Filling A New Swimming Pool?

stickyb

i need to fill up a new swimming pool. The last attempt, arranged by the pool builder, was a disaster as the tanker delivered what i found out wasa ground or well water, which went very black with a heavy sediment on adding chlorine.

Now need to try again having drained and cleaned the pool.

Can anyone tell me of a source of water, not ground water, that i can use, that wold be cheaper than just filling from the house supply.?

Thanks

i need to fill up a new swimming pool. The last attempt, arranged by the pool builder, was a disaster as the tanker delivered what i found out wasa ground or well water, which went very black with a heavy sediment on adding chlorine.

Now need to try again having drained and cleaned the pool.

Can anyone tell me of a source of water, not ground water, that i can use, that wold be cheaper than just filling from the house supply.?

Thanks

So what's wrong with using your household supply unless your pool is really big? You can test the water to see if it's OK before filling the pool. How much do you pay for your water? In our village it's 10 baht per unit ( 1000 litres ) so an average pool is only going to cost 1000/2000 baht. Much cheaper than having to keep draining off water you have no idea of the source. When I have to top my pool up during dry days I always put the hosepipe directly into the filter outlet so the "new" water goes straight to the filter before entering the pool. Probably best if you leave your filter running continuous for the first few days to be on the safe side.

The problem you had of black water in a new simming pool is common. What is not common is your pool builder's inability to clean the water. By cleaning the water (even if it was pitch black) the pool builder shows that the pipes, pumps and filters are working properly and are adequate to cope with the size of your pool.

There could be a variety of reasons for the problem but chlorine is unlikey to be one of them afterall it is what you put in the water to clean it.

You should bill the pool builder for the extra water and if he can't do it the second time get some in who knows what they are doing and deduct their fees from the money you owe the pool builder.

So what's wrong with using your household supply unless your pool is really big? You can test the water to see if it's OK before filling the pool. How much do you pay for your water? In our village it's 10 baht per unit ( 1000 litres ) so an average pool is only going to cost 1000/2000 baht. Much cheaper than having to keep draining off water you have no idea of the source. When I have to top my pool up during dry days I always put the hosepipe directly into the filter outlet so the "new" water goes straight to the filter before entering the pool. Probably best if you leave your filter running continuous for the first few days to be on the safe side.

Yes, it does seem rather strange, unless he is not connected to city water. I have a pretty big pool and when it was filled last year I don't remember the bill being more than a thousand odd baht.

Of couse the pool builder should be completely responsible for delivering a pool, full of clean water that works properly in every way before the OP should pay the bill.

If he has to keep the pool filled from water tankers he may have quite a problem. :o

Water for normal use, drinking washing and putting on the garden is of a lesser quality than treated swimming pool water, as you usually use it once. Pool water is used for some time.

When filling a pool it is common to get a variety of crud out of the water, when I did handovers for pool builders we used the less than perfect water as a lesson for the new pool owner.

I am surprised the pool builder has not sorted it out prior to the final handover. The final handover is a pool filled with clean balanced water (correct pH, chlorine level, total alcalinity), it is where they explain how the things work and give you the wanantee information any thing that happens after that is your headache. Most builders here (Western Australia) will leave the smallest amount of chemical they can buy for the owner when they hand over the finished pools to the new owner.

If you want a quick lesson on pools and how they vary with time and use ask here or PM me.

Water turning black after adding chemicals to a newly filled pool is very common in Pattaya - I guess its due to the high iron content - when you look at a small sample, the water is actually red not black. Its easy to sort it out - just phone someone like Home & Pool and hire their drum filter system for about 600 baht day and leave it running until the pool is crystal clear. The drum filter is excellent because it traps all the reddy black muck and you simply wash out the drum filters maybe twice a day with a regular garden hose. The main pool filters should also be running while this is on and in 48 hours your pool will look great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...