforce all roads rules, this is just all for show.

The land of pretense and short minded thinking.

You are absolutely spot on, the kids driving m/bikes with no road sense, or training, or helmets is absolutely ridiculous, and the police do ABSOLUTELY

nothing!!!!!. The bikes are more like a missile in their hands. They go to school, two or three up, I'm surprised that there are not more fatalities involving

children.So the police are congratulating themselves on a 'once a year' crackdown, Well good for you!!!. Get out on the bloody streets and patrol like any

normal police force