Yingluck receives warm welcome in Khon Kaen

webfact

Yingluck receives warm welcome in Khon Kaen
The Nation

KHON KAEN: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra received warm welcome of local residents when she visited Khon Kaen to make merit at a Buddhist temple Monday morning.

Yingluck, accompanied by several former Pheu Thai MPs, visited the Ban Phai morning market in Ban Phai district at 9:30 am. She dropped by a coffee shop and restaurant to have breakfast.

Many Khon Kaen people waited for her at the market to give her roses and post for photos with her.

She later visited the Luangpor Phra Chao Yai Phua Bung Temple to make merit.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-receives-warm-welcome-in-Khon-Kaen-30276087.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2016-01-04

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote "Many people waited for her at the market " She received a warm welcome at K . Khen ???

If, as the minority on TVF speaks. the place would have been gridlocked-----police out to control the masses-----

Is this the big rise again of PTP ??? ha ha ha, I would think the topic will be missing posts from her admirers.

Quote "Many people waited for her at the market " She received a warm welcome at K . Khen ???

If, as the minority on TVF speaks. the place would have been gridlocked-----police out to control the masses-----

Is this the big rise again of PTP ??? ha ha ha, I would think the topic will be missing posts from her admirers.

You just can't help (making a fool of) yourself, can you?

As Isan is a stronghold of the Shiniwatra's, it's hardly surprising that Yingluck got a warm welcome in KK.smile.png Isan farmers must have very short memories if they are cheering her..coffee1.gif

Would that not be classed as an illegal public gathering if hoards of people were waiting to be photographed with Yingluck cheesy.gif

No photo to show how much is many people. The way thai language is it could have only been a dozen or even less. Just as the article says they were waiting for her with roses. How did they know what restaurant and other places she would travel to and stop at? BTW! Even Hitler and Kim had fans who even now support him.

well loved in most of Thailand actually

You of course are joking! Most of Thailand! 555

I personally don't know how popular she remains but I'm pretty sure she's way more popular than the "PM", despite the breathtakingly inane claims of a 99.3% approval rating by the geniuses currently in power.

So wouldn't it be nice to have an election so this could be settled once and for all??

Oh, wait.......

personally, if she has any kind of personal strategy, it would be an excellent idea for her to make regular, relatively low-key appearances like this .... being popular and present for people makes her untouchable by the junta.

It was LOW KEY because she does not have the following you dream of---Third biggest city in Thailand and a few were outside a market---OMG please---low key ha ha ha

You just can't help (making a fool of) yourself, can you?

It is you guys that most days say the majority are with her------true ?? I know who the TVF minority are in denial.

If you guys didn't put this propaganda out NOWT would be said--understand.

No photo to show how much is many people. The way thai language is it could have only been a dozen or even less. Just as the article says they were waiting for her with roses. How did they know what restaurant and other places she would travel to and stop at? BTW! Even Hitler and Kim had fans who even now support him.

it's true no photo and I'm sure you know why so do wake up old chap

I personally don't know how popular she remains but I'm pretty sure she's way more popular than the "PM", despite the breathtakingly inane claims of a 99.3% approval rating by the geniuses currently in power.

So wouldn't it be nice to have an election so this could be settled once and for all??

Oh, wait.......

Being that an election would have any poor voters bought and paid for it would be pointless to have right now.

Oh, wait.......

Being that an election would have any poor voters bought and paid for it would be pointless to have right now.

you know it's untrue so why say it? unless you believe that elections have been bought in the past? and that's a lie too. Maybe you think the yellows never used inducements? or maybe you really believe that someone was overlooking the people who voted? untrue so why say it?

you know it's untrue so why say it? unless you believe that elections have been bought in the past? and that's a lie too. Maybe you think the yellows never used inducements? or maybe you really believe that someone was overlooking the people who voted? untrue so why say it?

Who is really in denial

From an impartial observer of 2011 election

http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2011/07/13/dark-reality-to-vote-buying-in-thailand/

In the days following the election, however, Thailand’s Election Commission has been deluged with over 1,920 complaints of vote buying and other electoral irregularities. Judging from the variety of vote-buying methods I came across in Chonburi, the large number of cases nationwide is not surprising.

In its most elemental form, vote buying taps into local lines of patronage. Kamnan Poh and his family have been prominent in the province for over three decades and many people are loyal to them. “If they win, it will mean having people from our home in parliament and we know they won’t forget to look after us,” one local told me. He also expected his voter loyalty to be repaid in kind: “If they win big in our area, I’m sure there will be a big party to celebrate and definitely some cash handed out, too. …”

Votes can also be bought with hard cash, paid in advance. The current rate in Chonburi starts at 300 baht (around $10) and goes up to as much as 3,000 baht ($100). In Thailand, this practice is as old as the electoral process itself and reaches a crescendo the night before an election or, as Thais call it, kheun maa hawn (the night of the howling dogs).

Seems to me it was decided the thai electorate could not be trusted to vote, also no interest or understanding of democracy from any party so the right to vote was taken away,

Personally i have never really noticed any political party worth their vote, I find them all scary past and present.

Who is really in denial

From an impartial observer of 2011 election

http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2011/07/13/dark-reality-to-vote-buying-in-thailand/

In the days following the election, however, Thailand’s Election Commission has been deluged with over 1,920 complaints of vote buying and other electoral irregularities. Judging from the variety of vote-buying methods I came across in Chonburi, the large number of cases nationwide is not surprising.

In its most elemental form, vote buying taps into local lines of patronage. Kamnan Poh and his family have been prominent in the province for over three decades and many people are loyal to them. “If they win, it will mean having people from our home in parliament and we know they won’t forget to look after us,” one local told me. He also expected his voter loyalty to be repaid in kind: “If they win big in our area, I’m sure there will be a big party to celebrate and definitely some cash handed out, too. …”

Votes can also be bought with hard cash, paid in advance. The current rate in Chonburi starts at 300 baht (around $10) and goes up to as much as 3,000 baht ($100). In Thailand, this practice is as old as the electoral process itself and reaches a crescendo the night before an election or, as Thais call it, kheun maa hawn (the night of the howling dogs).

Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) is one the largest election observing agency. Here are selected quotes from their report after the 2011 PTP victory;

The Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) wishes to congratulate the people of Thailand for turning out in large numbers to exercise their democratic right in a peaceful and orderly manner.

After years of political turmoil and violence that have divided the country, Thailand’s citizens have voted and, no matter their political views, been able to express their political opinion in a peaceful and orderly way based on the rule of law.

Partisan political statements by certain prominent military gave cause for concern.

The idea of bundles of money being handed out during the night of ‘barking dogs’, the night before the election, prevails very strong in public opinion, though not all who talk about it also believe in it. ANFREL recorded the strongest reference to this practice in the deep southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narathiwat...

“Fortunately, the fear that candidates would be unable to travel and campaign freely proved to be largely overblown.”

“The election period, in particular Election Day on July 3rd, was managed well and without any major incident which would call into question the election’s results..."

...that has produced election results that generally seem to reflect the will of the people

there were some flaws in the election, including cases of violence, intimidation and vote-buying that it urged authorities to handle appropriately. But it said there were no major incidents that would call into question the results.

http://anfrel.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ThaiEOMReport_Edit_4-final_edit.pdf

If the Thai people had the choice between Prayuth and Yingluck, I think Yingluck will win a landslide !!

Not because she is a good politician (she is not) but because she is well mannered, polite and soft spoken !!

Qualities admired by most Thai people.

Whereas The Big Leader by many Thais is seen as rude.

"He speak no good"