Tips for working on a Thailand related website and privacy?

flyDelight

Non-profit, public service related website hosted in my home country, anonymous whois, I live in Thailand and don't want to be tracked via the website or either via me working on it. Any technical tips? Depending on the options I will decide if I will start this project or forget about it.

Edited by flyDelight

The main advice would be don't post, or allow to be posted, any content that is against the law including but not limited to criticism of the military or royal family. If you are non controversial there's little incentive to trace you.

You can make the trace very difficult but not impossible.

I don't understand. What is your concern here? It's a website outside of Thailand. Are you posting something there you think the Thai government wouldn't like?

Use a bit your imagination about the thousands topics that could/would upset the Thai Government ...

I don't understand. What is your concern here? It's a website outside of Thailand. Are you posting something there you think the Thai government wouldn't like?

Use a bit your imagination about the thousands topics that could/would upset the Thai Government ...

Then obviously it is sensible not to upload anything that goes against the grain with the Thai government. Otherwise it`s jailbait.

Then obviously it is sensible not to upload anything that goes against the grain with the Thai government. Otherwise it`s jailbait.

There are technology available to minimise your internet footprint and to make it harder or virtually impossible for anyone to identify where your traffic is coming from.

To ensure you stay anonymous, you might also have to change your internet/browsing behavior ... obviously don't login to the sites with your real name ...

Generally speaking, Tor aims to solve three privacy problems:

First, Tor prevents websites and other services from learning your location, which they can use to build databases about your habits and interests. With Tor, your Internet connections don't give you away by default -- now you can have the ability to choose, for each connection, how much information to reveal.

Second, Tor prevents people watching your traffic locally (such as your ISP) from learning what information you're fetching and where you're fetching it from. It also stops them from deciding what you're allowed to learn and publish -- if you can get to any part of the Tor network, you can reach any site on the Internet.

Third, Tor routes your connection through more than one Tor relay so no single relay can learn what you're up to.

Good Luck!

+ Are you doing development On-Line? Are you doing a blog, using Wordpress? If you are doing

development on-line, there might be a concern.

+ Are you using Dreamweaver or an "off-line" development tool? EXAMPLE: I use Dreamweaver MX

as an Internet development tool. Off-line. Then FTP upload the new web site. Fast and easy.

You can upload the new web site from an Internet Café to you host account. Easy.

So there is no revenue stream? It's "truly" non-profit? Correct?

Confused as to why you are doing and then have a "concern".

Best of luck to you.

Good Luck!

+ Are you doing development On-Line? Are you doing a blog, using Wordpress? If you are doing

development on-line, there might be a concern.

+ Are you using Dreamweaver or an "off-line" development tool? EXAMPLE: I use Dreamweaver MX

as an Internet development tool. Off-line. Then FTP upload the new web site. Fast and easy.

You can upload the new web site from an Internet Café to you host account. Easy.

So there is no revenue stream? It's "truly" non-profit? Correct?

Confused as to why you are doing and then have a "concern".

Best of luck to you.

Hi, it will be on the WordPress framework. Not a blog but a bi-langual Thai/Eng service type website with additional short business news items, probably also a classifieds section, web index etc. First it will be non-profit but at some point may start create a passive income, although monetizing is not my goal.

Weekly updating can be done from anywhere or behind a privacy wall but since the site will be in the picture as a publicly known website.

Would prefer to work on it on legal base, also so I can publicly interview people, take photos etc. but not sure if I can the right docs/visa, that's the main point. Did not talk with my lawyer yet though.

If I can't find a legal way to work on the site not sure what to do. The public work like interviews I can get done by a local friend also, and use a vpn via my home country, but I stay almost permanently in Th. and just want to stay safe. Perhaps best to have a chat with my lawyer first for the legal options.

Regards