buying a car, tourist visa

Matej

Hello

I'd like to buy a car. It would make my life much easier here.

I stay here on tourist visa. I'm heavy visa runner. I don't have single overstay day, if it matters ...

The question is whether it's allowed. I want to be a legal owner, of course.

If it's not possible to own a car on tourist visa, what I have to do to make it happen?

Find work, visa B?

Thanks

Any Non-immi type of visa will qualify you to own a car by your name, such as: Non-B, Non-O, Non-Edu, Non-F, etc...

I would suggest you you to apply for Thai language course, there are a lot of schools, education centers offering this course,

therefore, they will issue some documents for you to fly outside the country and apply for Non-Edu. education visa this type, which will be extended every 90 days etc,

Recently I heard from this forum they tightened the procedure when to apply for extension,

anyway, you need to obtain Non-B, Non-O in case you are married to Thai lady, or the least cases Non-Edu,

also you will need to apply for residency certificate which will be issued from immigration office, it takes 3 to 4 weeks time to get it from them, they will send it to your staying address, this is needed to register the car at the land department, also you need this certificate when you decided to sell your car, hope this helped a bit,

Good luck,

Edited by momtaz

Any Non-immi type of visa will qualify you to own a car by your name, such as: Non-B, Non-O, Non-Edu, Non-F, etc...

I would suggest you you to apply for Thai language course, there are a lot of schools, education centers offering this course,

therefore, they will issue some documents for you to fly outside the country and apply for Non-Edu. education visa this type, which will be extended every 90 days etc,

Recently I heard from this forum they tightened the procedure when to apply for extension,

anyway, you need to obtain Non-B, Non-O in case you are married to Thai lady, or the least cases Non-Edu,

also you will need to apply for residency certificate which will be issued from immigration office, it takes 3 to 4 weeks time to get it from them, they will send it to your staying address, this is needed to register the car at the land department, also you need this certificate when you decided to sell your car, hope this helped a bit,

Good luck,

Nonsense. All you'll need is certificate of address from immigration or your embassy, with that you can register the car in your name.

I have bought a used car and motorbike while on a tourist visa with a certificate of residence from Jomtien immigration. The blue book (for the car) and green book (for the motorbike) are both in my name.

I bought the motorbike locally in the Pattaya area and the car in Bangkok.

For the motorbike I did the transfer myself at the transport office.

For the car the tent dealer I bought it from used his agent to do the transfer and I provided him the original certificate of immigration and 2 passport copies including copies of my visa and stamp. I with held 20,000 baht of the purchase price of the car until the book was in my name, the dealer did not want to let me do this but I held my ground and he agreed when I was about to walk away from the purchase.

It took about 10 days before he called to say the book was in my name and I had to go to Bangkok to pick up the book and pay the balance of 20,000 baht. It worked out well for me because I got him to fix a small issue with the windscreen washer bottle which I did not notice on my orginal inspection of the car while I was there.

Good luck with your purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

I shared what I knew, and what I dealt with to register cars and bike several time using Non types of visa, i was told that tourist visa won't qualify to register, same as to not possible open a bank account,,, this sharing to be called nonsense??, Alright fine !