Which insect/animal is responsible?

Chuckles78

Looks similar to bat's 'droppings' -- splashes of something quite liquid

Are the marks below a place where the bat or bats could be perching (at night)? Look for the bats early in the morning, at daybreak. If you see them, make them unwelcome by dislodging them with a long stick. If they persist, there are other remedies. Bats can become a real pest around buildings that they take a fancy to. Depending on the type of bat, they can carry infections that are risky for humans and especially children.

Look also below the possible perching places for debris such fruits or nuts that they may discard and let drop after sucking it. If there's such debris it will help to confirm that the problem is bats. (The almond-like fruits of the 'sea almond' tree are one of their typical foods in this region, mangos also).

If it is bats, there will also soon be a tell take stench.

Saw this article if they are bats: bat guano

Just a word of caution about droppings. They can carry a fungus known to cause Histoplasmosis. Don't breathe the feces and avoid contact with them.

We would have never thought about bats but now that you mention it we are certain as the splatters are the same (also hard to get off) and we have the hard bat droppings everywhere in our garden.

Unfortunately my young son being curious as he is has picked up some of the droppings and even attempted (may have succeeded) in putting one in his mouth.

He has been sick with flu like symptoms so we are taking him back to the bangkok hospital tomorrow to check against this bat disease just to be sure.

Just a word of caution about droppings. They can carry a fungus known to cause Histoplasmosis. Don't breathe the feces and avoid contact with them.

We would have never thought about bats but now that you mention it we are certain as the splatters are the same (also hard to get off) and we have the hard bat droppings everywhere in our garden.

Unfortunately my young son being curious as he is has picked up some of the droppings and even attempted (may have succeeded) in putting one in his mouth.

He has been sick with flu like symptoms so we are taking him back to the bangkok hospital tomorrow to check against this bat disease just to be sure.

Odd, because the balcony hand rail is clean and you haven`t shown below the post on the floor. Is there stains on there too?

Noticed on the roof of the house opposite there are pigeons, but it doesn`t look like bird droppings or bat droppings or any animal droppings. It seems to be that someone has tried to throw some substance off the balcony and some of it has splashed onto the post.

Odd, because the balcony hand rail is clean and you haven`t shown below the post on the floor. Is there stains on there too?

Noticed on the roof of the house opposite there are pigeons, but it doesn`t look like bird droppings or bat droppings or any animal droppings. It seems to be that someone has tried to throw some substance off the balcony and some of it has splashed onto the post.

I had it on other walls too. Also on the floors.

post-218758-14518648145908_thumb.jpg

Well i was at the Docs today and my son should be ok.

Seems people with immune deficiencies or hiv infected people are highest at risk, plus mainly bats from caves are infected with the disease. But be careful cleaning this sh*t up anyway!

Glad your son will be OK. (I just refreshed my self on the Web about all the terrible things that can follow from picking up some of the bat-related infections -- not pleasant.) I hope you're successful in making the bats unwelcome in future.

and first and foremost, never smoke them.

and first and foremost, never smoke them.

Wife and Mother used to eat em when they were younger, she said they used to catch them then throw them on the fire..........mm lovely

Well i was at the Docs today and my son should be ok.

Seems people with immune deficiencies or hiv infected people are highest at risk, plus mainly bats from caves are infected with the disease. But be careful cleaning this sh*t up anyway!

Glad to hear your boy is OK. If gets a craving for hanging upside down when going to bed, take him straight back to the doctor.coffee1.gif

Looking at the picture you could just about predict the point of origin of the "squirt" if that's what the offending creature does when defecating.

That 300mm x 300mm white post has tell-tale fecal squirts on both faces, rolleyes.gif and their shape has a trailing tail showing the direction of travel and the marks on the railing are simple blobs having just fallen there, and on the floor too.

Looks like there's a roosting place right above where the pic was taken so do the marks on the other wall add to this theory?

Imagine using a water pistol from the same suggested roosting place, and getting the similar results?

Q. -- Aren't bats nocturnal so wouldn't they roost there during the day so wouldn't you see it/them?

Or if not; Is there a night time light there that attracts insects that they feast on?

They usually live in noisy colonies so would two be the minimum at your house?

Maybe another creature is diurnal and just sleeps there at night?

