New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A litte bit off topic but what are these 0-60 & 0-100 mph times "slow" compared to a Tesla P90D thumbsup.gif

This is the result of WRX factory upgrade that doesn't invalidate anything .....About 3500$ U.S.

That's a 7 million baht car.. What's your point?

His point is that a 7 million baht car is exactly the same as a 1 million baht car.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!

Edited by Don Mega

If I put drag radials on my 200k baht a31 cefiro with the 2jz turbo engine I could keep up with almost all performance cars for sale in Thailand in terms acceleration, but my car is a piece of crap otherwise. It's the whole package and driving experience not just acceleration times.

What ?

Sorry about my English.

Again

In Subaru can do some up power by software and its cover guaranty in some country;)

So its mean .

How brand trusts the self quality of products.

So it is a factory upgrade. ?

Not. Its from brand soft. Different market different soft.

As example i update software on wrx 2004 (not in dealer) after fire engine. Come to dealer(guess need pay for new) but dealer change for free( see be soft update)

And subaru dealer some times can do self with guaranty.

And one more thinks not evry time soft from factory its best.

On my subaru sti 2008 factory soft

gave a poor mix of fuel at top rps engine , causing detonation and destroyed a piston engine , at 9000 on ODO.

So my point if on Civic(or another model) only soft different for Thaimarket why cancel guaranty if change for another software from brand?please no need say about fuel.

In thai have 95 and super 95.

Maybe we could return to the Thread Topic

The thread topic that has the title of "Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand"?

Kinda pointless getting back on topic as clearly Thailand is getting the turbo engine.

Getting back on track with the "Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand"?

I would like to know who is contemplating buying this 1.5 turbo ?

I was all set on getting the 1.8 EL but something keeps telling me to wait for the 1.5 turbo.

I can see 140,000 extra is a lot but convinced myself its worth paying the extra but dont think i will be paying even more for the rs version with paddle shift as thats the only extra i want.

Dont need the sat nav or the passenger seat belt reminder and 100,000 extra for the RS seems steep.

I understand its going to have a few better accessories

Out of everyone buying which model are you going for?

Getting back on track with the "Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand"?

<snip>

Out of everyone buying which model are you going for?

I'm very seriously contemplating it and was going to post my personal arguments between the 1.5 and 1.5RS. I'm not sure the 100k justifies it for me. From the list I posted before about the RS extras.

1. - Full LED headlights (I don't drive at night anymore so not relevant to me)
  2. - Fog lights with LED (Same as 1)
  3. - The front bumper, front grille and sporty RS. (Non functional cosmetics, at my age prefer the more classic look now) smile.png
  4. - Wing rear spoiler with brake light LED. (If I go for the 1.5 may add this from the Modulo options)
  5. - 17-inch alloy wheels with tires 215/50 R17 (limited edition Turbo RS). (May change the alloys either way)
  6. - Controls on the steering gear Paddle Shift. (Really would like this as my 2.0 has it. Don't use it a lot but very handy when I do want it such as overtaking, or driving in the mountains)
  7. - Auto-dimming rearview mirror. (See 1 above)
  8. - Accelerator and brake pedal sport. (A big negative for me and if going with the RS will see if I can have them replaced with standard rubber pedals)
  9. - Navigation System Navigation System (Not important as it has a HDMI port that I can plug my smartphone into as I have navigation software on it for the rare times I want it)
  10. - Playback corners sight Honda LaneWatch. (This is Thailand, not terribly useful and may get in the way in terms of where and how I usually drive)
  11. - Airbags, two lateral positions. (This I would really like to have)
  12. - Curtain airbags second position. (See 11)
  13. - The front passenger seat belt reminder system. (Not critical as I'm generally the only passenger plus my wife always uses the belt without my asking)

Looking forward to other comments.

Well i can justify buying the 1.5 turbo but not the RS.

Out of the list on Tywais post i would like to have

1,2,3,4,6 but not sure thats worth 100k

Anyone know when it will be out?

I am told just before songkran by the honda dealer but i was thinking nearer May?

Think i will get it in white.

Wished they had a few other colours always seems the same colours here.

One thing I forgot and is Colors. What color(s) are you considering?

Black - We all know the issues with this, heat and maintenance headache. But it does look fantastic when clean.

White - 2nd choice as it will match my wife's new Vios and would look cool in our parking area. Issues again are dirt but scratches are less noticeable.

Dark metallic grey (sales girl called it black-grey). Exact same color of my current version so ready for a change.

Silver - blahh, generic though is a good compromise for heat and dirt.

Cosmic Blue - this is the one that is top contender for me.

One thing I'm not happy about and only black interiors. I got lucky and have a rare interior only available on the top 2.0 at the time. Dark blue with grey trim.

post-566-0-71497200-1458122903_thumb.jpg

One thing I noticed that may minimize the need for the paddle shifters and it has PRNDSL shift points. D for normal drive, S to emulate in the CVT computer 2nd gear, and L to emulate the Low or 1st gear. So that may handle at least my issues with driving in the mountains and overtake pickup speed.

Have just picked up a Ranger (albeit it is a project so not driveable at the moment) so am thinking of dumping the Vigo (dont need 2 pickups) and grabbing one of these little turbo machines, would make a much better daily driver than the old clonker.

Edited by Don Mega

Well Don mega i am nearly in the same situation as you i have a vigo which wont get used much when i buy a new car and my wife was going to get the basic 1.8 civic but if it has the 1.5 turbo will i drive the pick-up much?

Black needs to be looked after/cleaned and waxed for it to look good but probably looks the best when straight from a wash out of all the colours.

My wife still thinks best to keep the vigo but pick-ups are so boring .

Convinced her the 1.5 is so much safer and to over-take the extra power is needed.

Tywais that 2.0 was the model we nearly bought .

Must admit would like the new one in Aegean Blue or that bright green.

Any ideas when it will be released april/may?

The US has a good variety including Burgundy Night Pearl which looks great. But alas, not to be for here.

For about 40,000 Baht extra, Honda (well, their paint&panel shop) can make it any color you want ;)

The US has a good variety including

Burgundy Night Pearl which looks great. But alas, not to be for here.

For about 40,000 Baht extra, Honda (well, their paint&panel shop) can make it any color you want ;)

I they dopaont job as guys from Toyota dealers... I guess it not good idea.

;)

The US has a good variety including

Burgundy Night Pearl which looks great. But alas, not to be for here.

For about 40,000 Baht extra, Honda (well, their paint&panel shop) can make it any color you want wink.png

I they dopaont job as guys from Toyota dealers... I guess it not good idea.

wink.png

LOL

The US has a good variety including Burgundy Night Pearl which looks great. But alas, not to be for here.

For about 40,000 Baht extra, Honda (well, their paint&panel shop) can make it any color you want wink.png

Do they take jobs like that? 40K is not bad for a full respray as long as it's done well. The honda dealer at Pathum Thani has a good body shop, or at least it did when I used them. 45K if they take out all the orange peel too lol