Q-- What does Tokere(?) gecko droppings look like? You would surely hear their loud call. They are big enough to make a big droppings if indeed they are wet ones.

Good luck and hope this helps you "Chuckles".

P.S. Worth a chuckle >> It would be in the best interests of bat-design to "squirt" when defecating considering they roost upside down. rolleyes.gif

Also-- You know what a flat battery is but did you know that "bat flattery" is the sweet nothings that a he-bat utters to a she-bat when hanging there.

Edited by Jing Joe

Looking at the picture you could just about predict the point of origin of the "squirt" if that's what the offending creature does when defecating.

That 300mm x 300mm white post has tell-tale fecal squirts on both faces, rolleyes.gif and their shape has a trailing tail showing the direction of travel and the marks on the railing are simple blobs having just fallen there, and on the floor too.

Looks like there's a roosting place right above where the pic was taken so do the marks on the other wall add to this theory?

Imagine using a water pistol from the same suggested roosting place, and getting the similar results?

Q. -- Aren't bats nocturnal so wouldn't they roost there during the day so wouldn't you see it/them?

Or if not; Is there a night time light there that attracts insects that they feast on?

Q-- What does Tokere(?) gecko droppings look like? You would surely hear their loud call. They are big enough to make a big droppings if indeed they are wet ones.

P.S. Worth a chuckle >> It would be in the best interests of bat-design to "squirt" when defecating considering they roost upside down. rolleyes.gif

Also-- You know what a flat battery is but did you know that "bat flattery" is the sweet nothings that a he-bat utters to a she-bat when hanging there.

There is bushland/forrest/swamp to one side of my house so perhaps they are hiding in those trees but im not going in there thats for sure!

Or they could be coming from further away. I heard there are caves here somewhere in Hua Hin.

Several of my walls are squirted so perhaps they hang off my guttering.

They like to nest in roof eaves and ceilings. I doubt this is coming from bats in the bushes. They are in your eaves/ceiling and probably a lot of them. They don't nest outside if there is a nice shelter nearby.

With time bad odor will come and if no action taken eventually the guano will soak through parts of your ceiling requiring whole ceiling to be replaced.... I speak from bitter experience.

You need to get rid of them, and it is not easy as they are extremely stubborn once they have decided to live somewhere. Based on my 2 year battle, during which I tried everything, the only things that work are:

1. Put some sort of strong mesh over the space where they are getting in. When you do this, be sure to nail it down after sundown as they will be out. If you completely secure it in daytime they'll be trapped inside. If need be you can secure part of it in daylight but leave a good opening until nighttime. They fly out at dusk and return just before dawn.

2. Install lighting up in the relevant part of the ceiling. They only like to nest in dark places.

There is bushland/forrest/swamp to one side of my house so perhaps they are hiding in those trees but im not going in there thats for sure!

Or they could be coming from further away. I heard there are caves here somewhere in Hua Hin.

Several of my walls are squirted so perhaps they hang off my guttering.

Good luck Chuckles. Was surprised to learn of some nasty snakes in the bush near my in laws in Bkk.

An after thought;- wouldn't happen to be frogs eating insects and squirting?

Edited by Jing Joe

They like to nest in roof eaves and ceilings. I doubt this is coming from bats in the bushes. They are in your eaves/ceiling and probably a lot of them. They don't nest outside if there is a nice shelter nearby.

With time bad odor will come and if no action taken eventually the guano will soak through parts of your ceiling requiring whole ceiling to be replaced.... I speak from bitter experience.

You need to get rid of them, and it is not easy as they are extremely stubborn once they have decided to live somewhere. Based on my 2 year battle, during which I tried everything, the only things that work are:

1. Put some sort of strong mesh over the space where they are getting in. When you do this, be sure to nail it down after sundown as they will be out. If you completely secure it in daytime they'll be trapped inside. If need be you can secure part of it in daylight but leave a good opening until nighttime. They fly out at dusk and return just before dawn.

2. Install lighting up in the relevant part of the ceiling. They only like to nest in dark places.

Thats freaky. I'm not sure if there is an opening anywhere in my roof but I will check it out if I can get up that high. There is a door in my ceiling leading to the roof space so guess I'll try that first.

Most of the houses in my estate are built similar so could be a neighbour that had an opening too. Some of my neighbours also have these markings.